Editor

Originally posted by andrew:
**How in god's name would Python possibly be the best choice in terms of speed?

Well it makes programs with almost no bloat (unlike BASIC). And, despite normally being interpreted, it can be compiled (pretty well to). So if you can muddle through the resource part (it doesn't have documentation :frown:, when I'm done I might consider making some documentation and putting it up on python.org), you can have a: small, and fast editor.Plus it would be faster for me since I know Python, and don't know basic ;).

Now the fastest would be one written in C/C++, but that would be really hard (for me at least, I don't even have an inkling of C programming). That's of course out of the realistic options, assembly doesn't count (unless you've learned PPC/68k assembly, if so, I salute you).

------------------
Diddly,
Recursive: adj. See Recursive

I think the editor should be called White Fire: EVO Editor. 😉

------------------
Check out the brand new (url="http://"http://pub101.ezboard.com/bstarbasedelta")Starbase Delta(/url) webboard.

Originally posted by Capt. Editor:
**I think the editor should be called White Fire: EVO Editor.;)

Maybe just 'White Fire', because it makes EV and EVO ediors.

Or maybe I should call it 'Quokka', because I reckon Quokkas are mad little creatures that are so cute and fuzzy you could kick one to china. 🙂
But I don't really think 'Quokka' is that good.

Hmmm... I should make the name Australian.

------------------
"He who enjoys the small things in life enjoys more things then he who doesn't" - Huw Rowlands

Originally posted by White Fire:
**Maybe just 'White Fire', because it makes EV and EVO ediors.

Or maybe I should call it 'Quokka', because I reckon Quokkas are mad little creatures that are so cute and fuzzy you could kick one to china. 🙂
But I don't really think 'Quokka' is that good.

Hmmm... I should make the name Australian.

Well, australian dev tools/games are getting pretty common. So you'd have quite a bit of precedent to do it...

Maybe if you want to try the "White Fire: EVO Editor" idea, make it "White Fire: EV/O Editor", or "White Fire: EV Editor". I figured its just easier to say EV if it's both, but EV/O would also work.

Or you could do something like "Science Vessel 109" or something to that effect, following the resource freighter idea... ("Editing Cruiser"?, nah. Not that great a name)

------------------
Diddly,

Overthrow the tyranny of Resedit! Call it RebelEdit!
(or perhaps "rEVenge")
------------------

(This message has been edited by magicianeer (edited 05-16-2001).)

I still like 'Quokka' or 'White Fire'. It's a toss out betwenn those two.
Don't stop making suggestions.

------------------
"He who enjoys the small things in life enjoys more things then he who doesn't" - Huw Rowlands

Stick with "Quakka"!!!

------------------
Check out the brand new (url="http://"http://pub101.ezboard.com/bstarbasedelta")Starbase Delta(/url) webboard.

I'll go with 'Quokka' cause it is Australian and the icon I will make would be very cute.

Thanks!

Continue to make suggestions by emailing me.

huwr@mac.com

------------------

Cool, can't wait 'till it's out.

------------------
Diddly,

I know who White Fire is and he's written many other apps.
He has made a complete patch for Marathon 1. Called Marathon: Earthonic.
He has made a handy dandy thing called Elemant Blaster.

If you Email him he might give you one.

seya

Originally posted by Freddy Fish:
**I know who White Fire is and he's written many other apps.
He has made a complete patch for Marathon 1. Called Marathon: Earthonic.
He has made a handy dandy thing called Elemant Blaster.

If you Email him he might give you one.

seya**

So unlike the rest of us poor fools, he actually knows what he's doing ;)? <erases an item on list of possibilities for becoming vaporware>

------------------
Diddly,

Originally posted by diddlysquat:
**So unlike the rest of us poor fools, he actually knows what he's doing;)? <erases an item on list of possibilities for becoming vaporware>

I wouldn't say that.
These are were last two of my apps, and the only ones which were succesful. I was young before then. Now I have a huge future with Quokka. 😛

------------------