SHĺN Problems (Mac)

Can't get it to work...

I don't know exactly what the problem is, but I'm having trouble getting my ship to rotate correctly. It's not messed up looking as much as the order of the sprites shown is having problems.

The actual picture is 16x2, 190 pixels per frame. Ironicly, While I load Nova, it says "Picture too small" :blink:

It rotates clockwise, left to right, top to bottom, so I know that's not the problem. Of course, I developed the whole thing using photshop and Resedit so... that might be part of the problem (I doubt it). This is my first attempt to make a ship (besides a UFO) in Nova, and I wanted to know if anyone out there knows what I'm doing wrong...

This post has been edited by Snaily : 26 February 2007 - 12:19 PM

can you post what youve done so frar?

Well, I used PiCT, Spin, and SHĺN resorces to develop the graphics for the ship.

The image is 16x2, 190 pixels per frame

There are no weapon, alt, etc. sprites. Only the base.

The mask and base image are fine, the only thing wrong is the rotation sequence, and the loading error (probably related to the rotate sequence).

Here's exactly what it does:

It rotates from the 12 o clock position to the 3 o clock, dissapears for 8 frames, appears at the 6 o clock and goes to the 9 o clock, dissapears, restarts...

It's got me.

Can you zip and post the plug-in?

I'll try to post it.. the past plugins I tried to attach had problems, so sit tight... I'll try to pull this off.

I haven't tried doing too much, extept for changing the ship scale a little to see if that was the problem (it isn't). Other than that, nothing.

How many frames are there? What are the dimensions of the individual frames in pixels? What are the dimensions of all the frames combined in pixels? And could you zip the plug-in and post it on these boards as an attachment? It has to be under 100 kilobytes in order for the boards to accept it.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 26 February 2007 - 12:46 PM

Yeah it's too big to attach... Ah well.

Full size: 6080
Frame size: 190
x frames: 16
y frames: 2

so 16x2

No no no no... I want the x and y dimensions! 6080 pixels is not enough info for me, is that 1 by 6080 pixels? 2 by 3040 pixels? What is it? And I want them in pixels, not frames!

If you have any random Ideas post em, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...

3040 by 380, so 16 x 2

Two rows, 16 columns.

Double post...

This post has been edited by Snaily : 26 February 2007 - 01:01 PM

Here's a pict of the layout (the gradient isn't visible, it just makes it look better ingame)

(attachment=3176:S1_Havoc_2.jpg)

Alright, good! That's exactly what I wanted! 😄 As far as I can see it should work perfectly...

Yet it doesn't...

Could you post the plug-in without any picts in it? That should make it much smaller.

Son of a gun, I fouund the problem!

I had a copy of a plug in there that messed things up!

Well, Guess I'm all set now, but If I have any more problems i'll post.

Next step: engines!

Dun dun dun