STEVO is looking good [old topic]

@jacabyte, on May 16 2008, 08:24 PM, said in STEVO is looking good [old topic]:

Hey, wowwee! I gleaned a link out of all those URLs that pointed simply to "http:///" as a result of a board makeover in late 2006. It's not much, and I don't have time to figure out if you can actually download anything from there.

I just did. Some of them might be Binary Files, and the rest .sit files. Nice job there, JacaByte.

(EDIT)I've discovered that when you get the files, they're all Unix Executables. I was actually looking forward to getting something from downloading them.

This post has been edited by king_of_manticores : 17 May 2008 - 10:50 AM

If you want a Star Trek thing, your best bet is Starfleet Adventures, it's a TC in progress for Nova. I'm sort of staff for it, but I've not been able to help much of late.

@king_of_manticores, on May 17 2008, 11:30 AM, said in STEVO is looking good [old topic]:

I've discovered that when you get the files, they're all Unix Executables. I was actually looking forward to getting something from downloading them.

'UNIX executable' is just Mac OS X's way of saying 'I don't know what kind of file this is' - if you drag them onto a programme like StuffIt Expander or The Unarchiver (highly recommended), they'll expand just fine. They appear, however, to be the 3D model files for the ships in question, rather than actually EV resources.

@david-arthur, on May 17 2008, 12:17 PM, said in STEVO is looking good [old topic]:

'UNIX executable' is just Mac OS X's way of saying 'I don't know what kind of file this is' - if you drag them onto a programme like StuffIt Expander or The Unarchiver (highly recommended), they'll expand just fine. They appear, however, to be the 3D model files for the ships in question, rather than actually EV resources.

:blink:

What I stumbled upon is still gold, no? Model files are actually even more useful than sprites, assuming you have a 3D modeling program.

@jacabyte, on May 17 2008, 04:12 PM, said in STEVO is looking good [old topic]:

What I stumbled upon is still gold, no? Model files are actually even more useful than sprites, assuming you have a 3D modeling program.

More useful if you're a developer looking for clip art, less useful if what you want is a plug-in that you can play.

Godzfire you really need to get rid of your pict in you sig.

Sheesh, calm down people. I've been busy all this weekend and just got the chance to get back here today. It's gone.....

Anyway, back on topic. I sat myself down last night, unzipped/sitted/whater'ed all my old EVO SITS/ZIPS/Etc to check out what I all had, them rearchive them using Apple's built in one. I managed to find an old version of STEVO and also the last site that is currently up: You can find it here: http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~djc/evost/

If you click the "Welcome Developers" link, it will take you to where you can download the last released zip collection Joe put up. I only had time to do a little digging on the files, but there are at least 5 Trek ships ready to play for Classic EVO. Unfortunately, it will need some work to be converted to NOVA-EVO, as it gave me a error about my pilot file after installing the plug and promptly crashing.