Vaporware?

Been gone awhile, and wondering...

Hey, I've been out of it for about six months, and was wondering: what's going on with Starfleet Adventures and Final Frontier? They looked great -- I've got the teasers for the both of them -- but I can't seem to find anything about them, and UncleTwitchy's sig links aren't working, anymore.

Say it istn't so? And mean it?

Uncle Twitchy dropped the project, but Dr. Trowel and others picked it back up. I'm not sure about Final Frontier.

Rama, your current avatar and sig really clash. Gonna "cast aside" your own "arm," there? 🙂

For the status of both SFA and TFF, look to the EV-Nova.net Plug-ins Forum.

Also, SFA's website is back up at this address, though we haven't done much to update it lately.

And, though he's decided to no longer deal with webboard conversations himself, we're very glad to say that UT is still helping out with SFA. He's just not flying solo anymore.

@dr--trowel, on Mar 4 2007, 09:32 AM, said in Vaporware?:

Rama, your current avatar and sig really clash. Gonna "cast aside" your own "arm," there? 🙂

Irony is my middle name? 😛

SFA is under development. If you want a chance to download an alpha of it, you can go to this topic on ev-nova.net and see if there are any officer dëscs that still need writing and maybe have a go at them. Star Trek knowledge from the classic Star Trek through to movie era a plus.

Yay for the topic ID!

chuckles

For The Final Frontier, check StarTrekGuide.com

@prophile, on Mar 5 2007, 02:40 PM, said in Vaporware?:

Yay for the topic ID!

I was totally going to spam this topic by mentioning the topic ID. Yay.

?? Am I missing something here? Does that particular topic ID have some sort of meaning?

It's 111111. Just a fun number, I presume. 🙂

Oh this topic. For some reason I thought it was referring to the topic Josh linked to or something like that :rolleyes:. Yeah this is a good topic 🙂

Random bump.

If anyone is concerned, KFL for the Nova engine is essentially dead. There are too many conflicts between what is presented in-game and what I consider the novels' cannon for me to reconsile without more time spent rewriting far too many descs for me to consider finishing it. Considering that there are descs over four years old in there and the novel is at worst two, there is a lot more to fix then I care to. For what it is worth I'm poking around with reworking it into a more modern form with the features that the EV3 engine lacks- planetary surface exploration, for one, and a to=scale galaxy for another, using a different engine. As it stands now there are too many planets at wierd locations that the average player would never encounter, such as -4000 3200 and the like which I considered to be nececerry to the plot of the game, which is inconvenient for the players. Plus with the criticism that I have heard of ARPIA2 having too much plot and not enough 'action', people would have hated KFL anyway.

Sorry to hear that.

@rmx256, on Mar 14 2007, 03:29 PM, said in Vaporware?:

Plus with the criticism that I have heard of ARPIA2 having too much plot and not enough 'action', people would have hated KFL anyway.

They must've been smoking something. That's kinda the same as EV Nova.

All the best for your novel(s), Rik 🙂
Haven't spoken for a while, but I'm sure we'll manage again some time 😛