spöb overlapping

I am trying to position a station above a planet. This just
doesnt work though. I have tried switching the spöb
numbers around in the system resource which used to
be the deciding factor but it doesnt work now.
I was wondering what makes one spöb show up infront of
another.

I'm wrong! See below.

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 16 August 2006 - 06:49 PM

@rmx256, on Aug 16 2006, 09:51 AM, said in spöb overlapping:

Someone throw up a ResEdit jack-in-the-box against a spotlight and summon Edwards to confirm or shoot this down...

I would think it would be a Hawk.

From what I've heard, it's based on spöb RID, with lower-numbered spobs appearing on top. I have not tested thi myself, though- I got this from Dr. Trowel.

Edwards

I'm wrong!

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 16 August 2006 - 06:48 PM

Well, that's in MC. It doesn't necessarily reflect Nova's behavior...

Okay, lower RIDs definitely do not go on top. Boral I has a higer ID than Fermia.

...and a quick test shows that higher RIDs go on top. For some reason, everyone seems to think lower = graphics layer priority. You're all crazy. That makes no sense whatsoever. The value and priority are always directly proportional, because that makes sense and has been demonstrated. There's a reason you always show up under the targeting brackets. They sure as hell weren't made first.

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 16 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

&nbsp

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 16 August 2006 - 06:48 PM

@orcaloverbri9, on Aug 16 2006, 04:10 PM, said in spöb overlapping:

...and a quick test shows that higher RIDs go on top. For some reason, everyone seems to think lower = graphics layer priority. You're all crazy. That makes no sense whatsoever.

I know, I'm just paraphrasing a clipping I got out of one of Dr. Trowel's post. Higher IDs on top makes much more sense, and it matches what I found with weapon sprites when I created the Rotating Turrets.

Edwards

I have been totally wrong, and here is the proof: I'm sorry if I've disuaded anyone and I humbly repent.

Posted Image

Man, your graphics are so cool 🙂
Except your moon is a little rough around the edges 😛

This post has been edited by Guy : 16 August 2006 - 07:34 PM

blushes

I didn't do select color range (black)—invert—expand by one pixel—fill (white 100%)— deselect on my version "two" spob image masks, explains that. Sorry, thanks for pointing that out (I hadn't noticed), it will be put on the to-do list somewhere after "Finish Total Conversion" and before "Get on with the rest of life."

Alright that helps a lot.
Thank you.

Oh and I agree with Guy, those are wonderful graphics.