Beams

Beams are better because they fire a continuous shot instead of a quick pulse. Because the damage adds up so quickly they are superior weapons. Their heavy use of beams is what makes the Polaris so strong.

The BRL has half the damage of the CPL and fires continuously. Yet I'm sure the CPL does many times more damage.

Guy, on Jan 15 2005, 05:51 PM, said:

The BRL has half the damage of the CPL and fires continuously. Yet I'm sure the CPL does many times more damage.
View Post

It does. The best thing about the BRL is that it doesn't use energy and its smaller size.

Yes, but I still don't understand. The figures in the resources say the CPL has twice the damage of the BRL. Also, the BRL fires continuously while the CPL pauses for 1 frame every 15 frames, so you'd think the CPL would do slightly less than twice the damage over a longer period of time. Yet in game the CPL does a lot more than twice the damage of the BRL. Am I missing something? :huh:

It should, but unless your in an Arachnid you have more than one CPL. Otherwise I don't know.

Guy, on Jan 16 2005, 02:35 PM, said:

Yes, but I still don't understand. The figures in the resources say the CPL has twice the damage of the BRL. Also, the BRL fires continuously while the CPL pauses for 1 frame every 15 frames, so you'd think the CPL would do slightly less than twice the damage over a longer period of time. Yet in game the CPL does a lot more than twice the damage of the BRL. Am I missing something? :huh:
View Post

If you aren't using Mac EVN 1.0.8, you might still be under the influence of the exponential beam bug. (Beam damage gets multiplied when multiple beams are active, instead of just getting added linearly.) So, instead of 5 CPLs doing 5 CPLs' worth of damage, they're doing ~25 CPLs worth or something. I don't have the exact figures, but it's pretty sick.

Heh, yeah I know, but I am using 1.0.8. Do you find CPLs to not do more than double of BRLs?

Amnenth, on Jan 18 2005, 11:21 PM, said:

If you aren't using Mac EVN 1.0.8, you might still be under the influence of the exponential beam bug. (Beam damage gets multiplied when multiple beams are active, instead of just getting added linearly.) So, instead of 5 CPLs doing 5 CPLs' worth of damage, they're doing ~25 CPLs worth or something. I don't have the exact figures, but it's pretty sick.
View Post

I have Windows and it seams that CPLs do alot more than double the damage than BRLs. I have no idea why this happens. The statistics say that the CPL should do about double the amount of damage as BRLs.