A couple ideas, don't know if they're possible

One thing I think is missing is a way to recharge your shields using your ship's energy. I think I've come up with a way to do it, but the system might just go haywire on me if I try. The idea is a short range (range of 1) area of effect weapon that uses energy and does negative energy damage. It would be a secondary weapon and invisible, so the effect is you fire a secondary called the shield charger and your energy goes down while your shields go up. Would this work? Does the engine accept negative damage?

Second idea is a ship which turns into a spob. Idea is this: you jump into a system, there's this big ship puttering around. You jump in a few days later, there's a spob where there wasn't before. I guess I'd do this with different syst resources and crons which change it back and forth. A few different systems which change on rotation. Thoughts?

@raventhief, on Jul 30 2006, 08:11 AM, said in A couple ideas, don't know if they're possible:

One thing I think is missing is a way to recharge your shields using your ship's energy. I think I've come up with a way to do it, but the system might just go haywire on me if I try. The idea is a short range (range of 1) area of effect weapon that uses energy and does negative energy damage. It would be a secondary weapon and invisible, so the effect is you fire a secondary called the shield charger and your energy goes down while your shields go up. Would this work? Does the engine accept negative damage?

That should work, but the engine is not taking negative damage. You know the box where you put the ammo type in? Well there are different values that can create different ammo. -1 is no ammo(infinite shots), 0-255 = draw ammo from this weap, -999= self destruct, -1000 & below = weapon uses (AmmoType+1000)/10 units of fuel per shot. (example: -1005 = 0.5 units per shot and -1015 = 1.5 units of fuel per shot.) So if thats the energy your refering to, then that would be the way to do it.

@raventhief, on Jul 30 2006, 08:11 AM, said in A couple ideas, don't know if they're possible:

Second idea is a ship which turns into a spob. Idea is this: you jump into a system, there's this big ship puttering around. You jump in a few days later, there's a spob where there wasn't before. I guess I'd do this with different syst resources and crons which change it back and forth. A few different systems which change on rotation. Thoughts?

Ya that would be cron dating, but if its associated with a misn, then you can but NCBs(Nova Control Bits) in the visibility of the syst resource. So you have one system with the big ship(with the big ship a pers resource) and then have a copy of that syst and you take out the big ship and you put in a spob. The copied syst is the syst that shows up after a certain amount of tiem and cuases the other syst to disappear, therefore getting your idea to work. Sounds like a good plausible idea to me. Have fun :laugh:

Negative energy damage is a no.

The second one is probably possible, if you feel like dicking around with enough resources.