An ancient project revisited.

If you've been here for an extremely long time, and also have a good memory, you might remember this (to avoid the world's biggest necropost, here is the other link). I'm planning on beginning work on it anew, as I recently rediscovered EV for myself and felt the need to finish this. It'll probably go slow at first since the computer that held the original project files has long since died. However, with my good memory and 3 year old lists of the plugin's contents, I think I can pull it off, and probably better this time around due to my significantly advanced photoshop skills. So if you remember it, I'm impressed, and if you don't or have never seen it, check out the link. I'm sure something like it has come up in the time I've been away, but I'm going to finish what I started anyway.

Oh, and if anyone downloaded this and kept it all those years ago, it would be incredibly helpful of you to give me a copy. 😉

I never partook in your weapon plugins since all of my Nova time has been burned away by Anathema, but I do remember thinking that you had some great ideas! Best of luck with the continuation of the project!

Oh, and Gauss > Coilgun, but that's just my own personal bias. 😛

I remember this project. (Actually, the thing that most jogged my memory was rereading Desprez's "Teddy bears that shoot beams out of their eyes" response. 😄 )

If you do this, I have two suggestions:

1. Promise yourself you'll release a "v1" version when you've got the first 8-12 weapons finished. Otherwise, with an open-ended thing like this, we may never get to see any of it.

2. Plugs like this generally make the game easier, simply because they add options without adding challenges. An easy way to rectify this is to add a bunch of nasty Marauder-govt pers-es that use your new weapons. These things are also a lot of fun to duel by temporarily tying them to specific systems, so I bet you can find willing playtesters.

Cool, people actually do remember.
Also, could anyone point me to a list of resource IDs used by Nova? Google turned up nothing and I can't seem to find it in the new bible. It would help a great deal.

I think your quickest and easiest way to find out is to look at the actual Nova Files, myself. I don't know of a comprehensive list, but that doesn't mean it isn't out there.

Resource ID Guide
Edit: whoops, that doesn't display what the stock scenario uses, only the hard limits. I hate being out of contact for a week. I have seen such as requested before, though. Perhaps I'll attach the one I made myself, or if I find one just link (although I think mine is better, anyway).
Edit: fount this guide, but it looks buggy to me...

This post has been edited by Nonconventionally Creative : 04 April 2009 - 09:58 PM

Cool, thanks. That'll be helpful. Progress is occurring, and I hope to have a sample plug released in a few days.

Heya, Kaoz. I remember you doing this plug way back when - do you remember ME? 😛

I'm afraid I can't help with testing this time 'round, though - school just makes it an impossibility. 😞

Uploaded to the addons page, awaiting check.

QUOTE (Warlord Mike @ Apr 5 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heya, Kaoz. I remember you doing this plug way back when - do you remember ME? 😛

I'm afraid I can't help with testing this time 'round, though - school just makes it an impossibility. 😞

Zomg, you still exist. Good to see you.

Thanks a ton.