Dagger of Ferret

Originally posted by Cafall:
**The Holy Cloak combined with the Divine lamp does have a very powerful result (Undead Protection works in percentageŃthe more protection you have, the less of a chance the Dead enemy will have at hitting you, so +50 Undead means a 50-50 chance of him hitting you). However, when facing Dead and Live enemies you have to take off the Cloak and put on Elven Full Plate, which brings your Undead down to 50%. So you equip the Dagger of Ferret instead. However, what you're missing is that with a nice, powerful weapon(Runic Sword/War Axe Misery), you can kill almost anything in one hit, never mind whether it's Dead or Live, and the fact that the odds of you getting hit no longer matter, because he doesn't have time to hit you. Thus, you no longer have any use for the Dagger. But you don't know that, because you cling to the Dagger for it's (now useless) Undead ProtectionŃsee the flaw?

I bow to greater experience. Thank you for an insightful explanation. I have had it out with those creeps with no undead protection and I've taken some hits (especially when they gang up from all sides). It seems to me that if I carry the lamp and use the dagger my +65 undead protection with the +1 speed, and +3 dexterity lessens the damage done when the undead gang up. If you meet one-on-one the sheer power of the runic sword is certainly enough.

------------------
I knew I was marrying
Miss Right, I just didn't
know her first name
was Always.

Could this topic be one of the few locked ones on this board? It may have started out informative, but it has turned too much into flaming and useless bickering.

------------------
The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason Ń Wizard's Sixth Rule, Faith of the Fallen.
Ń Cafall

Originally posted by Cafall:
**Could this topic be one of the few locked ones on this board? It may have started out informative, but it has turned too much into flaming and useless bickering.

If my last came across as bickering, I'm sorry -- I did not intend it to be so. I'm still trying to learn the more subtle points of the game. This is my last entry on this subject and someone else can have the last word if they want it.

------------------
I knew I was marrying
Miss Right, I just didn't
know her first name
was Always.