Help with an idea...

Home world base

Hello all. This will be my second topic, seeing as I aleady have one on a different topic. Well heres my thought; I want to create a homeworld planet Plugin that would give the player access to exotic weapons at a cheaper cost. Possibly a few other things too. But again I'll restate the obviouse, I'm still new to plugin devlopment. So im cursed with a million ideas and no way to execute them.. thanks all! Nova Rocks

@ronin4114, on Aug 8 2007, 12:49 PM, said in Help with an idea...:

Hello all. This will be my second topic, seeing as I aleady have one on a different topic. Well heres my thought; I want to create a homeworld planet Plugin that would give the player access to exotic weapons at a cheaper cost. Possibly a few other things too. But again I'll restate the obviouse, I'm still new to plugin devlopment. So im cursed with a million ideas and no way to execute them.. thanks all! Nova Rocks

Well, one thing that you could do is set the special tech of the planet to a tech level that has all of the outfits you want. What this means is that the tech level could be, say, 5 and not have very much for sale, but you could have a few Ultra Exotic™ outfits and ships that have a unique tech level. Instead of this being the planet's tech level, e.g. that level and below, you can set it as the special tech, so it will have, say, 5 and below, but ALSO have the outfits from the special tech level.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 8 2007, 08:57 AM, said in Help with an idea...:

Well, one thing that you could do is set the special tech of the planet to a tech level that has all of the outfits you want. What this means is that the tech level could be, say, 5 and not have very much for sale, but you could have a few Ultra Exotic™ outfits and ships that have a unique tech level. Instead of this being the planet's tech level, e.g. that level and below, you can set it as the special tech, so it will have, say, 5 and below, but ALSO have the outfits from the special tech level.

Not to sound completely ignorant but where should I start? Is there a way to replace an exsisting planet? I dont want to change the storyline planets but just add one...

If you look at the list of planets, they all have unique ID numbers. You want one with a unique one that doesn't conflict with the existing ones, e.g. replace it. You will need to add it to a system, so you'll need to make a new system too (if that's what you want-- you can use a copy of an existing one and put the planet in there).

This might help.

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 08 August 2007 - 12:10 PM

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 8 2007, 09:06 AM, said in Help with an idea...:

If you look at the list of planets, they all have unique ID numbers. You want one with a unique one that doesn't conflict with the existing ones, e.g. replace it. You will need to add it to a system, so you'll need to make a new system too (if that's what you want-- you can use a copy of an existing one and put the planet in there).

This might help.

"This requires a bit more work. Your planet must have a number of features. First, and most importantly, it must be inside a system (the spöb resource needs to list the s˙st resource ID in the System field, and the s˙st resource must have the spöb ID number in one of the NavDef fields); right away, this requires you to edit or create a s˙st resource.
" ~from basic planet guide

wow step one seems have thrown me for a loop. I'm using MC to create my plug but i dont know how to link the spob and the syst.. it should be straight forward, but I'm still trying to grasp that learning curve.

@ronin4114, on Aug 8 2007, 01:38 PM, said in Help with an idea...:

"This requires a bit more work. Your planet must have a number of features. First, and most importantly, it must be inside a system (the spöb resource needs to list the s˙st resource ID in the System field, and the s˙st resource must have the spöb ID number in one of the NavDef fields); right away, this requires you to edit or create a s˙st resource.
" ~from basic planet guide

wow step one seems have thrown me for a loop. I'm using MC to create my plug but i dont know how to link the spob and the syst.. it should be straight forward, but I'm still trying to grasp that learning curve.

Under the system panel, there should be a button that says add planet or something. Select one of the numbers in the top right and press the add planet button. You can add an existing planet or create a new one from nside the system editor.