The Exploding Start Ship bug

Can you give us a nova data file with only that problem ship, the escape pod ship, the escape pod outfit, and the associated shans and images? it won't run, but it will let us better explore what the problem might be.

@shlimazel, on Sep 18 2007, 09:54 AM, said in The Exploding Start Ship bug:

Hunh. Well, I'd say give the ship one point of shields and leave it 😉

That just keeps you from blowing up. Even with that you still can't move.

@lnsu, on Sep 18 2007, 10:56 AM, said in The Exploding Start Ship bug:

Can you give us a nova data file with only that problem ship, the escape pod ship, the escape pod outfit, and the associated shans and images? it won't run, but it will let us better explore what the problem might be.

Eh, sure. I'll work on it. It's worthing noting that the ship works fine under every other condition, except for when you eject.

This has got to be the weirdest bug I've ever seen. Besides the one crashing my EVNEW on that one file...

What was the health of the ship you ejected from?

About a thousand. Before I ejected of course. I'll try giving both ships shields.

Well this is certainly annoying. I got it fixed, but unless I find a workaround, I'll have to do some serious rewrites <_<

Ship I was in: 1000 Armor, 200 Shields.

Ship 128: 280 armor, 200 shields.

When I took off in ship 128 it said I had 71% armor. When I landed this was repaired.

Note that it seems to be related to how much shields my first ship had. When I gave just ship 128 shields, it said I had 0% armor and wouldn't let me move or fire.

This post has been edited by gray_shirt_ninja : 18 September 2007 - 05:29 PM