What file do i have to edit?

to stop the blinding flash of light?

Hey does anyone know if it is possible to edit out the blinding flash of light that occurs when i jump into a system? Or is this something built into the game engine? Its starting to cause me some headaches, especially when im jumping 10 systems in a row. And no, im not avidly watching the screen when i jump, in fact, i turn away, and would rather not have to. Anyway, im using windows, so EVNEW is all there is, and i cant find anything in there to help, so im thinking its one of the things built into the game engine. If you know how to change this, please let me know. If not, i'll have to get some sunglasses.

Thanks.

Edit: left off the "y" in avidly.

This post has been edited by Razzle Storm : 27 December 2005 - 02:13 PM

As far as I know, this "hyperspace white-out" flash is built into the game engine and cannot be turned off. If you are using WinNova 1.0.9, this is the first time this feature has actually been used in it.

The white flash is built into the game to give it time to figure out what crons or misns or ships to show in that system.

Eegras Studios, on Dec 28 2005, 08:40 AM, said:

The white flash is built into the game to give it time to figure out what crons or misns or ships to show in that system.
View Post

Woah! You're the first person I've seen who has actually answered the question of the purpous of the white flashing. Congratulations, you have earned my respect, which is all I'm willing to give to anyone, because it's free.

Eegras Studios, on Dec 28 2005, 11:40 AM, said:

Woah! How did you learn that?

I don't know, but it would explain why the flash of white light is there so long on some systems.

The Apple Cřre, on Dec 28 2005, 11:07 PM, said:

I don't know, but it would explain why the flash of white light is there so long on some systems.

Actually, that's probably your computer. 😛

Maybe it can't be gotten rid of, but it might be changed to something more eye-friendly...

Heh, a field of flowers with bold pink letters in the middle saying, "Sorry for the inconvenience"? I surely would download that plug-in.

orcaloverbri9, on Dec 28 2005, 08:45 PM, said:

Woah! How did you learn that?
View Post

If you make alot of crons fire every day, then jump out of a system, the flash hangs there longer than normal.

Eegras Studios, on Dec 28 2005, 12:40 PM, said:

View Post

Er, while the game does perform those calculations while jumping, the flash itself is just an aesthetic feature to give you the sense of the hyperjump.

I know how to get ride of it!, just simply get rid of everything that can be in a system, like ships, crons, misn, that sort of thing. Im sure that would do it. It would also make the game unplayable, but hey, it solves the problem! 😛

UpChuck, on Dec 28 2005, 09:06 PM, said:

Woah! You're the first person I've seen who has actually answered the question of the purpous of the white flashing. Congratulations, you have earned my respect, which is all I'm willing to give to anyone, because it's free.
View Post

Respect? For Eegras?

laughs inordinately

Nelsonic, on Dec 30 2005, 02:11 PM, said:

I know how to get ride of it!, just simply get rid of everything that can be in a system, like ships, crons, misn, that sort of thing. Im sure that would do it. It would also make the game unplayable, but hey, it solves the problem! 😛

No, it would still be there. As DA said, it's more of an aesthetic thing.

Besides, it would have to go and check to see if there were any, even if it didn't actually make anything available/start any crons/etc.

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 01 January 2006 - 09:33 PM

ahh...yes...you are right...

Note To Self: read WHOLE thread before posting...

Would be interesting if you could edit the color of the flash. Darkish pink, anyone?

Gee, has no one bothered to look at the prefs yet? I don't have Nova on this machine to check but I distinctly remember a checkbox labelled something like "Hyperspace Effects".

I unchecked it and couldn't really find anything different while jumping, white flash is still there.

Yeah, I kept meaning to mention that. Unchecking "hyperspace effects" makes it worse. It just causes it to instantly flash at the end rather than progressively brighten.