MissionComputer 4.0a9 now available

@jacabyte, on Jul 12 2008, 10:55 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a9 now available:

Sorry, I was referring to having the ID numbers for the PICTs and the descs linked to from an ouft resource listed in the ouft resource itself.

MissionComputer's equivalent is to have buttons which open the actual resource, which for most purposes is more useful than merely telling you the ID; as I said above, though, I plan to modify those buttons so that they tell you the resource's ID before you open it.

@guy, on Jul 13 2008, 12:39 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a9 now available:

Say, how about adding buttons to the toolbar to quickly switch views?

Actually, I was just thinking about that. When I first implemented the graphical picker, that wouldn't have been practical, but with the various architectural improvements I've made for 4.0, I should be able to do something like it in the next version.

Major problem. I can no longer type in any number in the mission resource. The only thing I can do is erase a number, but any attempt to type in a number gives me an error sound.

@coraxus, on Jul 17 2008, 01:26 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a9 now available:

Major problem. I can no longer type in any number in the mission resource. The only thing I can do is erase a number, but any attempt to type in a number gives me an error sound.

People had problems like this with the original a9, but I thought the a9r2 that I uploaded later in the day on the 8th had fixed them all - and I can't reproduce this in a9r2. Did you download the r2 update (linked in the first post of this thread), or is this in the original a9?

@david-arthur, on Jul 17 2008, 09:26 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a9 now available:

People had problems like this with the original a9, but I thought the a9r2 that I uploaded later in the day on the 8th had fixed them all - and I can't reproduce this in a9r2. Did you download the r2 update (linked in the first post of this thread), or is this in the original a9?

Oh shoot, while I had been tracking this topic, I didn't notice an R2 release. I'll get back to you on that.

(EDIT)
Okay, I downloaded the r2 and it seems to be working now, thanks.
(/EDIT)

This post has been edited by Coraxus : 17 July 2008 - 10:45 AM

For some reason, MC is taking one of my 200x200 outfit PICTs and turning into a 144x144 piece of pixelized junk. I'm making a new PICT resource, importing the pict in from a file, (it's .png, by the way) and then it shows up okay in the preview. But if I close the window and open it again, it's been shrunk. Any ideas?

Is it 72dpi?

No, I made it 100 dpi.

Uh... Yeah, that could be the trouble.

Edit: I just noticed that you can't set ships to be disabled at 10% armor; it automatically reverts to 33% armor when you close the ship resource.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 17 July 2008 - 03:52 PM

@jacabyte, on Jul 17 2008, 04:44 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a9 now available:

No, I made it 100 dpi.

On-screen graphics are 72 dpi by definition (96 dpi on Windows). If you import a graphic that's at a different resolution, it gets automatically resampled to be 72 dpi, but maintain the current real dimensions.

@jacabyte, on Jul 17 2008, 04:44 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a9 now available:

I just noticed that you can't set ships to be disabled at 10% armor; it automatically reverts to 33% armor when you close the ship resource.

Fixed, thanks. (The error happens only if you haven't changed anything else in the resource.)

@david-arthur, on Jul 18 2008, 10:06 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a9 now available:

On-screen graphics are 72 dpi by definition (96 dpi on Windows). If you import a graphic that's at a different resolution, it gets automatically resampled to be 72 dpi, but maintain the current real dimensions.

Can you change that so it sets the dpi without resampling?

@guy, on Jul 17 2008, 08:51 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a9 now available:

Can you change that so it sets the dpi without resampling?

Not easily - the resampling happens before I even get hold of the image.

Ship cargo (and free mass?) value has a special function if it is negative but MC won't allow a negative value in that field.

@guy, on Aug 14 2008, 02:34 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a9 now available:

Ship cargo (and free mass?) value has a special function if it is negative but MC won't allow a negative value in that field.

I've short-circuited the code that blocks negative numbers since a9, but thanks for bringing this to my attention - I'll add a check box for negative cargo values.

I had encoded an RLE to a new file then realised I had done it wrong so needed to do it again. I went through the same process and when MC asked "the file already exists, would you like to replace?" I clicked yes. Next thing I know it's complaining that an RLE with that ID already exists in the file.

@guy, on Aug 18 2008, 05:25 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a9 now available:

I went through the same process and when MC asked "the file already exists, would you like to replace?" I clicked yes. Next thing I know it's complaining that an RLE with that ID already exists in the file.

The message asking you if you want to replace isn't actually MissionComputer, but the Save As dialogue box doing its own thing - I've made a note of this, though, and will try to find a way to address the conflict in b2.