Introduction

Ok great, thanks for the offer, I'll surely keep it in mind 😉

My next batch:
Posted Image

By the way: I'm reformatting the EVN Bible into a nicely formatted PDF file with an index of all the separate attributes. I don't know if any of you are interesetd in it but when it's done, you're free to have it!

This post has been edited by ReinierK : 09 August 2007 - 09:44 AM

@reinierk, on Aug 9 2007, 07:03 AM, said in Introduction:

Ok great, thanks for the offer, I'll surely keep it in mind 😉

My next batch:
Posted Image

By the way: I'm reformatting the EVN Bible into a nicely formatted PDF file with an index of all the separate attributes. I don't know if any of you are interesetd in it but when it's done, you're free to have it!

I like Selt and Hazen. Clover's pretty cool too. How do you do the colors? I can never color them right. How do you do oceans? You should write a tutorial.

This deffinitely looks promising. If you are as good at writing a story as you are creating planet art, then I'd say this looks like it would make a very respectable TC.

If you are as fast at writing story as you are at creating planet art, then I'd say we're actually going to play this.

Haha, I like that last comment 😉 I'm fairly fast in most thing, though my 3D modeling skills are really below average yet, but I'm learning.
Photoshop is just something I 'do' (I'm actually a webdesigner) and goes quickly. Don't get your hopes up too much, I don't want to make false promises.

But yeah, I've already experimented some small things with plug-ins (including adding my planets in a new system and <selfPraiseMode> it looks quite awesome! </selfPraiseMode>)...

@reinierk, on Aug 9 2007, 04:30 PM, said in Introduction:

But yeah, I've already experimented some small things with plug-ins (including adding my planets in a new system and <selfPraiseMode> it looks quite awesome! </selfPraiseMode>)...

Do you have any in-game screenshots you can post?

@reinierk, on Aug 9 2007, 11:03 PM, said in Introduction:

There's a really nice HTML bible here if you're interested. But sure, show us the PDF when you're done 🙂

@Cosmic: Well I could make some, but the only thing you'll see is a very small test stellar system and 2 or 3 of my planets. Maybe I'll post one today.

@Guy: I've seen the HTML one yes, but it looked like it missed some parts from the latest bible (not sure though). Also, working with a PDF is my personal preference, so I'll continue to make it (I think I'm halfway there, excluding getting the typo's out :))

@reinierk, on Aug 10 2007, 07:46 PM, said in Introduction:

I've seen the HTML one yes, but it looked like it missed some parts from the latest bible (not sure though).

True, though I've updated my own copy of it to match the latest.

This I gotta see! (Bible)

Wow, I just saw this, and I have to say, excellent! The planet picts show so much prospect, that I offer my developing skills for your TC (or whatever). I'm half-way decent at writing, and I know my outf resources from my ship resources 😄 Consider it, and shoot me a PM.

edit: Oh, I forgot what I was going to say about the planets while I was looking at them. They're all Terran/Rebel/uninhabited. Make some aliens! I always did love EVO....

This post has been edited by zapp : 16 August 2007 - 09:30 AM

@reinierk, on Aug 8 2007, 09:41 AM, said in Introduction:

Hehe, well spotted! I have to pay tribute in one way or another don't I? 😉 These people created one of the best games, so a little credit must be given 😉

Next batch:
Posted Image

The moon has no atmosphere. Might want to fix.

Unless they've done some slight terraforming or found another way to give it an atmosphere...

Edit: And it's just labled "Moon". Not neccesarily the Moon, just a Moon.

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 16 August 2007 - 09:57 PM

@joshtigerheart, on Aug 16 2007, 10:56 PM, said in Introduction:

Unless they've done some slight terraforming or found another way to give it an atmosphere...

Edit: And it's just labled "Moon". Not neccesarily the Moon, just a Moon.

Hmmm...
After much negotiating, the play stands as called. Everything is fine. You can return to your homes. There is nothing to see here.

I'm starting to realize why so many TC's go down in the wastebin... You can't make a single graphic or people start discussing about how it actually is incorrect and why fuel filters make you jump faster 😄

It's a game, it's not realistic, it isn't supposed to be... If the gameplay is top, then why bother to say that your 6-sided bolts actually wouldn't last long in outer space 😉