~A P O P H I S~

@warlord-mike, on Aug 11 2007, 11:46 AM, said in ~A P O P H I S~:

Jaw drops and hits floor at sight of Cosmic's Title Screen

A little help here?!

It looketh quite awesometh.

is pleased with compliment 😄 Do something to make me mad. My face is hurting from smiling so much.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 11 2007, 11:03 AM, said in ~A P O P H I S~:

Do something to make me mad.

OMG THATS TEH SUXXORZ NUB!!!!!!11111

😛

thanks for all the help, everyone! before I do anything else, I want to finish the map, the planets, all the landing pics, all the ships, and set it up so that I will have a solid ground to start on with the story. as it is, I have a few small questions.

what angle do you render the ships at?

how many rotations do you need?

and how do you make the engine glows?

how do you make textures for wings 3D and what programs should I use? (How do I import them?)

and is there a way to use Terragen to render objects in wings and vica versa? (^and add textures)

thats it. any you can answer would be greatly appreciated.

I remember that earlier I promised to post an excerpt. I am not goint to post the continued story becouse it is also meant to be promarily, a mystery. so here is an conversation between the Apophis commander and his crew.

"I said take no prisoners!" the Captain said angrily. "Did you not listen!"
"I see no reason why we should slaughter the humans like animals" the marine replied, terrified, but standing his ground. The captain spluttered in rage and exploded, "because we are at WAR! That is a good enough reason for me." At this the Captains second in command looked up from the table at which they sat.
"Do not forget the reason we are at war, captain," he stated blandly.
"I do not forget, I never forget."The captain spat. "There are some, some Grazdni, that suggest that we Join with this creature."
the youngest of the group Shifted slightly. "Well maybe we should..."
The Captain crossed the room in 3 strides and slammend his hand on the table in front of him. "They do not care for us!"He growled. "They care for NOTHING!!! they see a universe that is not theirs and it TORTURES them!! They will not rest untill they capture what they think rightfully belongs to them. they cannot be reasoned with, they cannot be allied with." the captain leaned down so his face was an inch from the cowering soldier. "And to say so is Treason!!!
With that, the captain stalked out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

The captain stalked through the hall in a red haze. "Take us to Gr'hadre Zĺ." he snapped at a passing corporal.
"What of the human?" he replied. the captain stopped.
"Take him to the sickbay so as to treat his wounds. then find him a room where he is comfortable. We will deal with him when we get to Gr'hadre Zĺ."

That's it for now. If you think it's confusing, thats because it is 😛 What do you think?

P.S. Grazdni is a very bad think to call someone. (Kinda like coward, but more severe.)

@yamfries, on Aug 12 2007, 11:46 AM, said in ~A P O P H I S~:

"I said take no prisoners!" the Captain said angrily. "Did you not listen!"
"I see no reason why we should slaughter the humans like animals" the marine replied, terrified, but standing his ground. The captain spluttered in rage and exploded, "because we are at WAR! That is a good enough reason for me." At this the Captains second in command looked up from the table at which they sat.
"Do not forget the reason we are at war, captain," he stated blandly.
"I do not forget, I never forget."The captain spat. "There are some, some Grazdni, that suggest that we Join with this creature."
the youngest of the group Shifted slightly. "Well maybe we should..."
The Captain crossed the room in 3 strides and slammend his hand on the table in front of him. "They do not care for us!"He growled. "They care for NOTHING!!! they see a universe that is not theirs and it TORTURES them!! They will not rest untill they capture what they think rightfully belongs to them. they cannot be reasoned with, they cannot be allied with." the captain leaned down so his face was an inch from the cowering soldier. "And to say so is Treason!!!
With that, the captain stalked out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

The captain stalked through the hall in a red haze. "Take us to Gr'hadre Zĺ." he snapped at a passing corporal.
"What of the human?" he replied. the captain stopped.
"Take him to the sickbay so as to treat his wounds. then find him a room where he is comfortable. We will deal with him when we get to Gr'hadre Zĺ."
That's it for now. If you think it's confusing, thats because it is 😛 What do you think?

P.S. Grazdni is a very bad think to call someone. (Kinda like coward, but more severe.)

Wow. If the whole story is going to be that well written then this is going to be good.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 13 2007, 11:52 AM, said in ~A P O P H I S~:

Wow. If the whole story is going to be that well written then this is going to be good.

😄

for those of you you have seen my profile, I am writing a Sci-fi book, which I've postponed for the present, but that means I have a bit of expirience with writing. I'll also be composing all new intro music for it.

of course, I am not one to brag. 😛

To be blunt, I've read much better. Hopefully your plug isn't going have that bad of grammar and sentence structure all the way through.

No offense meant, but I've learned when it comes to writing, sugar-coated criticism isn't helpful.

I'm going to agree with Josh. Sure, it's intense, but intensity alone isn't enough to make a driving story. It was just laden with too many clichés and stock characters/situations that we've all seen before.

I'm sure it will be touched up quite a bit before release. And that insult is actually pretty cool too

Maybe not the best, but I like it.

Well. I haven't looked at this before since by the time I first saw it there were so many posts that I didn't really feel like reading them all, but I regress. Anyway, what I think. We've all seen this story a gazillion times, but I think that its a classic. If you can add something new that is totally your own, then that would be a great help. Something to set it apart. Now, as for the bit of story there, I'd say its alright (I especially like the racist cap'n and the low-rank who questions him) but there's always room for improvement.