DPT and aDPT calculator

Can we get a little "ooohhhh aahhhhhh?"

I've decided to use a script triggered by a Calculate! button rather than a calculation field. It will work better.

Qaanol, I can't tell, but does your calculaion account for the possibility of negative damage as a result of decay?

This post has been edited by LNSU : 14 April 2008 - 11:34 AM

Yes.

ArmorDmg = max(0, ArmorDmg)
	ShieldDmg = max(0, ShieldDmg)

You could do a similar thing for any field that doesn't make sense to be negative, as the aforementioned ProxRad.

Update:

Fixed a divide-by-zero error when decay = 0. Fixed an error where decay was being added to the shot instead of subtracted, resulting in shots getting stronger as time goes on.

I need some help crafting an if statement that given speed, inaccuracy, and angle_to_target(between 0 and 180) checks whether or not the weapon will hit.

That'd be a little tough, I'd imagine since it depends on the size of the target. Heck, in fast moving fights having a fast firing, slightly less accurate weapon can be better since you don't have to aim so exactly to ensure that at least some shots hit.

No, its a best-case scenario where the target doesn't move. Weapons have 100% accuracy.

Firing angle implemented.

On the weekend I'll implement firing for a continuous period. It will take a lot of work, and quite possibly a full recode.

http://webserver.smphoto.com/redline/

You can get the latest version there.

admin account password is "persuasion"

This post has been edited by LNSU : 26 April 2008 - 01:32 PM