MissionComputer 4.0b2 now available

Need to try it out again. Problem is, my work schedule is killing my free time. 44.5 hours scheduled this week. Ugh...

great app David. good work.

just so i can get in the credits, can i request a feature change for the preferences saving logistics? can you have the preference change take affect before you close the window? it isn't a big thing but, if you have time, i think it will help the odd first time user to see what a couple of the options do without having to close the window, try it out, then open the pref window again. 😄

in the credits sounds like being in the money in the ev reality. can i get in?
Posted Image

@geek, on Oct 2 2008, 01:37 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0b2 now available:

But I wouldn't mind being in the credits for reporting bugs in the alpha stage. 🙂

How would you like to be listed?

@tycho, on Oct 2 2008, 08:27 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0b2 now available:

can you have the preference change take affect before you close the window? it isn't a big thing but, if you have time, i think it will help the odd first time user to see what a couple of the options do without having to close the window, try it out, then open the pref window again. 😄

Actually, changes already do take effect immediately. The only exception is the five slots for data files and folders, where this would be too complicated for the benefit it would produce; anything else will be communicated to the rest of the application the moment you click the check box.

@david-arthur, on Oct 2 2008, 03:57 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0b2 now available:

Actually, changes already do take effect immediately. The only exception is the five slots for data files and folders, where this would be too complicated for the benefit it would produce; anything else will be communicated to the rest of the application the moment you click the check box.

ok, well, perhaps when you uncheck the data files and folders, it doesn't forgot the previous location of them. i don't really know why you have a checkbox and not two buttons that say "browse" and "clear" or something anyway.

This post has been edited by Tycho : 02 October 2008 - 07:05 PM

How would you like to be listed?

I'll just go with "Geek". Quick and simple.

I'd like to be included in the credit list as well but only if you believed that I had contributed to something to the MC community. If that's the case, then just list me as "Coraxus".

Also, can we have the save function work all the time no matter where in MC the users' at? Like if I'm working on an oütf dialog window, I can just hit command S on the spot.

@geek, on Oct 2 2008, 10:38 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0b2 now available:

I'll just go with "Geek". Quick and simple.

@coraxus, on Oct 3 2008, 04:24 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0b2 now available:

If that's the case, then just list me as "Coraxus".

Both added.

@coraxus, on Oct 3 2008, 04:24 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0b2 now available:

Also, can we have the save function work all the time no matter where in MC the users' at? Like if I'm working on an oütf dialog window, I can just hit command S on the spot.

That's been on my list ever since I implemented multiple editor windows, but got bumped to 4.1 since no one had ever complained about it. 🙂