Which is really the best ship/?

— yes, another poll

Poll: Which is... (32 member(s) have cast votes)
the best ship?
V. Dreadnought (fire power, defence...)
(0 votes [0.00%])
Percentage of vote: 0.00%
UE Cruiser (fighters, outfits...)
(6 votes [18.75%])
Percentage of vote: 18.75%
Azdara (manouver, shield recharge...)
(5 votes [15.62%])
Percentage of vote: 15.62%
Igadzra (basic strengths, firepower, defense...)
(5 votes [15.62%])
Enhanced Arada (handling, power...)
(4 votes [12.50%])
Percentage of vote: 12.50%
Enhanced Azdara (same as azdara but more shields)
(5 votes [15.62%])
V. Cruiser (defense, destruction...)
(2 votes [6.25%])
Percentage of vote: 6.25%
Other (specify)
(5 votes [15.62%])

For the best ship, I think the enhanced azdara. It is virtually indestructible, and has reasonable weaponry. If you swap its phase cannons for blaze cannons, it is capable of destroying a dreadnought... in time.

NOTE: përs ships dont count

My favourite government is the Igadzra. I don't know exactly why.

NOTE: I noticed that all the crescent strands are anagrams of each other.

Hm, well the beauty of the Enhanced Arada is undeniable but I've always felt at home in a UE Cruiser. Either that or a Zidara - my favourite govt is Zidagar. The Enhanced Arada just feels a bit like cheating. Also note you can't fly the Enhanced Azdara without cheating.

@cpt--mackyboy, on Apr 23 2006, 06:29 AM, said in Which is really the best ship/?:

NOTE: I noticed that all the crescent strands are anagrams of each other.

You only just noticed that now? Gadzair too. But the name of the Igadzra warship is "Igazra" without the d.

This post has been edited by Guy : 22 April 2006 - 05:44 PM

Gotta love the giant space phallus (look left).

Gosh, the Council take too small a role to even be noticeable. I just dominate them.

points to Avatar.....Yup, just the plain old Azdara, no enhanced crap.

Enhanced Arada, probably. If I'm not doing the Azdgari string I tend to find myself in an Arada or Lazira normally.

I prefer enhanced arada over enh. azdara. The azdara's great, but you don't need all that speed. It doesn't help much, so I'd trade it for the extra guns of the enh. arada.

The shuttle is the best ship. If it didn't exist you'd die from exposure when you start a new pilot.

And for governments, it's a toss-up between all the different ones with "Psycho" in their names. Although whatever government The Nadir belongs to is also pretty cool, but I can't remember what it's called.

String-wise, my favorite storyline will always be the Human Renegades.

That said, I'm currently working on a plug-in that adds a South Tip Strandless string to the game, with a government named Southern Alliance. They organize to make trading safer by using convoys (strength in numbers), and eventually 'obtain' some human ships, which they endeavor to improve. So far I've made 25 missions, and the text for 11 more, which cover the first two story arcs and some of the thid, and a few alternate realities and repeating missions. There are four more arcs to go, and I estimate there'll be 100 mission altogether.

The focus is on character rather than rewards, so min/maxers who just want "Teh l33test shipzors" probably won't go for it. The ships I'm adding (versions of the Krait, Helian, and possibly Turncoat that strandless engineers improve) won't be as good as the überships already in the game. After all, the strandless don't have the best shipwrights or engineers, and they're struggling for their own existence. The outfits I'm adding are also at a somewhat lesser level than the cutting edge.

Enhanced Azdara. Though if you count cheating, then shuttlecraft w/forklift and giant shields. Miranu, because they're ships look cool. I'm rather loyal to UE/Confed/Fed in terms of serving, but I like Miranu (but I don't follow/serve them).

how do u dominate council station? Im getting a crapload of crescent warships. and my fav ship.... prolly a personally upgraded UE cruiser.

You dominate Council Station exactly the same way you dominate any other planet: Hail the planet, then click on demand tribute. Plan on spending a bit of time on it.

@qaanol, on Apr 24 2006, 11:37 AM, said in Which is really the best ship/?:

The shuttle is the best ship. If it didn't exist you'd die from exposure when you start a new pilot.

Well, one could start in a life pod, but they have no navigational capabilities.

That said, I'm currently working on a plug-in that adds a South Tip Strandless string to the game, with a government named Southern Alliance. ... The focus is on character rather than rewards, so min/maxers who just want "Teh l33test shipzors" probably won't go for it.

Sounds like a nice change. I'll play it.

Fav ship: Laizra (sometimes a CW, but only if I need more firepower)
Fav govt: Miranu, specifically Zacha

@callide, on May 1 2006, 09:40 PM, said in Which is really the best ship/?:

You dominate Council Station exactly the same way you dominate any other planet: Hail the planet, then click on demand tribute. Plan on spending a bit of time on it.

I knew that.... but I'm just wondering how many crecent warships there are?

The UE trader ship, the one that apparently only I every use cause everyone else goes to the scoutship instead.

I dunno why. The trader is cheaper, faster, and can carry more cargo.

@satori, on May 2 2006, 08:23 PM, said in Which is really the best ship/?:

The UE trader ship, the one that apparently only I every use cause everyone else goes to the scoutship instead.

extra jumps to discover miranu.

The best ship? The Enhanced Azdara.
The funniest ship? An Azdara with RCS, Azdgari, thrust and acceleration upgrades, and normal phase cannons, with game speed set to 250% and caps lock on. 🙂

Don't forget on a fast machine! (i.e. not mine)

"We warn you, however, your human reflexes may be unable to make full use of the Azdara's speed."

-The azgari who gives you access to the Azdara.
(probably quoted inperfectly)

There are 1000 Crescent Warships. (That makes 3000 Crescent Fighters!)   

This post has been edited by **n64mon** : 05 May 2006 - 02:07 PM 

omg... that will take a stupidly long time.

Is there anywhere that shows the number of ships to kill for domination (kind of like the Survival Guide, which EVO never got finished)

@satori, on May 3 2006, 02:23 AM, said in Which is really the best ship/?:

They go with the scoutship out of a sense of nostalgia for EV, where the scoutship was worth having. In EV:O, it's not good value, or a good ship.

Sure, you get eight jumps from it... but if you know your way around, do you really need eight? You can contact the Miranu in a journey where the longest stage is a four-jump trip, if you know where to land.

Besides, the Transporter comes with a solar panel.

@voinianambassador, on May 9 2006, 06:25 AM, said in Which is really the best ship/?:

Besides, the Transporter comes with a solar panel.

Yeah but unlike the Freighter the fuel regen isn't enabled for the player for some reason.
(and the regen is really slow besides)

This post has been edited by Guy : 08 May 2006 - 06:57 PM

@lt-_anonymous, on May 7 2006, 08:58 PM, said in Which is really the best ship/?:

omg... that will take a stupidly long time.

Is there anywhere that shows the number of ships to kill for domination (kind of like the Survival Guide, which EVO never got finished)

Open it up with ResEdit. Find the spöb you want, the DefDude and DefCount are at the bottom of the window.