EVO ColdStorage?

Remember?

I remember someone made a graphics update for all of EV Override Port To Nova and named it something like Cold Storage. Who would happen to know who's website it is on? I can't remember and googling it is hopeless as there is a company called Nova Cold Storage... :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for help...

ps: EVC port to nova graphics update? What was that even called? Forgot <_<

Cold Fusion, perhaps?

Thanks. That was the EVO graphics update I was looking for! Thanks for the help...

Anyone know a EVC graphics update plug for the port?

Revisiting the old games is fun once in a while 😃

Perhaps it's just the physics geek in me, but when I think cold <something>, the first thing that comes to my mind is fusion. Certainly not storage. 😉

A true physics geek would immediately remove that thought from his brain!

@1purevengeance1, on Dec 10 2008, 02:51 PM, said in EVO ColdStorage?:

Anyone know a EVC graphics update plug for the port?

Would that be rEVisited?

There's a source for the "entirely unofficial version" (rEV 1.1b2), located here. Seems to work well.

The three-part (official?) version hosted on the Add-ons pages here seems improperly formatted; two of those plugins can't be expanded.

"Cold Storage"? Wow.... How literally un-dynamic! Sounds like a plug that resets all ship max speeds to zero.... I wonder if anyone will remember this idea next Spring -- say at the beginning of the fourth month of the year?

🙂 😉

Welcome to the boards, Korvash Thorn. Enjoy your stay and be blessed by the Light of Bob.
Are you referring to the Mac version (1 2 3) or the Windows version (1 2 3)?
I'm not sure what could be wrong with the windows versions, but the macintosh versions look to have been split, simply needing cated together to remake the archive.
Edit: the zip files do also seem to be split in segments. Now cat expects text...

Edit: disregard that stuff about cat. Cat handled the binary just fine, but the files were split using some esoteric archive-specific format.
I can read the original .sit files by running unstuff rEV.sit.1 to generate a combined .sit file.
I still haven't figured out how to read the .zip files, but as expected, I can get a file listing and get a few files by reading 003, since the file/folder information is stored at the end and uses relative offsets.

@nonconventionally-creative, on Dec 11 2008, 11:14 PM, said in EVO ColdStorage?:

Welcome to the boards, Korvash Thorn. Enjoy your stay and be blessed by the Light of Bob.
Are you referring to the Mac version (1 2 3) or the Windows version (1 2 3)?
I'm not sure what could be wrong with the windows versions, but the macintosh versions look to have been split, simply needing cated together to remake the archive.

Thanks for the welcome! I used to post on the boards as PlanetPhil, maybe five years ago.

It was the Mac version I was talking about; two of the split files wouldn't expand for me. I might have handled them badly, perhaps. The version of rEVisited I was able to download does work well, though, and it's just gorgeous. My compliments to the chef.

Welcome back, PlanetPhil!

@david-arthur, on Dec 12 2008, 05:17 PM, said in EVO ColdStorage?:

Welcome back, PlanetPhil!

David, thanks! Glad to see you're still the EV mainstay you were back in the day. Congrats on the recent upgrade to MissionComputer; I downloaded it the same day it came out. Looking forward to putting it to use.

@dr--trowel, on Dec 11 2008, 11:07 PM, said in EVO ColdStorage?:

"Cold Storage"? Wow.... How literally un-dynamic! Sounds like a plug that resets all ship max speeds to zero.... I wonder if anyone will remember this idea next Spring -- say at the beginning of the fourth month of the year?

🙂 😉

How 'bout you? I already have a different idea for that time. 😉

@nonconventionally-creative, on Dec 11 2008, 11:14 PM, said in EVO ColdStorage?:

Welcome to the boards, Korvash Thorn. Enjoy your stay and be blessed by the Light of Lathander.

Can we please keep the cult of Lathander contained in the Nova boards? It's bad enough there as it is without it spilling out to other places.

I can concede to not welcoming new members on the DC with blessings of the morninglord if it will keep everyone happy.

Not to say I won't post here and spread Bob's word with my sig, though.

Very well. I shall make a concession to the heathen 😉
My logic was the use of the word "boards" whereas Nova Board is singular. Perhaps the hope is that people move beyond simply being a user and become a developer. Approximately. Not that we don't need users. Or something.

Well, we don't want to start a religious war now do we? 🙂

And we certainly need a very balanced user-developer ratio. I just have to figure out what that ratio is and we'll be set.

Your mindless geeky prattling is detracting from the fact that PlanetPhil is back! 😮

It isn't geeky until I say that I need to know the Kc to calculate the ratio.

Thanks for the help. Late Merry Christmas and not quite New Years to you all! 😃