STN: The Final Frontier TC

Next issue of the newsletter will feature some screenshots for the teaser.

Here is a small thumbnail of a screenshot.
Posted Image

The February issue Newsletter progress update is out.

Let me know if you did not receive it.

I love Star Trek. I've seen all Voyager and Enterprise, and the only reason I haven't seen more is they were all before my time (DS9 came out right when I was born, maybe a li'l before). I'm all for it, where's the teaser? And please don't give another link to the newsletter, I signed up for it and it looks real cool.

P.S. I count 8 links to the newsletter within the last 10 posts, not including your sig. 😄

The Newsletters <-- Another link to the newsletter (9 of 11 posts now) 😉 -- contain the progress log for the teaser, which has not been released yet.

It's easier for me to keep people updated on our progress of the TC and the teaser via the Newsletter rather than the forum. So you would get notified automatically via the newsletter. Not to worry.

Well, I finally brought myself to try out the Borg Cube. Posted Image

That ship can really Posted Image You.

Instead of telling ya'll how awesome it was, I'm going to actually give ya a sneak peak.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

As usual, more will be shown in the next newsletter.

(EDIT) Oh, yeah, one more thing:
I don't want to hear any "Hey, that ship is loaded out with the wrong weapon...", or "The description on the Galaxy class is wrong". I already know, we are working on the that, including the weapons and outfits as we speak... er... type. But I wanted to give you a preview anyways.(/EDIT)

Dude, that is crazy 🙂

Okay, quick update... we need some help deciding on a map for our TC.
Click Here to vote: http://www.ambrosias...howtopic=103280

Here is an update for you guys,
I just had a computer crash and lost all my files/meshes/textures/workfiles and plugins.
The time it takes to restore a computer and getting everything loaded back onto my computer may delay the Teaser being released.

Hopefully I have a backup. That would be a lot of work wasted if I did not... I think I backed it up somewhere.

This post has been edited by Highway of Life : 01 April 2006 - 12:18 AM

@highway-of-life, on Mar 31 2006, 09:18 PM, said in STN: The Final Frontier TC:

Here is an update for you guys,
I just had a computer crash and lost all my files/meshes/textures/workfiles and plugins.
The time it takes to restore a computer and getting everything loaded back onto my computer may delay the Teaser being released.

Hopefully I have a backup. That would be a lot of work wasted if I did not... I think I backed it up somewhere.

Is this some crappy kind of April Fool's joke? I friggin' hate April Fool's...

@kingside_bishop, on Apr 2 2006, 09:17 AM, said in STN: The Final Frontier TC:

Is this some crappy kind of April Fool's joke? I friggin' hate April Fool's...

Yeah. One of the ones on /. almost tricked me. It was something about ArsTechnica getting hold of a new game and reviewing it. Then I saw the title of the game, and I realized it was a joke: Duke Nukem Forever.

Hello Everyone,

STN:TFF Total Conversion Cancelled, Dang...

I'm very, very sorry to say, I never saw the topic with all those questions about if this was really an April fools joke or not.
I apologize to everyone.

I just found that topic a few minutes ago by doing a search on google for "STN TFF". I was alarmed to see this topic come up number 1 on the search results.

And I'm happy to report: It was all a big elaborate setup.
The Total Conversion moves on...
We (the development team) planned on coming clean on April 3rd with a special small plugin for everyone.
But certain un avoidable delays have caused a... well... a delay.
Had I known there were so many worried people, I would have made sure we got something out on the third.
Until April 10th when we were finally able to submit it to the Ambrosia Add-ons. Which then would have to wait until it was approved and put up before we could send out the Newsletter saying: Yo! this was an April Fools joke!
But the plug has not appeared on the Add-ons page ( PIPELINE, Please Contact me!!! ).
So I have built my own downloads section, as well as made some new changes to the space page, adding a gallery as well.

You can visit all those here:
STN: The Final Frontier Home
STN: TFF plugin / addon downloads
Screenshots and Photo Gallery

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via Email, PM or the contact form.

Thanks,
- Highway of Life

P.S. I just sent out the Newsletter

Sorry. :huh:

This post has been edited by Swithich : 17 April 2006 - 10:05 PM

yeh... I've not yet seen an April Fool gag of this nature that's been received well or indeed; as it was intended. Let this be a lesson to the community at large; don't ever do project related April Fool jokes. They aren't clever, they aren't funny, and they always back-fire.

Actually, it worked better than predicted!
What's the point of an April Fools joke anyways? To fool someone. To pull a prank. College students know better than anyone what I'm talking about, that's what makes it fun. Harsh yes, but fun. And I was preparred for for the responses I would get, and knew that some would not take it too well. But I was not prepared for a thread to go on for several days past the joke without my knowing.

The bad part was that we waited so long to tell everyone that it was an April Fools joke via the Newsletter.
We had announced it on the EV-Nova.net boards, but had not mentioned it here, and I had seen the thread that went on so long without anybody really knowing for sure.

This post has been edited by Highway of Life : 18 April 2006 - 03:55 AM

Hey Everyone!

I'm just posting a quick update, sorry for the lack of presence since April, the summer, fall and now winter have been very good to me, unfortunately, this means that it has also made me VERY busy, however, I do have an update for everyone, and also a reason as to why you have not seen a Newsletter in a while, anyways, I don't have any more time to talk, but the latest info is on the STN:TFF forums: http://startrekguide....php?f=33&t=476

I'll keep everyone updated...
later!
- Highway

Hi Everyone,

Most of you probably thought this was Vaperware...
It’s not. 🙂

JCC is back from school, he could hardly do anything since last summer.
I’ve been so busy programming, I’ve hardly had a chance to think.

Anyways, we are looking for at least one more graphics person... preferably someone who would be willing or has the ability to do 3D ship renderings -- This has proved to be our weakest point since the unexpected departure of FunkMaster over 2 years ago.

Let me know if you are interested in helping out.
Thanks!
- Highway