the game glitches alot

i need help!!!!

i have OSX but i'm running the game under classic and it tends to glitch alot. what do i do 😞

You should download and purchase Escape Velocity Nova. It's only $30 US. Then download the EVO mod for it, which can be found here.

Of course, if you don't have $30, then this is rather moot. But if you do, there you go. πŸ˜„

EDIT: and also refer back to your other thread, here. πŸ™‚

This post has been edited by Mackilroy : 28 March 2006 - 11:46 PM

EV and EVO don't run well at all in OS 10.3+. It's a sad but accepted fact. EVO isn't as bad as EV, but still not great.

I play both games through Basilisk II now.

jedierik75, What comp are you playing it on? You could partition your hard drive and load OS9 on it. I play EVO on OS9.2 and it works great. Maybe you need to increase the allotted memory for EVO? Or buy more RAM?

@cippy, on Mar 30 2006, 09:03 AM, said in the game glitches alot:

EV and EVO don't run well at all in OS 10.3+. It's a sad but accepted fact. EVO isn't as bad as EV, but still not great.

You mean they run better in 10.2??

I think the best way is probably just to use an older comp like a basic 0S9. I play EV, EVO, and EVN on it alot, and I also use to make my plug-ins with mission computer 3.3.
If you know anyone with an 0S9 or 8 that doesn't want it you could buy it off them for cheap, or for free πŸ˜„

I think it would be easier to get a second hard drive than find an older Mac. Are you on a G3 or G4? If it can hold an extra hard drive, get one and install OS9 on it. Or, like I said, partition your existing HD and then you can run both OSX and OS9 on it. I recently bought a second 80Gig HD for only $65.

Though there's really nothing stopping from running OS 9 and X on the same partition.

@guy, on Mar 31 2006, 03:33 PM, said in the game glitches alot:

You mean they run better in 10.2??

Supposedly, yes. My first OS X computer had 10.3, so I really don't know. There have been explanations on the EV board about this, and they concluded 10.3+ was the end of EV.

Here's one of the posts from one of the topics that pretty accurately explains it:

@ev-for-ever, on Sep 10 2004, 02:54 PM, said in I love my eMac, but...:

The reason EV has choppy graphics is the graphic driver in 10.3 . :mad: If you had 10.2 it would run better. EVO runs good in 10.3 though and all plugs for EV can easily be ported to EVO.

I think 10.4 ended EVO, but I really haven't played it on OS X in a while.

This post has been edited by Destroyer E : 02 April 2006 - 10:36 AM

@guy, on Apr 1 2006, 09:37 PM, said in the game glitches alot:

Though there's really nothing stopping from running OS 9 and X on the same partition.

You're right. I did that until I got my second HD.

EVO ran fine, but it was flaky. Crashed a lot and had funky animation. But EV, ever since I installed Panther went insanely choppy. Luckily, both run fine when starting up in OS 9. Sadly, classic is completely gone in the Intel Macs. 😞

Indeed, now we can run Windows instead. Just installed it yesterday, it runs super fast. Maybe I should see if I can get EV running under Basilisk :laugh:

EV works under Basilisk, but I don't want to install Windows. :mad: Hates Windoze.

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy : 08 April 2006 - 01:30 PM

There is an OS X version of Basilisk.

Really? Nuts, now my experiment would be pointless. Bah, I don't have the time to try anyway.

Where is that version? I need it.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy : 06 May 2006 - 06:01 PM

I checked out Basalisk... doesnt work.

A little help?

PS

screenshot comming up (when I get the chance)

@lt-_anonymous, on May 8 2006, 04:46 AM, said in the game glitches alot:

I checked out Basalisk... doesnt work.

A little help?

That's really, really, about the least useful question you could possibly ask. Nobody can possibly help you without some details about in what way it doesn't work.

Where do you get the ROM?

EDIT: Nevermind, just got that too.

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy : 08 May 2006 - 03:46 PM

eh its the ROM thing. I assumed other people had that issue.