ARPIA2 Trailer!

Edwards, on Aug 21 2005, 04:07 AM, said:

There are some good reasons to post just a single version. Popularity is more obvious with one download than two, one download takes up less space on Ambrosia's servers, and there will be no problem with people accidentally getting the wrong version. And if you pack a Mac plug properly (.bin.zip) there is almost no difficulty in converting it to Windows, as you don't need to mess around with Stuffit.

The only real excuse for posting a plug twice is if it can't be successfully converted to the opposite platform (as in the case of rEV, and, possibly, ARPIA 2).
View Post

Yep, very good reasons indeed. ARPIA1 suffered from the Mac-PC version problem (at some point, though it had about 300 downloads less, the PC version had 80% rating when the Mac had 78%, so only the PC version was among the first on the "highest rated plugs" section 😄 ).
What I'm starting to think is that, if there are true conversion problems/if pipeline decides there's a limit to the number of Megs I can give him for the add-ons page, I might put the first part of ARPIA2 on the add-ons page, since that one, I know, is fully convertible and is tiny in size.
Then I could put the rest of the plug on my spymac account, either in one fully convertible but "massive" file, or in two non-convertible "massive" files.

Edwards, on Aug 21 2005, 04:07 AM, said:

Heh... And towards the bottom of the thread, Pace underestimates himself: "...I doubt (ARPIA 2) could ever get to 12.5 MB." 😛

Edwards
View Post

😄 Well, I rather underestimated the graphics team and the scale of my dictatorial requests 😉