First public alpha of MissionComputer 4.0

@guy, on Jun 15 2007, 06:08 PM, said in First public alpha of MissionComputer 4.0:

Ah, that's probably why. There isn't really such thing as '100% version' of a nebu pict, there's merely between 1 and 7 sizes of the pict and Nova will decide which one is best (rather poorly, I might add) based on the size of the picts and the size it should be at the current zoom level.

I define the 100% version of the nebula picture as the one where one pixel is equivalent to one of the units used when placing systems.

I'm not sure but I noticed that in the "Open Recent" menu item, the files are listed in alphabetical order. Was that implemented in this beta? Cause I think the most recent should be listed on top.

@coraxus, on Jun 16 2007, 01:37 PM, said in First public alpha of MissionComputer 4.0:

I'm not sure but I noticed that in the "Open Recent" menu item, the files are listed in alphabetical order. Was that implemented in this beta? Cause I think the most recent should be listed on top.

In 3.3.3 they’re in chronological order, but it was pointed out to me that it’s generally easier to use if they’re in alphabetical order, since people don’t necessarily remember the exact order they used the files in; if you look at the Recent Items submenu of the Apple menu, you’ll see that it’s in alphabetical order.

And it took a surprising amount of effort to make it use alphabetical order, so I’m not putting it back. 🙂

Okay, just noticed this really annoying thing: Whenever I close an RLE, the RLE browser scrolls to the very top for a second and then back down again, making sure to put the current selection at the top of the view area. Can't it just stay where it is? :huh:

@guy, on Jun 20 2007, 06:31 AM, said in First public alpha of MissionComputer 4.0:

Okay, just noticed this really annoying thing: Whenever I close an RLE, the RLE browser scrolls to the very top for a second and then back down again, making sure to put the current selection at the top of the view area. Can't it just stay where it is? :huh:

That’s left over from the modal version of the resource editor — I’ve improved this for a2 (coming, hopefully, soon).