Developer Challenges- Can they be done?

NebuchadnezzaR, on Apr 12 2005, 11:14 AM, said:

I think its for every outfit... Makes them behave like maps. I can see how this is useful, so it isnt really a bug, plus the workaround is simple enough. Lets settle on 'undocumented feature.'
View Post

No, it is only for weapons, unless they changed it in 1.0.9. I've had to pull my hair out over this, and set up a side by side demo of the effects. SS uses Gxxx in every outfit's onPurchase, so I know.

Aside from that, no, it isn't useful, if I want that behavior I'll tell it explicitly by checking "Remove after Purchase". So, it's not even a feature, since it doesn't add any functionality that you can't already get.

Sorry if I sound crass, but this one has caused me more than enough pain and suffering to see it called anything but "Bug". The only upside is that it is a bug that can be fairly easily worked around.

While re-reading this topic i got an idea. Does the on sell of an outfit fire when the player fires all of his ammo? If it did, you could have the outfit(weapon) buy the ammo at the same time, but its invisable ammo, and when the player launches the last one they "jettison" the weapon. This would be good for a nuke like weapon.