rleD import problem

I'm trying to import a sprite for a gun in the plug I'm working on, but when I open the file, it only loads the first of three pages of the sprite. This, needles to say, is very annoying. I know that the X and Y grid settings are right. This is really annoying. Please help!

Can you be more specific? What program are you using? How big is the sprite? What do you mean by three "pages" in regards to a weapon sprite?

Ok, I worte that post when I was half asleep:P I'm using EVNEW. The sprite I am trying to import is a 50.8kb PNG file. In EVNEW when you import a sprite, if it is too large to fit reasonably in the window EVNEW makes extra "pages" of the sprite. For some reason, only the first page will appear, which is only a quarter of the sprite. Needless to say, it causes problems. I edited an existing sprite from Nova using GIMP.

Also, how do you make your own PICTs in EVNEW?

This post has been edited by .:KaoZ:. : 23 March 2007 - 03:09 PM

{edited because of incorrect information}

As for pict resources, just make an image in The GIMP or whatever and use the import function in the pict resource to bring it in.

This post has been edited by Ant'Iglias II : 31 March 2007 - 09:44 AM

As for pict resources, just make an image in The GIMP or whatever and use the import function in the pict resource to bring it in.

See, that's the problem. I can't find the import function.

Make a new PICT resource and open it, then go under File and Import in the PICT menu.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Ant'Iglias II : 25 March 2007 - 08:25 PM

Thanks. Funny, I didn't have the File menu before. Reinstalled EVNEW and it worked, though.

Any help on the rleD problem? I don't see why it doesn't work. I just ripped a weapon sprite out of nova, and changed the color. I also copied the settigns exactly. I don't understand why it won't work.

This post has been edited by .:KaoZ:. : 29 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

What weapon sprite is it? I might be able to replicate the problem if I know what one you are trying to modify.

I'm working with the sprite for one of the big railguns (either 200 or 400, I think. The resID is 234). All I did was tint it red and darker using GIMP.

I managed to replicate the problem and found the solution. You have to count the number of X and Y frames the image has in The GIMP (in this case X=6, Y= 11) and put those values in the X and Y fields. Apparently the X and Y fields tell EVNEW how to break the image down into a sprite and don't have anything to do with how the sprite is displayed.

This post has been edited by Ant'Iglias II : 29 March 2007 - 09:35 PM

Thanks a ton, Ant'Iglias. Works perfect now. 😄

No problem. I found out that if you view the original graphic in EVNEW and then go to File>Export it gives you the X and Y values you need when you go to import the graphic back in.