Un-domination of stellars?

Via mďsns

So, I've run into a little problem in the plug I'm working on. Without giving too much away, it takes place after the Fed string and a few… changes in the galactic order take place throughout it. One of these includes the release of all spöbs under the player's dominion. However, from what I know, that's impossible.

I had the thought that perhaps I could make alternate copies of the systems that are likely to be dominated by this point (the 4 non-Moashi Auroran capital worlds) and just have them replace the original systems at the appropriate time. Is this viable? And is there any easier way?

As a little status update for anyone who's interested, all the ships are in, all the outfits and weapons are in, and all of the "allocate funds" missions are coded in. That was really the biggest consumption of time for me, as the branching possibilities were really a pain.

Anyways, once more unto the breach with me! :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Archon : 09 July 2007 - 01:41 PM

I'm just going to go ahead and assume that 40 views and no replies means "no, you can't."

(Sorry for 2x posting, just wanted to bump it up one more time on the chance that some kind plug-in master takes pity). 🙂

I'm no expert, but as far as I know, your method with swapping out the Spobs is the only way to do it. Or, you could set up the storyline so that there's a reason that some spobs get swapped out, but not others.

Would it work if you used Yxxx and Uxxx to instantly destroy and then regenerate the planet(s)? I don't know if destroying a planet releases it from domination, but it's worth trying. Just test it on one spob first to make sure it works, before you go and implement it into the whole universe.

Hmm, now that's an intriguing concept. I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

Huh, that's an interesting idea. Do let us know if it works.