Ship Classification

I still say the Scorpion; in a game I play, it is the "TAV", I suppose you could call it, though "V" would be Vehicle, as it's a land-based FPS.

@archon, on Aug 31 2007, 04:11 PM, said in Ship Classification:

Perhaps this can be explained by the fact that now that there's a different person in charge (the player), he/she decided to name ships something flashier. :laugh:

Keep in mind that although the Bureau rules the Federation, they aren't necessarily the ones working in the shipyards. I seem to recall Sigma making the Scoutship...

OK, I just wrote a new dësc into the plug:

You send Admiral Penton a brief message ordering him to meet you at the spaceport in 0100 hours. When he finally arrives, you let him have it.

"Benjamin, what the %*!# is THIS!? "

"Oh, that's the new Federation Heavy Medium Large General-Equipment Super-Good Airborne Spacefaring Hyper-Ultra Missile Platform with Lazerz."

"The WHAT?" You shoot Penton in the face six times with a revolver, reload, and shoot him six more times. Also in the face.

The next day, you are contacted by the Federation Shipwrights Association who inform you that ship has been renamed the Sentinel. You smile.

@archon, on Sep 1 2007, 04:31 AM, said in Ship Classification:

You send Admiral Penton a brief message ordering him to meet you at the spaceport in 0100 hours. When he finally arrives, you let him have it.

"Oh, that's the new Federation Heavy Medium Large General-Equipment Super-Good Airborne Spacefaring Hyper-Ultra Missile Platform with Lazerz."

"The WHAT?" You shoot Penton in the face six times with a revolver, reload, and shoot him six more times. Also in the face.

The next day, you are contacted by the Federation Shipwrights Association who inform you that ship has been renamed the Sentinel. You smile.

LOL! :laugh: with lazerz, classic.

@archon, on Sep 1 2007, 12:31 AM, said in Ship Classification:

ROTFLOL repeatedly!

Heavier than a Fighter, yet lighter than a Destroyer?

You could try "Frigate," or "Lancer" maybe.

Or, if you're really attached to those adjectives, "Tactical Assault Frigate / Lancer."

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 01 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

Use a two-word combination:

First word:
Assault
Tactical
Light
Heavy
Reinforced
Armed

Second Word:
Intercepter
Fighter
Frigate
Freighter
Striker
Vessel
Defender

more later

This post has been edited by Starbridge21 : 02 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

Officer: Admiral, when shall we move the Assault Freighters into battle position?
Admiral: We need to wait until the Heavy Vessels have come out of hyperspace, then we'll move the Tactical Miners into position, and that's when the Assault Freighters will begin deadly shipping runs on the other side of the enemy fleet!

😛

You fool! We need to wait for the Advanced Dragnet Force Projecting Fighters to move into position behind the Large Decoy class Assault Transports before we can even think about doing anything with the Assault Freighters!

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 02 September 2007 - 04:58 PM

@starbridge21, on Sep 2 2007, 03:54 AM, said in Ship Classification:

Use a two-word combination:

First word:
Assault
Tactical
Light
Heavy
Reinforced
Armed

Second Word:
Intercepter
Fighter
Frigate
Freighter
Striker
Vessel
With Lazerz

Fixed. :laugh:

Well, technically, 'with lazerz' would be the third and fourth words, but yeah, that's the gist of it.

Hahah, tactical miners.

This is rich.

On that note, when I was looking for kick-ass combinations of words, I stumbled across this:

Posted Image

In case you can't read it, it's short for Space Pirate Amazon Ninja Catgirls. Which is just awesome beyond belief.

Whoa.

Enter Cliendori to freak and lock this topic. 😛

@cosmic_nusiance, on Sep 3 2007, 01:24 AM, said in Ship Classification:

Enter Cliendori to freak and lock this topic. 😛

Well, I've already got my ideas (thanks guys!) so she can do what she will. 😄 Besides, there's nothing overtly inappropriate about it aside from slightly skimpy attire. I mean, many of us have a deeper intellectual appreciation for things like katana-wielding long-haired supple space pirate amazon ninja catgirls.

ROTFLOL.