Amusing doom

This has probably been done before, but the Override board could use some more traffic, so here goes.

What are some funny ways to meet your doom in EV Override? My personal favorite is writing a plug-in to give the Voinian Dreadnaught a Voinian Dreadnaught bay, and watching the rockets fly.

Capture the Strange Asteroid and use as your own ship.

Get a huge, slow-moving ship, and then switch around your acceleration and steering controls.

Fly in the most crappiest ship and piss off the Disco Bison (if you ever get to encounter him)

I've never seen the Strange Asteroid nor the Disco Bison ever, could someone post screenies?

No, but I'll tell you about them. You will encounter the Strange Asteroid in a minor string that begins in Himgro. The Disco Bison is a përs that flies an Emalgha Warship. Don't try to fight it. It will tear you apart with its Disco Machine Guns and SAE modules.

@geek, on Jun 1 2008, 06:47 PM, said in Amusing doom:

You will encounter the Strange Asteroid in a minor string that begins in Himgro the Igadzra string.

Fixed.

@qaanol, on Jun 2 2008, 03:59 AM, said in Amusing doom:

Fixed.

No, no, Qaanol. I distinctly recall that the Igadzra ask you to disable the "Strange Asteroid", as a favor, in exchange for granting the Miranu with access to the certain Igadzra-controlled drug which the doctors on Himgro need to cure the plague on New Calcutta. The actual Igadzra string is a whole different crate of Purple River Eels.

Now, back on topic. A good way to go out with a bang would be to face the Voinian Dreadnought in a Krait (unless you're Qaanol, of course).

I've encountered the Strange Asteroid, but it doesn't attack or move, so I don't know it's outfits, I also couldn't board it, what does it have?

I think a humorous death is seeing two cresent fighters fighting each other, only to see them both blow up

@-visitor-, on Jun 2 2008, 12:38 AM, said in Amusing doom:

A good way to go out with a bang would be to face the Voinian Dreadnought in a Krait stock Shuttle (unless you're Qaanol, of course).

Fixed.

I was thinking of the Reign of the UE plug, and remembered the assault on Outpost Topel (the Voinian outpost defended by freighters).
"Hmm... this planet doesn't have a bar. Check the mission computer."
Mission title: "Create a distraction"
description: "Go on, create a distraction!"

Best part of the entire game.

@-visitor-, on Jun 1 2008, 11:38 PM, said in Amusing doom:

Now, back on topic. A good way to go out with a bang would be to face the Voinian Dreadnought in a Krait (unless you're Qaanol, of course).

I don't know about the Voinian Dreadnought being a good challenge, I still think the Disco Bison is more of a pain than the dreadnought.

Amusing death? Fire a rocket on top of an asteroid while in a krait.

Another amusing death? Hold option+D for 10 seconds.
Yeah, what's the real pint of having self-destruct in this game anyway?

Impressive death? Get caught in the middle of 4 Azdgari warships who are pissed off at you. (Happened to me once. Two of the Azdgari pers ships and two normal Azdgari Warships. Or maybe it was three normals and a pers? Either way, I was in a Freight Courier, no additional armor, so yeah. Owned.)

Another one is to get three Igazras pissed at you, run away from the SAEs, fight off other ships that chased you and forget about the SAEs, and suddenly, 20 of them come out of nowhere and hit you. Another true story, same Freight Courier. This was when I was first playing the game for myself, mind you.

@iced_plasma, on Jun 20 2008, 07:59 PM, said in Amusing doom:

Another one is to get three Igazras pissed at you, run away from the SAEs, fight off other ships that chased you and forget about the SAEs, and suddenly, 20 of them come out of nowhere and hit you. Another true story, same Freight Courier. This was when I was first playing the game for myself, mind you.

That one is all too familiar...

me! :laugh:

Name your pilot "Kenny".

Then die. Do not eject. Instead of "<PN> has been killed" you will see "Oh my god! They killed kenny!"

Amusing enough? 😄

@n64mon, on May 27 2008, 06:43 PM, said in Amusing doom:

This has probably been done before, but the Override board could use some more traffic, so here goes.

What are some funny ways to meet your doom in EV Override? My personal favorite is writing a plug-in to give the Voinian Dreadnaught a Voinian Dreadnaught bay, and watching the rockets fly.

I tried that once. It got messy. My computer crashed.

@elguapo7, on Jul 14 2008, 08:50 PM, said in Amusing doom:

Name your pilot "Kenny".

Then die. Do not eject. Instead of "<PN> has been killed" you will see "Oh my god! They killed kenny!"

Amusing enough? 😄

How did I not know that until now?

Well obviously because I'm a grand old Oldbie master of awesomeness, and you of course a mere Newbie who registered a measly 5 years ago!

(Ok, joking aside, I only found out yesterday. You're forgiven. :p)

@elguapo7, on Jul 15 2008, 11:00 AM, said in Amusing doom:

Well obviously because I'm a grand old Oldbie master of awesomeness, and you of course a mere Newbie who registered a measly 5 years ago!

(Ok, joking aside, I only found out yesterday. You're forgiven. :p)

Heh, I'll let myself off then.

Although also, I never really enjoyed EVO. Years of playing EVC before it came out maybe corrupted my brain into thinking it was the only way the game should be played. I've never even finished anything but the Voinian string in it. Maybe I shall return one day. As a man called Kenny.

True, I found EVC more addictive; that said, EVo's universe was what really kicked off a lot of imaginations. The plugin field is so much wider in EVO than in EV, it's incredible. Plus a lot of writers got started up on EVO's universe. I know I did. (I did a serial novel on the BnB once back in 2000 or so - 'twas fun.)

Cheers,
Guapo