[ANN] Orthographic universe 0.1 released

My level set, Orthographic Universe, has been released. So far, it contains 4 levels with a boss level at the end.

A Orthographic universe has been unleashed by Queen Xichra from another parallel world. You must use every skill you learned killing Xichra for the first time. Now, you must face her orthographic self, and shut the entrance to the world to keep Ferazel's World peaceful. A mass grave, a mysterious scientist, and a split-up family are some of the things you'll find.

Check out the (url="http://"http://152.19.48.64/aftran/ferazel/") website (/url) I've made for it. Please post your comments here. Enjoy!

------------------

In your fourth level, the warrior just stand around waiting for a rock to hit his head. I think you need to set the boss point(Level Info.(15)) somewhere.

------------------
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out, too.

Help - I'm stuck on the very first level (pathetic, aren't I?)
Got the key, but now I can't get back up to the beginning. I've tried firing at all the walls, but nothing gives. Also haven't been able to get to the fireseeds just above the transformer used to get the key.

Hints please?

TIA

Edited later: D'oh. Got the fireseeds. Double D'oh! But still haven't found the way to get back up. Will keep throwing the fireseeds around, but a hint would still be appreciated!

------------------
Some people are Optimists - they see the glass as half full. Some are Pessimists - the glass is half empty. I'm a Realist. I know eventually I'm going to have to wash that glass.

(This message has been edited by MonsterLady (edited 12-12-2000).)

I think there's a crippling bug in it. I think you assigned the BG value of a platform to ziridium brine instead. So, rather than being able to jump on a platform, you jump in a tiny pool of ziridium brine. The only platform that can get me back to the beginning doesn't support me.

But, since there's evidence that someone got past that, there must be another way. Congrats, cat99, you have successfully confused me. Thus, Confuse-A-cat99 was founded (with regards to my second favorite Monty Python sketch).

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #455
twice in a dream i visioned
nerds content with empowering
man and space

What level are you talking about, spamguy?
To MonsterLady: Go to the beginning.

------------------

(This message has been edited by cat99 (edited 12-12-2000).)

Originally posted by cat99:
**What level are you talking about, spamguy?
To MonsterLady: Go to the beginning.

I'd LOVE to go to the beginning, but I can't get back there - I'm stuck at the bottom of the level with no way to climb back up. I was hoping there was a way to blast through a wall or something to get back to the beginning. As spamguy says - the platform one would normally jump onto to get back to the top portion of the level is ziridium brine and I just fall through it.

Is there any other way out?

------------------
Some people are Optimists - they see the glass as half full. Some are Pessimists - the glass is half empty. I'm a Realist. I know eventually I'm going to have to wash that glass.

Originally posted by spamguy:
**But, since there's evidence that someone got past that, there must be another way.

I cheated. I added a spring below the bridge(that is where you're talking about, right?)

------------------
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out, too.

I looked at the 'Define BG Tiles' dialog, and a few # needed to be switched from 203 to 103. It is fixed now.

------------------

You can get back up without cheating. The permeable ziridium pools are the tip-off. If you get onto the floating platform just below the water of the first level, you will find there is a tile you can jump (vertically--UP) through. Found this one by accident of course.

------------------

**I looked at the 'Define BG Tiles' dialog, and a few # needed to be switched from 203 to 103. It is fixed now.

I just downloaded your game and am having the same problem that Monster Lady did - stuck at the first level with no way to get back up. Are you sure it's been fixed? Is there another version or update somewhere that I don't have? Would love to move forward in the game... 🙂

------------------

Originally posted by Dian:
**I just downloaded your game and am having the same problem that Monster Lady did - stuck at the first level with no way to get back up. Are you sure it's been fixed? Is there another version or update somewhere that I don't have? Would love to move forward in the game...:)

I don't think it's been updated on the download page, as my version & the version on the download page are identical (I tried downloading it again just to be sure). I think if you have the mascot editor you can change the rocks to make them solid enough to stand on.

I don't, so I just saved at the first save spot, then used Ferazedit to give myself an escape ring which I used once I have everything from the lower half of the game. Hope this helps!

------------------

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
I don't, so I just saved at the first save spot, then used Ferazedit to give myself an escape ring which I used once I have everything from the lower half of the game. Hope this helps!

Sounds like a good plan! Thanks, Monster Lady!

------------------

Originally posted by Bob the Mediocre:
**In your fourth level, the warrior just stand around waiting for a rock to hit his head. I think you need to set the boss point(Level Info.(15)) somewhere.

How did you get to the fourth level? I'm REALLY stuck on the third level. I've gotten all the pillars open, transported to the long purple pool, went under water and activated the red button. From there it looks like I need to get over to the water to the left - there's a chest suspended in the rocks there - have blasted everywhere and can't find the way in - also haven't been able to find a way to get to the yellow transporter. Any help/hints would be great!

------------------

**How did you get to the fourth level? I'm REALLY stuck on the third level. I've gotten all the pillars open, transported to the long purple pool, went under water and activated the red button. From there it looks like I need to get over to the water to the left - there's a chest suspended in the rocks there - have blasted everywhere and can't find the way in - also haven't been able to find a way to get to the yellow transporter. Any help/hints would be great!

Not to give away any secrets, but what is the NAME of the level you are stuck in?

------------------

**Not to give away any secrets, but what is the NAME of the level you are stuck in?

🙂 I tried using the escape ring, but then the game freezes on me - I go back to the map but can't go anywhere from there, assuming that's what you meant! If not, HELP! Oh, and I also tried using the Mist Potion and have gone over to the area I know I need to get to, but as soon as the potion wears off I die and am back where I was when I drank it. I'm really stumped here! :frown:

------------------

(This message has been edited by Dian (edited 12-30-2000).)

**:) I tried using the escape ring, but then the game freezes on me - I go back to the map but can't go anywhere from there, assuming that's what you meant! If not, HELP! Oh, and I also tried using the Mist Potion and have gone over to the area I know I need to get to, but as soon as the potion wears off I die and am back where I was when I drank it. I'm really stumped here! :frown:

Maybe I'm wrong...

and apparently I am. (See posts from Cat99 later on).
------------------

(This message has been edited by MonsterLady (edited 12-31-2000).)

**Caution - spoiler below:

Don't read further if you don't want to know....

Having said all this....

Perhaps Cat99 will post if there actually is an exit, but I've taken my clue from the name of the level (something about "neverending...") Maybe I'm wrong...

Thanks, Monster Lady! At least I can stop driving myself crazy with this level. Oh, by the way, it's called "Escape from Nightmares." On to another one of the add-on games! Anxious for "One Big World" to be completed - ought to be able to get at least a week or two of frustration from that! 😉

------------------

What level has no Exit? In Escape from Nightmares, once you reach the exit, it takes you back tolevel Two to find the other level that branches off from that level. Escape from Nightmares will be required to complete for access to the Habinabit Prison, because you need a Mist potion to get inside. As soon as I complete that level, I'll release v.0.2 with the bad big in level 1.

------------------

**What level has no Exit? In Escape from Nightmares, once you reach the exit, it takes you back tolevel Two to find the other level that branches off from that level. Escape from Nightmares will be required to complete for access to the Habinabit Prison, because you need a Mist potion to get inside. As soon as I complete that level, I'll release v.0.2 with the bad big in level 1.

Boy, sure would like to know where the exit is in Escape from Nightmares - couldn't find a way out anywhere. Could you give me a clue as to where it is?

------------------

(This message has been edited by Dian (edited 12-31-2000).)

**Boy, sure would like to know where the exit is in Escape from Nightmares - couldn't find a way out anywhere. Could you give me a clue as to where it is?

Me too! I definitely need a clue. (Not saying that I'm clueless.... but others might!)
I wandered around and around for what seemed like centuries.
Pretty please???

------------------