Person needed to convert .mov ship spins

You can have the spin (Nevermind)

Hey guys,
I'm creating various 3d ships and i'm going to render the spin into a .mov file, and i was wondering if anyone would like to convert them into a pict based sprite. As payment for your work, you can use the sprites too. 😄 Now I've only rendered one so far and another is in progress, it will be some time before i have several ships needed to be converted. So im just posting this ahead of schedule, to see if my effort is really worth it. 😉

Later,
Chronodrago

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 21 August 2006 - 08:42 PM

Are you on Mac? If so, get m2s from here.

By the way, your sig sucks. Mass does not take up space, and Loose Change is a load of BS. The only thing that saves it is the awesome red square game.

@orcaloverbri9, on Aug 6 2006, 05:44 PM, said in Person needed to convert .mov ship spins:

By the way, your sig sucks. Mass does not take up space, and Loose Change is a load of BS. The only thing that saves it is the awesome red square game.

:rolleyes:

And yours, orca? It features a website that doesn't even work 😛

@pace, on Aug 6 2006, 12:23 PM, said in Person needed to convert .mov ship spins:

:rolleyes:

And yours, orca? It features a website that doesn't even work 😛

No it doesn't. 🙂

😄

Masamune said:

If you've checked the site at all for the last week, you know it's been down. I've been moving, as I mentioned. I just finally got the servers back in place and hooked up. So, we're back in business!

Might have known

@orcaloverbri9, on Aug 6 2006, 08:44 AM, said in Person needed to convert .mov ship spins:

Are you on Mac? If so, get m2s from here.

I'm on Windows, why else would i post this? :huh:

And name one thing that has mass but doesnt take up space...

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 08 August 2006 - 01:40 PM

Could we all use the sprites? i"m working on a plugin, and could use a hand.

By the way, a black whole is supposedley infinitely small and infinitley massive, so it has mass but occupys no space.

This post has been edited by Phoebus Xebdaz : 12 August 2006 - 06:55 PM

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Aug 12 2006, 04:53 PM, said in Person needed to convert .mov ship spins:

Could we all use the sprites? i"m working on a plugin, and could use a hand.

Ya everyone can use them, I just need some one to send me a copy of the sprite since I can't convert a .mov into one. No ones made one for windows yet... <_< Also, the .mov isnt exactly ready, although i have a few ships done, the hard drive crashed :mad: ....so i only have the saved files. So it may be some time since school is coming up. I'm going to estimate that in about 2 - 4 weeks, the files will be ready. 🙂

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Aug 12 2006, 04:53 PM, said in Person needed to convert .mov ship spins:

By the way, a black whole is supposedley infinitely small and infinitley massive, so it has mass but occupys no space.

AHAH! You win! :laugh: You deserve a pat on the back. My signiture only pertains too EVNova and a blackhole weapon has never existed in the game.....until i made one. 😄

@chronodrago, on Aug 7 2006, 10:15 PM, said in Person needed to convert .mov ship spins:

And name one thing that has mass but doesnt take up space...

The fact that something that has mass also takes up space does not mean that mass in and of itself takes up space. In addition, I said there was no correlation between the two; so long as the object has both, either value could be anything (theoretically speaking). A tiny object could have more mass than a planet, and something the size of a supernova could have less mass than a tiny bit of air. Mass does not take up space. Objects take up space. Objects also have mass, but the two values are in no way correlated.

Orca is right. The amount of mass an object possesses is simply a unit of measurement, quite the same as meters or kilograms. Saying that mass takes up space is like saying height or distance take up space. In other words:
"The mass of an object is not dependent on gravity and therefore is different from but proportional to its weight."

Incidentally, I can convert your .mov files into .picts.

Well, now that we've finished picking chronodrago's first point to shreds, the second line is also a logical fallacy. Besides the fact that space isn't full of nothing (and nor is it empty of something), even if it were, you couldn't then say that because of that, space is nothing. To quote the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galalxy, space is big. I mean, you may think it's a long way to the corner shop, but that's just peanuts to space.

That said, to use chronodrago's own logic, chronodrago takes up space, space is nothing, therefore chronodrago is nothing. So what are we talking to, then? 😛

@belthazar, on Aug 13 2006, 12:49 AM, said in Person needed to convert .mov ship spins:

Well, now that we've finished picking chronodrago's first point to shreds, the second line is also a logical fallacy. Besides the fact that space isn't full of nothing (and nor is it empty of something), even if it were, you couldn't then say that because of that, space is nothing. To quote the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galalxy, space is big. I mean, you may think it's a long way to the corner shop, but that's just peanuts to space.

Well, it's not even remotely funny if the basis is false. It's like a knock-knock joke without someone knocking on the door.

@corndog, on Aug 12 2006, 09:28 PM, said in Person needed to convert .mov ship spins:

Incidentally, I can convert your .mov files into .picts.

Sweet, my hard drive is almost fixed so still expect 2 weeks. 😄

Sweet mother of all that is good and holy, I've figured it out.

SpinApp was capable of doing it all along! All you have to do is save your animation as sequenced jpeg, gif, or png files, then open SpinApp and locate them. Select all of the images at one time before hitting open and it will work. If you want a different format than the one that it spits out you can sopy and paste into any image editor and save as any format.

Now you don't need a Mac owner to convert for you. Windows can do it. And man am I glad.

WOOOOOOOPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, back to reality 😄 ....thats awesome, thanks man. I got tired of using photoshop to do all the pasting. Now i just need to install Java agian becuase the hard drive crashed. Oh well, atleast i got all my files back 🆒

Ok, now i just need a .bmp to jpeg convertor that can do 100 images fast without me having to open each one sperately and saving it as a new picture.

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 16 August 2006 - 11:35 PM

How the heck did you end up with bmps in the first place? Also, please don't use jpegs either. Size is not an issue with sprite images since you'll just be importing them into EVNEW which will convert it appropriately so lossless compression (aka PNG) should be always be used.

I'm not sure, i just saved my naimation sequence as a bunch of bmps. Also, i did that aobut 4 months ago. :laugh: