Nearly ready for beta!

After a long time.

As some of you might remember, I was working on a plug that would add a bunch of new weapons to Nova. Although I didn't announce it, I decided to scrap the idea because school was eating up my development time. I am back to work on it, and I am nearly ready for beta. This is a list of the weapons that are currently finished and bug free (although there are several more coming):

High Explosives - shoots out a dumb fire bomb that does a lot of damage but fires slowly
Anti-Fighter Laser - point defense beam
Piranha Missile - shoots one missile that splits into a ton of small missiles
Telsa Coil - shoots a straight beam that does high damage and ionizes but takes a lot of energy
Defense Bay - bay that holds droids equipped with anti fighter lasers and light missiles
Etheric Laser - laser that does light damage and drains fuel but can fire while cloaked
400/600/800mm Coilgun - huge damae, but fires slowly. Looks like a railgun, only red
Ion Missile - small version of the EMP Torpedo
Nanites - now you can buy them
Light/Medium/Heavy lasers - just a regular beam here
Assault Bay - bay that holds assault droids. These are equipped with light lasers and ion missiles. They also add %chance to capture
Antimatter Missile - massive missile that pretty much blows up half the the system. Launcher weighs 60 toms, missles 20 each. Max is 3.
Fusion Blast Dispersion Device - fires a ton of FPC shots in a wide spread. Emulates a flamethrower
Stealth Missile - missile that can be fired while cloaked and can't be targeted by point defense.
Drop Missile - Drops a missile out of your ship that then flies off at your target and does a large amount of damage
Reaper Missile - missile that goes through shields
Hypercore - lets you multijump (x4), tunneling organ ability, and can be used as a weapon that does no damage but ionizes the entire area (this needs a full fuel bar to fire)
Hammer of Dusk - fires a HUGE laser looking projectile that does a ton of damage, but slow
Tractor Beam - nothing unique here =(
Electric Hull - makes the area around your ship do damage
Flak Cannon - fires like the chainguns, but is explosive
Gauss Rifle - slow firing, long range gun
Repulsor Cannon - fires shots with a huge impact that pushes things away

---In the works---
Hunter-Killer Missile - Can track cloaked targets
Heavy Bays - bays that can hold one or two starbridge sized ships
Particle Cannon - rapid fire shotgun like weapon
More that I can't think of at the moment

I would love suggestions for this. If there's anything you want to see in here, feel free to say.

Sounds like good times to me 🙂

Good to hear from you, Kaoz. I've been dying to try out those Antimatter Missiles you talked about.

There's still a great many bugs with Terek's PlugPack 17, so as soon as this is released, I'm dl'ing it.

Once again, good to see you again. 🆒

I'll note that in order to have a missile that can track cloaked targets, the player will need to himself be able to select cloaked ships.

Unless you use Eugene's cloak hunter trick 😉

Ahh, Eugene's cloak hunter trick. A woderful feature of Nova. Just one question when implementing it: do the submunitions need to be 35 diferent weap resources, or just one and a submunition, or just the original, that makes a copy of itself?

It should sub into itself and only make one submunition. Unless you are making a multi-missile that cloak hunts. In that case you need one that you fire that subs into multiples of another. The second one subs into itself until it hits, making only one new missile per sub.

Ok the Antimatter Missile has been revised. It no longer blows up the entire system, because that makes it too hard to use. Now the blast radius is decreased. It's still a bit difficult to use, however. If you are around the edges of the explosion, you are still going to die. Also, I added a very cool explosion sprite for it. I will post a pic as soon as I can get one before I die.

Here's a pic of what an antimatter missile does. As you can see, my Kestral was obliterated along with the unfortunate Wild Geese due to me not being EXTREEMLY careful. Posted Image

Why is it so many people write "Kestrel" with an "a" instead of the second "e"?

Nice explosion.

@pace, on May 21 2007, 01:12 AM, said in Nearly ready for beta!:

Why is it so many people write "Kestrel" with an "a" instead of the second "e"?

That hurts my brains.

I agree, cool explosion.

@--kaoz--, on May 20 2007, 07:12 PM, said in Nearly ready for beta!:

<Antimatter Explosion>

That's EXACTLY the kind of thing I was expecting to see from that brute. Well done, Kaoz!

And as the other two have said, nice splodeyness. 🆒

Sounds neat. Looks neat. Tastes yummy.

Ya know, I actualy flipped a coin for the spelling of Kestrel? I guess I'm not a lucky sort of person 😞 Anyway, just finished another weapon: Cannister Rifle, aka space shotgun.

Again, I know I'm being picky, Kaoz, but "Canister" is spelled with one "n," not 2.

Based off of mid 1800's canister shot I presume?

Doubled posted...

This post has been edited by Mr. Wigs : 22 May 2007 - 03:53 AM

How about an RPG who propellent fizzles out after bit and just ends up being a mine?

Again, I know I'm being picky, Kaoz, but "Canister" is spelled with one "n," not 2.

I appreciate it. Better to know that my mistakes are being caught now rather than the release.

How did you make that explosion? We could use something like that in Stargate Nova! That would be perfect for the Horizon Munitions Delivery System, just a little smaller and a different color perhaps.