Is there any point...

Trev_lite, on Mar 2 2006, 08:11 PM, said:

...any thing that you can do with clasic/overide you can basicly do on the nova engine. still the classic is still fun
View Post

Of course there are some bug issues that Guy is trying to hammer out in his EVO for Nova, but I suspect there might be some in Nova itself. Particularly concerning that mission bug in the EVO port where players are only allowed to deliver FE cargo to Outpost Alpha and no where else. I suspect that it's because the system doesn't have a changing visbit. I also noticed something too for quite sometime, its that regular Nova cargo mission never seems to want to deliver anything to Earth or any of the other spöbs in that system. Also when Sol changes visbits, there are practically no mission that could be found anywhere I think, at least in the MissionBBS I think.

The fact that missions can't choose random stellars in systems that are replaced later on for destinations is an intentional addition to the engine (and a source of many headaches for both Sephil Saga and Retribution ;)). There are several versions of Sol in EVN, hence the fact that there are no 'true random' cargo missions to Earth, Mars, or anywhere else in the system.

Other minor EVO-->EVN differences to remember are that there are no one-way links (?), flares have been replaced by PD-type weapons, and there are no built-in bounty hunters when planets are dominated.

This post has been edited by UE_Research & Development: 04 March 2006 - 10:57 AM

UE_Research & Development, on Mar 4 2006, 04:56 AM, said:

Other minor EVO-->EVN differences to remember are that there are no one-way links (?), flares have been replaced by PD-type weapons, and there are no built-in bounty hunters when planets are dominated.
View Post

No Bounty Hunter in the Nova scenario but they are still supported by the engine (and are present in my EVO port). One way links are also possible just rather complicated.
Other differences include no combined shield/armor stats, point-based rather than percentage-based shield/armor regen, and no bits in dudes (these were quite useful). But none of these are any justification to develop for EV/O instead of EVN.

UE_Research & Development, on Mar 4 2006, 06:56 AM, said:

The fact that missions can't choose random stellars in systems that are replaced later on for destinations is an intentional addition to the engine (and a source of many headaches for both Sephil Saga and Retribution ;)). There are several versions of Sol in EVN, hence the fact that there are no 'true random' cargo missions to Earth, Mars, or anywhere else in the system.

View Post

Why is this? I could certainly use decoy flares. Granted, point-defense weapons are cooler, but I don't see why they have to replace flares.