Graphics still needed for CTC

Colosseum is in late beta, pretty close to having a final candidate release (if I could just figure out these weapon exit points...). However, it still is badly in need of graphics to be complete. I'd rather not release something with the majority of the outfitters saying "Placeholder Graphic". So, I'm looking for donations and people willing to join the graphics team. The latter will get full access to the beta, of course. Below is what I still need. I can provide more details if needed. If you wish to help, post here, PM me, or email me.

*About fourteen weapon sprites (accurate estimate). I'll give more details on what I need specifically if anyone wishes to handle these.

*About 80 outfitters (fairly accurate estimate) picts, the biggest part of the graphics load. I'll give more details on what I need specifically if anyone wishes to handle these. (Since the workload is so large, I'm going to allow more than one person to work on these)

*Spobs: 3 stations (with landing picts), 1 hypergate (Sorry CA, we couldn't get yours to loop properly. 😞 )

*1-3 types of asteroids.

~~*About three-five explosions, including a big, fancy, nuclear one.

*The menu screen interface (keep all six buttons in some form, I actually use the "about" desc)

*All dialogue and similiar boxes (mostly just redesigns, altering their shape is totally optional)~~

*All gambling pictures

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 02 September 2007 - 03:00 PM

I can probably handle some of the energy-related weapon sprites (blasters and the like) if you have any. Although I'd probably get the best results from tweaking stuff already in the game, so if that's what you want I can probably handle it. I may be able to do some dialogue boxes, but they won't be as good as Crusader Alpha's sidebars if you're going for the same look.

Sent you a PM with details.

Speaking of graphics, I noticed in that last screenie you posted that you appeared to be using the 'Shields' plug. Will that be a part of CTC or is it just an extra plug you were using at the time? In any case, you may notice the sprites suffer from poor scaling and rough masks - this was relatively straight-forward to fix so if you want an improved version get it from my site 🙂

This post has been edited by Guy : 20 October 2009 - 04:38 AM

Yeah. I asked Dark Revenant early on if I could use the shield bubbles in Colosseum since I wanted bubbles and his looked really good.

And thanks for the fix. Now I need to replace the old shields with the fixed ones.

What are you doing with a huge, nuclear-type explosion in a fighter-based game?

@zapp, on Aug 23 2007, 10:25 PM, said in Graphics still needed for CTC:

What are you doing with a huge, nuclear-type explosion in a fighter-based game?

Probably a huge nuclear bomb in a fighter based game.

Or maybe a kamikaze.

You'll have to wait until release to find out. :rolleyes:

I can take a crack at doing some outfit pics.

Sure. You can tell what we need browsing the graphics file.

I can help make the weapon sprites, I make them from scratch with GIMP, so they won't be "3D"........

EDIT:

Oh wait, Cosmic Nuisance already accepted..... darn.

This post has been edited by Harbinger of Doom : 26 August 2007 - 04:53 AM

I'm looking for 3D projects. I'd be interested in giving it a shot.

Well, which area are you specifically interested in helping out? Or do you want to just do graphics in general? Either is fine with me. 🙂

Outfitters, I think. Also, I could probably make some explosions with Pyrocluster. Although I don't use it that much, pyrocluster has the potential to make really sweet explosions.

All right! Someone is finally stepping up to the plate!

Thanks. I'll PM you with what I need later tonight. I need to go somewhere in about two minutes.

I'll take a look at some of the outfitters if you want, I could also do station spobs.

Anything static really. My current version of Cinema 4D doesn't animate.

--BP

I'd prefer stations first if you don't mind, since I don't have anyone working on those right now, as opposed to two people helping with outfits.

And unanimated spobs are just fine. And who said hypergates had to be animated? 😉

Wait a minute, who was doing the menu screen again? I know Cosmic is handling all the dialogue boxes, but I can't remember who offer for that screen. Or did anyone? Hmmm...

A new menu sreen? Thi is gonna pwn face.