Making a gun pass over all ships?

darth_vader, on Feb 20 2005, 09:11 PM, said:

i wouldn't beleive that there would be an effect in ev that couldn't be replicated in nova
View Post

Decoy flares.

As for beams that pass through ships, I don't think it's possible in EVN, though I have a nagging feeling I'm forgetting a flag that does that...

darth_vader, on Feb 21 2005, 04:11 AM, said:

If the nova conversion of ev is accurate in that respect, guy, than all one would need to do would be study the datafiles of the ev port. i wouldn't beleive that there would be an effect in ev that couldn't be replicated in nova
View Post

Nope sorry, it's the way the EV engine works. This was "fixed" in EVO 1.0.2.

rmx256, on Feb 11 2005, 10:45 PM, said:

Are there any ways to make a beam/weapon that doesn't stop advancing after it hits something? Like a large area-of-effet beam weapon that hit all ships that were in front of it?
View Post

Yes, it would require submunitions and invisible weapons with extremely long proxsafeteys. You set a bunch of invisible weapons, with variable range and high inaccuracy, to all submunit to an explosion type weapon (to look like the 'fire' or whatever you want the effect to be). The first set of weapons would all pass over the ships, and then the second would ignite wherever it happened to be, simulating area of effect damage.

Another method would be to use a few tiers of invisible weapons with 180 degree innacuracy, that bounce around a few times before igniting. This yields more randomness, but would always look sort of circular. You could make molatov cocktail weapons this way, i suppose.