Help stop suckie plugs!...

mikee J wrote:
What does everyone think about enemies taking homeworlds? I thought about the Aliens taking Sol. The Emalgha taking Voinia and the Confederacy taking the Alien homeworld. Which leads to...

A very nice idea, and you could get a lot out of combining the storylines, ie. the UE make a push towards Voinia with the Emalgha and take the system, but in the fighting lose too much of the home fleet. The Aliens attack and take Sol, then the player gets to participate in the fightback with the New Confederacy and the remnants of the UE forces.

~R~

mikee J wrote:
Andrew M, actually its fairly easy to tie in the Aliens. They retreated to an area that only there ships could make it to, due to their better interference technology. Better interference technology means MORE systems you can explore, which is exactly where the Aliens have been hiding for 115/100 years.

Then explain why the technology is better in EVO.

------------------
Andrew Meilstrup / JAE / Coruscant Software, unInc.

(url="http://"http://www.blackrockmac.com/ajm/")My website(/url), (url="http://"http://www.blackrockmac.com/ajm/corusoft/")the Coruscant Software website(/url)

(url="http://"mailto:ajmeilstrup@mac.com")mailto:ajmeilstrup@mac.com(/url)ajmeilstrup@mac.com

Andrew M?

I don't understand... I am saying that the Aliens had good interference tech, which allowed them to retreat to an area no one else could. Now decades later, the UE and Voinians are making better interference devices, which are now allowing them to enter the unknown systems. That threatens the Aliens....

------------------
Unix for business
Linux for development
BeOS for media
Mac OS for productivity
Windows for solitaire

One thing on the Aliens from the original EV, that was an entirely different galaxy. The original EV has ships that are several times more advanced than anything the UE has, so the thing about it being like the original EV in the future won't fly. Also, the original EV has humans and those aliens, no other races, yet the original EV's galaxy is larger than UE space.

So, for continuity, how are you going to explain the many inconsistensies? Somehow you'd have to give the player some explanation that wouldn't be too far fetched. Somehow humans lost powerful ships and weaponry to nearly be destroyed by the Voinians? Human ships and weaponry are considerably weaker in every way in EVO. UE destroyer vs Rebel Destroyer or Confed Frigate, the UE destroyer would be fried.

Just thought I'd point out a glaring flaw in your plan.

---->QUESTION AT BOTTOM<----
Thank you for pointing that out, fortunatly I have thought of this before (but people keep putting in ideas and pointing flaws 😉 )
First off, those ships are only powerful because of the data, simply reduce the damage and armor/shields and you have weaker ships.

Secondly, the (GWII) plot plays out as the Great War was fought in UE and the surrounding systems, the Aliens then retreated to an area outside current UE space, I have a map worked out so far.... if anyone wants to host it?

And as Welch once said "Matt it's only a game, you don't have to explain everything"
I don't need to explain why EV space is larger than UE space, it all makes since....

UE expanded, the started expanding until the got far enough south to be near the Aliens, they fought, the Aliens retreated further south (to where to no else could attack). Then Confederacy and Rebellion fight (two "extinct" Alien Cruisers spoted near southern EV space), the result was United Earth's formation (the old Confederacy was corrupt and overthrown) and most of the Rebellion rejoined, except systems like Omm, and other independents. Finally, UE expanded too far West and began fighting the Voinians. Now the Aliens have reemerged, believing their takeover and control of EVO space is the only way to end the UE-Voinian-Emalgha and Strand wars.

And the (new) Confederacy consists of the independent human worlds, the Strandless and the few renegades who didn't escape and actually aided in the hope of profits....

?????
Now, the Strandless don't have any real fleets, and the human independents dont have anything that could attack the Aliens worth a...
So, I thought perhaps I should have Turncoats, Helians, Kraits and strandships AS WELL as some old confederate ships.... what do you guys think? If anyone hosts my map I can show you what I mean....
-If you can, repost and email me at mikewayne@ou.edu THANKS!

------------------
Unix for business
Linux for development
BeOS for media
Mac OS for productivity
Windows for solitaire

(This message has been edited by mikee J (edited 02-14-2000).)

How about after completing the UE Central Objective, the UE and Emalgha join and completely take out the Voinian empire? Then they could use Voinian technology, and trade their heavy armor for the crescent's heavy weapons and shields. There'd be lots of trade, but the strand war would rage worse than ever before. Also, Emalgha could get full 360 degree turrets for their cannons.

------------------
Luca Rescigno
"And may not every one of the stars or suns have as great a retinue of planets with moons to wait upon them as has our own Sun?" -Christiaan Huygens