New ship (opinions, anyone?)

Originally posted by Micah L:
**A new version

The front part is more stretched in this version than in the first. I'd recommend loading both, then switching between them.

Very nice, but just one thing about the dome/cockpit: In the originial I thought that that big sphere was going to the the ship's cockpit and that the ship was going to be a fighter. Now, you have added texture to the "sphere" and added what I think is the "bridge window" now it seems to be some sort of starship. So it's probably not a fighter, given fighters neet a lot more visibility (like all-around). It is a agile warship, you know like on the border of heavy fighter/light warship? Just my thoughts.

God bless,

UE Patriot

------------------
"Turn me over, I'm done on this side."- St. Lawerence at his martyrdom
"The glory of God is man fully alive"- some saint whose name I can't remember
Voinian lovers are ignorant of the UE marines taking over Borb Station.
Reign of the UE: Coming next year!

(This message has been edited by UE Patriot (edited 12-18-2000).)

i agree, definately in the light warship category. (random thought, looks kind of like an azdara warship that touched a vandegraph (sp) generator, and no little bits stick out everywhere). maybe a little more contrast on the grayscale shading to bring out details when pixied. (turned into a sprite, picked the phrase up somewhere else)

------------------
the key to understanding wise sayings in having wisdom to apply them to real life.

Call it a Falcon and make it a competitor or successor to the Kestrel if in EV (just my ˘2).

Diddly,
"Well we could grind our enemies to poweder with a sledgehammer, but gosh, we did that yesterday"

If you have a relatively fast comp, try putting some cool light effects on it. Also the cockpit sux, so try to improve that (and do learn to use the shapes system. it REALLY makes modelling faster and easier). Other than that, it's pretty nice.

iLizard Special Edition (i'm writing this on my friends iMac SE)

------------------
"Ist das meinen sohn?"
Translated:
Is that eating my son?!?
"Sprichst du sicher deutsch?"

Wow! That is a neat ship! Could I use it in a plug I'm making? I'll put you in the credits, and thank you profusely. The plugins name is "Felis" and it would help it if it had good graphics.

Diddly,

If you just ditched the stretched sphere that sticks out in the front (the furthest forward part), I think it would look waayy better.

------------------
-Shade
AIM: Shade3742
<---- The information went data way ---->
"It's your asphalt."

Originally posted by ShadeOfBlue:
**If you just ditched the stretched sphere that sticks out in the front (the furthest forward part), I think it would look waayy better.

I agree

------------------
--sitharus
(url="http://"http://www.evp.f2s.com/boards/")The Alternative EV/O Boards(/url) (url="http://"mailto:sitharus@ureach.com")mailto:sitharus@ureach.com(/url)sitharus@ureach.com

The ship is cool- but if it's a warship, it should have bays, fighters and turrets. The first ship, with a few mods, could make a good fighter.

------------------
I ask you to look both ways- for the road to the atom leads through the stars, and the road to the stars leads through the atom.