Uncooperative EVN Plugins

I've made two attempts at making Plugins. Neither have been working spectacularly well. My first was an attempt at making two new ship upgrades. Even though the tech level wasn't set that high, I had to use a cheat that made all the outfitts availible to you appear at this one station. As I had expected, one of them I could buy and the other I could not, but why couldn't I find them at any other outfitters?

My second was an attepmt to create a plugin that would allow you to do the other storylines after completing one of them. You accept a mission, then go to a random uninhabited spob and return to where you took the missoin. I managed to revert all of the systems back to their original states, and I made sure to get rid of the pesky little b511 bit, but even though the bits listed in my pilot files make me availiable for all of the missions, I've yet to start a new story. I had earlier completed the Bounty Hunter's plotline while doing the polaris, and so one I used this plugin, I was able to do the continuation of the bounty hunter into the rebels, up until the "meet with Dockmaster." I land and it says "you think you should find this off-duty dockmaster" but when I went to the bar he wasn't there. Neither could I do the Auroran continuation from the bounty hunter misn.

If someone could tell me how to, I'll post both of the plugins: they're not very large.

------------------
To be truly passionate about something, you must know of it either practically everything or practically nothing. Unfortunately, most people choose the latter.
-me (after 6 shots of Vodka)

Let's see... for your ship problem, what's the tech level that you're making your new ships? Most tech levels are actually pretty low - below 10. The higher numbers are more used to designate specific outfits or technology for specific races. Polaris tech is fairly high but they won't show tech from other races because the tech levels of their planets is usually around 1. Their high tech shows up though because that individual number is specified for that planet. The way to make sure that you're ships are working normally is to set the tech level to 0 or 1 (something low). That way wherever you go, you ships will have the chance of showing up. Also, make sure that your randomness settings aren't too low. When making plugs, I find it's generally better to set everything up first so that it's always there then make the modifications to availability.

Making all the storylines available is tricky. b511 isn't the only factor. There are many other bits that can get set during game play that may prevent certain areas of missions from becoming available. Making sure that all those bits get cleared can be difficult, if not tedious. Frankly, I'd recommend not doing it. If you're interested though, there have already been a couple plugs created that do this (although, I think they're fairly old). You might want to download those, check 'em out to see how well they work, then dissect them and make some improvements.

------------------
I used to jog but the ice kept falling out of my glass.
(url="http://"http://www.0three0.net/evn/RONIN.sit")RONIN(/url) - A new breed of Bounty Hunter
Good weapons are instruments of fear; all creatures hate them. If you rejoice in victory, then you delight in killing. That is why victory must be observed like a funeral. - Tao Te Ching

Originally posted by Final Redemption:
I've made two attempts at making Plugins. Neither have been working spectacularly well. My first was an attempt at making two new ship upgrades. Even though the tech level wasn't set that high, I had to use a cheat that made all the outfitts availible to you appear at this one station. As I had expected, one of them I could buy and the other I could not, but why couldn't I find them at any other outfitters?

A cheat plug won't necessarily make your plug always available. Most cheat plugs are for Nova only, and if you add new outfits, it won't cheat for those.

My second was an attepmt to create a plugin that would allow you to do the other storylines after completing one of them. You accept a mission, then go to a random uninhabited spob and return to where you took the missoin. I managed to revert all of the systems back to their original states, and I made sure to get rid of the pesky little b511 bit, but even though the bits listed in my pilot files make me availiable for all of the missions, I've yet to start a new story. I had earlier completed the Bounty Hunter's plotline while doing the polaris, and so one I used this plugin, I was able to do the continuation of the bounty hunter into the rebels, up until the "meet with Dockmaster." I land and it says "you think you should find this off-duty dockmaster" but when I went to the bar he wasn't there. Neither could I do the Auroran continuation from the bounty hunter misn.