Shipyard movies

I wonder if anyone has tried out this feature? I did, and it worked fine under OSX. But when I convert my plugin to a Windows .rez file and try it under Windows then Nova will consistently crash each time I select the ship in the shipyard. On my PC I'm running Windows XP with Quicktime 6.5.2 and I'm using EV Nova 1.0.10. If this is a bug in WinNova, is there any chance it will be fixed?

Upgrade your Quicktime under XP to version 7.1.whatever. That may fix your problem.

OK, I upgraded to Quicktime 7.1, but unfortunately that did not solve the problem. Nova still crashes in exactly the same way.

What file/video/audio formats did you use? Does it have the correct extension?

@guy, on Sep 11 2006, 12:40 AM, said in Shipyard movies:

What file/video/audio formats did you use? Does it have the correct extension?

The movie is a Quicktime movie. The video track is encoded with the Cinepak codec and it has no audio track. I tried it with and without the .mov extension. It didn't matter.
I also tried to play the movie with Movieplayer and that worked, so Quicktime for Windows is able to correctly play the movie.

It's entirely possible shipyard movies don't work on win Nova. I have tried them myself on OS X but I wouldn't be surprised if no one has ever tried it on windows before. What are the dimensions?

Oh BTW, welcome to the boards 🙂

This post has been edited by Guy : 10 September 2006 - 07:28 PM