Upcomming Total Conversion Plug

Ok, after sifting through the web board, and posting some messages, I have now decided that telling the masses about a plug I am developing (its almost in Beta stage, however it lacks original spacecraft graphics) would be a good idea. It is for Escape Velocity, however as soon as the EV version is released I will work up to EVO, and then Nova.

The Idea is: Its set in the 26th century (2501) to be exact. One central power has taken control of the large part of the known universe. This Power is known as the Earth Galactic Community. They have the Earth Stellar Navy to back them up as well so they manage to impose their rule pretty easily. Other groups like the Earth Trading Conglomerate, the Democratic Republic of Rigel, the United Krugan Republic, and the United Peoples Resistance Front cause problems and such as you get further into the plug.

I plan to give the plug a bit of verve (what IS verve?) by incorperating cool strings of missions into it that will allow the player to join a naval fleet, carry out assassinations, invade alien planets, solve diplomatic relations, become a resistance fighter, join a smuggling ring, eat cheese, and then ultimatly be destroyed by a Government conspiracy (but I wouldn't want to give away the plot, would I?).

The Galaxy, ships (not graphix), weapons, outfits, etc have been finished. I am now focusing on straightening out bugs, writing missions, and trying to make headway with the graphix (hopefully with the help of others).

Any input on what I have just said would be greatly appreciated, and hopefully a beta version will surface in a couple of months time... but no promises.

------------------
"I've got two words for you, learn to f*cking type!"
-Mr Pink
"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you"
-Stealers Wheel

Originally posted by thedecline:
**Any input on what I have just said would be greatly appreciated, and hopefully a beta version will surface in a couple of months time... but no promises.

It's kind of hard to go on what you've said alone as people say all kinds of things then release nonfunctional plugins. However, from the little plot summary your setting doesn't sound all that unique really-- powerful earth government, oppressing the rest of the universe, etc. 8 out of 10 science fiction universes have a similar political layout. It really depends on how well done it is I suppose. Details.

------------------
"God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019. Floating out in space near Alpha."
-pkd

8 out of 10 science fiction universes have a similar political layout.

I see what you mean, but with science fiction, from my experience anyway, there are quite limited systems. In EV we see a similar plot, in Star Wars we see it, in EVO we see two powers battling, etc, etc.

It really depends on how well done it is I suppose.

This is right, and by trying to incorperate missions and such into the plug that allow the player much more freedom hopefull i can pull it off. I think Background and history should be rich in a plug, so as a player gets further and further into the plug's story they will find out more about the galaxies history upuntil the 26th century.

I guess all will unfold as it becomes complete.

I appreciate your advice.

------------------
"I've got two words for you, learn to f*cking type!"
-Mr Pink
"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you"
-Stealers Wheel