Wraith Plug Idea: [topic from 2002]

I don't have the time to mess with this, but if I did, I would make it. So I'm just going to put it out and let someone else have the credit.

Anyway, someone should make a plug where you are a Wraith, and you run around defending wraith space, maybe fighting the krypt mind, keeping pirates from encroaching on your territory and help improve relations with Polarans.

Since the Polarans make all these biological goodies for their ships anyway, why not make it possible for them to make these goodies for the Wraith? I don't know about all the 'credits' and what not, I guess you could just pass it off as energy credits or something. The hard part would be re-writing the universe to be a wraith. Obviously you couldn't go into any bars, so descriptions would have to be changed, many outfits would have to be removed. A wraith couldn't put on a missile launcher.

The wraith could have one 'homeworld' which could basically be an asteroid that just host communal gatherings.

The polaris would provide the wraith with new techs - maybe some type of biological enhancement that would allow you to carry weapons such as missile launchers.

Wormholes could become more like hypergates, the wraith could have the ability to choose where to come out (I don't know if this is possible, but if you turned all the wormholes into hypergates that were all linked, but just looked like wormholes, this should work).

Anyway, plot would have to be developed further, but tell me what you think. And run with it if you want to.

------------------
"You will find that your device is highly non-functional...." - Bad Guy

I like.

Just voicing my support. I am currently unable to make plugins. Not only do I lack any experience at all, whenever I attempt to use Nova toolsmy computer get possessed by an evil demon of evilness. Then it blows up. Then, out of the wreckage a giant tentacled beast appears and eats me.

ps. This was not a complaint, just my excuse for not making this plug.

I see, well I'm glad to get positive feedback. If I hear things correctly NovaTools is much easier to make plug ins then it was messing around with res-edit. Oh if only someone would make an Ev-Edit for Nova that actually worked! Things would be too easy then I guess. Anyway, I guess I could make this a sorta summer project maybe, of course my job might get in the way....

Another idea - one I forgot to put down. When you start out you would be a young wraith, and as you advanced through the main string you would grow up - basically the plug just automatically gives you a better ship as you advance. I think that all the outfits would have to be designed to stay with your ship however - that too could take a while.

You could also be a human and somehow be morphed into one of these - either by some sabatoge or on accident, or maybe even by choice. What sounds good?

------------------

Originally posted by Unsane:
**I like.

Just voicing my support. I am currently unable to make plugins. Not only do I lack any experience at all, whenever I attempt to use Nova toolsmy computer get possessed by an evil demon of evilness. Then it blows up. Then, out of the wreckage a giant tentacled beast appears and eats me.

ps. This was not a complaint, just my excuse for not making this plug.**

I think I know your problem. Novatools was specifically programmed so it wouldn't work on your computer. Oh, by the way -- the tentacled beast is a feature, not a bug!

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.wheenit.com/monkey-robot/")Monkey-Robot(/url)

Originally posted by Unsane:
(B...whenever I attempt to use Nova toolsmy computer get possessed by an evil demon of evilness. Then it blows up. Then, out of the wreckage a giant tentacled beast appears and eats me.
(/B)

I had a similar problem until I sacrificed a small child to the Hoary Man-Goat. Oh, and zapped my PRAM.

------------------

Oh my.... Getting off topic are we.....?

Plot ideas:

Well, I need 'em. Does anyone have any genius ideas they would love to share here? We need to create a plot which would seem to start out shallow - but then it becomes deeper and deeper, with twists and turns, and all sorts of unexpected happenings. Well, you know. Anyway, how 'bout this: You are a wraith and your family or parents or what not have all been killed by a certain new group of pirates; possibly pirates that have managed to get some Polaris technology. Your goal would be to destroy them, but it could end up that they are somehow being controlled by the Krypt, or maybe some super-secret section of te Fed government. You would end up having some real large skirmishes. There could be missions to stop supply lines, missions to destroy new stations which are being built (destroy defense fleet and then the text after plot just says that the wraith all went over and blew it up). Maybe some observation missions - you can cloak. I dunno, anyone's input would be great.

------------------

You could also say that like the wraith are actually people, that evloved into another form in the physical realm. And that you become one of them, when after touching an artifact which the (instert ancient civilization here) created to evolve into the wraith. As small wraith learning about the ways of fighting, and knowing of your endless war with the hyperiods (you can do somthing with those hyperoids) you have to become an Ory' hara like person to your people and save it before they are killed off by the hyperoids. You make contact with the polaris when they stumbled into your space and you make a meeting exchanging alliances to help get the hyperoids... you could go from there...

Shrout1: I posted these 2 posts in the other forum in response to your request for a wraith plug:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is possible to use the char resource to make a Wraith character, and play from there. Expand the variety of ships they use as the age, use the cron resource to spontaneously change ships over time...Some may not like the lack of variety, but for those of us who liked the Vell-Os idea, it could be fun. I'd be willing to help out, especially with the coding, cant do graphics ( I suck at any and all art forms). If your interested in help, ideas, or the Wraith thing, email me: russell_quintero@space.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually, Ive thought about this Wraith thing for a little while, and Im gonna start it. If you like it, you can add to to your series UE Crusader. I will need help with missions (ie: its a great idea, but I don't have a story to use it with. Im thinking perhaps the history of their involvement with the Polaris and possible some encounters with the Krypt, and other govs.) and ideas for things to do, but all the missions can start by being spoken to by another Wraith(a pers). Also, Ill need a little graphic help(really just a landing scene for Hot'A'Tanius or whatever their homewrld is called.) Any way post ideas here and/or email if you wanna help. Any feedback is good.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have already started some messing around with a prototype, making a cron to have you reach puberty, making a char that starts you in Hot'A'Tanius as a child and that says somehing like You have just been born, enjoy your life or something. Made to pers, Mother and Father, still have to test whether I can make them show up o demand 🙂 A lot of cool stuff possible, and Id love to help you as I think that this is a great idea with amazing possibilities. I havent actually made a plug before, but I have done some programming, and Nova Tools looks pretty simple.

Now, all we need is a plot, and a good one. It has to be very good because the person will be slightly "enslaved" in that they canot buy ships or outfits, although we could probably make up new abilities to give them over time.

I was thinking maybe a history of Wraith Polaris relations moving onto new ground(since this is covered in Polaris string) after they become friends and then (insert really coo idea here :D). Have some encounters with other govs, some background with hyperiods(they are harmless so they cant be a threat), and some defense/attack missions.

Anyway, need a writer I guess. graphics can all be stock since this is just a seventh string. It can be longer though, and replace the other missions.

Ideas/Feedback...

Shrout: perhaps you could post a thread about this on the main Nova forum, to see if anyone is interested in writing or has plot ideas

Well.. I think hyperoids are scary...

Okay, Ill admit they are scary. I have the beginnings of a wraith plug done(you age randomly, text message at bottom when you do) and they are a lot stronger when you are in a smaller and slower ship. Personally I think the Wraith should be faster. Perhaps Ill make them speed up with age, instead of slow down. Think about it, I'm faster than my 7 year old brother, and nothing,except perhaps light, is faster than a fully grown Kenyan 🙂

I was thinking about this a last week sometime, but I forgot to post until now:
The Wraith don't have shields, right? So shields could be a second fuel source for them! This would only work on))for cloaking or static "outfits", but it would be cool. Unfortunately, for it to work correctly, every weapon would have to penetrate shields, and then Fed/Auroran/Polaris/Vell-Os ships wouldn't work right. So it's OK for a TC, but not for this unless you make up some sort of excuse that the Wraith can't tell the difference between shields and armor.

-Matt

------------------
'I' before 'E', except in "Budweiser".
Disclaimer: All claims made herein are hereby considered null and void. No guarantee of satisfaction is given, either explicitly or implicitly.
(url="http://"http://www.pacificnet.net/~restorer/3d/")3D Model Samples(/url)

Actually the Wraith do have shields, equal to their armor in fact. I was confused by this at first, until I realized that if they can use the "ether" for propulsion, and tunnel into hyperspace and wrap it around themselves for transport, they can probably shield themselves from some level of damage.

Originally posted by Shrout1:
**I don't have the time to mess with this, but if I did, I would make it. So I'm just going to put it out and let someone else have the credit.

Anyway, someone should make a plug where you are a Wraith, and you run around defending wraith space, maybe fighting the krypt mind, keeping pirates from encroaching on your territory and help improve relations with Polarans.

Since the Polarans make all these biological goodies for their ships anyway, why not make it possible for them to make these goodies for the Wraith? I don't know about all the 'credits' and what not, I guess you could just pass it off as energy credits or something. The hard part would be re-writing the universe to be a wraith. Obviously you couldn't go into any bars, so descriptions would have to be changed, many outfits would have to be removed. A wraith couldn't put on a missile launcher.

The wraith could have one 'homeworld' which could basically be an asteroid that just host communal gatherings.

The polaris would provide the wraith with new techs - maybe some type of biological enhancement that would allow you to carry weapons such as missile launchers.

Wormholes could become more like hypergates, the wraith could have the ability to choose where to come out (I don't know if this is possible, but if you turned all the wormholes into hypergates that were all linked, but just looked like wormholes, this should work).

Anyway, plot would have to be developed further, but tell me what you think. And run with it if you want to.**

Great idea :)!

------------------
patrick...
My e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:patrick_1@mac.com")mailto:patrick_1@mac.com(/url)patrick_1@mac.com

Hey - Great ideas! Me and my friends already have a plug using some of these same ideas in progress. We have nearly finished all the missions (more than 40) and have programmed much of it. If you would like to be involved let me know. We need some people to do graphics and some beta testing. If you want a synopsis send me a PM and I'll tell ya'll more about it.