Some info and a plea for help...

Alright, many of you know that I am running an EVO RPG, more specifically the unofficial EVO-RPG, which frankly, I consider second best to blazers.

Hopefully if you've read this you've been to my RPG, seen it, perhaps even play in it (and enjoyed it or hate it, either way).

The RPG has many dedicated people and has had some really rough times, mainly because of all the work it takes to maintain.

Why is there so much work? Well there are tons of things to do. Players moves, missions, techs, systems, battles...everything.

And all throughout this, I've been trying to mimic EVO and paste it onto html to make it a cool RPG, the closest thing to a multiplayer EVO we have.

Well, its finally dawned on me on what to do, the pure obviousness of what i realized makes me laugh my ass off just thinking about it.

Why not make the RPG into a plug.

But not just any plug. A plug that has all the new ships and weapons, all the new systems, the governments, ALL THE INFO in the plug, which can be constantly updated for the players. It will be a totally new way to play, because no longer will their be tons of pages to go through, but each week (or maybe twice a week) you'll get to d/l the plug (or updates, or whatever) to see what went on.

Essentially, it will be just like the same old RPG, but cross-referenced with an ongoing plug (that will be playable).

This means tons of new things. If you want a scan, you can merely jump into the plug and go into the system, you can easily find out what new planets there are (same goes for ships and weapons) and major missions and events can easily be relayed to everyone in the RPG.

I'm hoping this idea will work out very well. I've been thinking about it and it will be a hell of a lot easier to modify a few things in a plug than modify 40 html pages whenever I can.

This is where I need your help. This is the 2nd EVO plug that I will be developing, and it will be a hell of a lot larger than the first I made. If anyone (from the RPG or not) would like to help with this plug, I would appreciate any help you can deliver. Mainly what will need mofied are the: govs, ships, weapons, systems, descriptions, dudes.

Of course, since the RPG is based off EVO, it wouldn't be a TR, just a plug with heavy modifications.

I hope to get a decent version out before my spring break is over (8 days).

So, if you want to help out, I would be more than grateful. Thanks a lot for reading.

CS

------------------

Well, don't rely on it too heavily. Some RPG players have PCS.

------------------

Hey CS, this post should also be posted on the Developer's Corner.

If I don't see it there in a day or two, I'll put it there for ya. 🙂

UEC

------------------

interesting idea.. very nice.. though, hope ya got help. unfortunatly, i cant help ya.

------------------

Oh dear... I hope you're still working on this. I've only just heard about it.

I believe I can help in a number of ways. I'm actually working on a TC for EVN all by myself, and it's going nicely. However, I do believe I can spare time to help with this if it's still going on.

Either post here, send me a PM, or email me here to let me know how I can help.

Wow, I think this is the most insane grave-dig ever. And I'm pretty sure it's dead.

QUOTE (EVWeb @ Oct 1 2009, 06:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, I think this is the most insane grave-dig ever. And I'm pretty sure it's dead.

9 years old it just might be. but so many familar faces. i actually played that RPG with UEC and CS. actually if i could get enough interest id love to start up another one, but i dont think anyone has interest in text based RPG's anymore. the went out and got itself in a big damn graphical hurry.

QUOTE (darthkev @ Sep 29 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh dear... I hope you're still working on this. I've only just heard about it.

I believe I can help in a number of ways. I'm actually working on a TC for EVN all by myself, and it's going nicely. However, I do believe I can spare time to help with this if it's still going on.

Either post here, send me a PM, or email me darthk3v1@gmail.com to let me know how I can help.

Available data suggest you were 10 when this was posted...