F-25 2.0.1

Had a busy week last week and couldn't get as far as I wanted to with the new version. I'm working on the Xarnez/Querin string right now and I hope to have the bugs all sorted out and fixed by this weekend. Now granted, it won't be a perfect release- I can only catch so many things. Thats where a few willing testers come in- I need 3 or 4 people to do simple run-throughs of the missions to check for any errors or typos. I'd do this kind of rigorous testing myself, but unfortunately my emulator gets very, very slow in even the smallest of battles, so to run through the Kytaan missions (there are 90+) it took me literally 25-30 hours of game play. It'll still take quite a bit of time, but not nearly as much as me doing it myself would. Also, this way, more issues will hopefully be caught with multiple people working on it.

I know Kauthor and Cade were interested- but I could use another person or two. Post here (don't email me.. I rarely ever check it..) Also, Cade and kauthor, could you guys post your emails where I can reach you easily, and where I can send the files to? I sent an email a few weeks back to Cade which got bounced back, so I don't know if that address works again, or what, but I'll just need a functioning one, whenever you get around to it. File size won't be large at all- it's a data only patch, probably 4-500 kb at most.

Alright, all this posting is wearing me out. Time to go sleep..

_bomb

------------------
"I want to tell you about a time I almost died...."

kauthor@hotmail.com. The limit there is 2 MB.

------------------

You mailed to my dads E-mail account. A few weeks ago, the functionality of Internet there had flukes. Web worked never, even E-mail not always. You might want to try again, it works again now. Mercury@welho.com. Dont know the file limit. I will start testing first after two weeks, because again, my dad has my Mac.

Edit- oh, and you need to send me a pilot that completed the Deflect Zidagar Fleet mission. Zachit will attack me immediately when I enter the system, even if I dont hit them. No matter how mant times I abort. If I destroy them with my cheated 2500-shield Crescent Warship (because I got so frustated with Defend F-25 becuase I thought I had to destroy them), the mission doesnt complete when I land on Aenecia. No text box appears. Either that, or you make tiny patch which changes ShipType 10 (special ships will attack player) to 11 so Zachit doesnt attack me. And I would be very happy if the introductory missions would be made easy like in original F-25. Besides making it enjoyable (and fast to Kytaan and Querin string), it would make beta testing shorther.

------------------
I am eager to try to ansver mission questions

(This message has been edited by General Cade Smart (edited 03-04-2003).)

Hey Bomb!
I'll gladly volunteer! Just send it to (url="http://"mailto:aceharddrive@phastnet.com")mailto:aceharddrive@phastnet.com(/url)aceharddrive@phastnet.com

Originally posted by CaptAceHarddrive:
Hey Bomb!
I'll gladly volunteer! Just send it to mailto:aceharddrive@phastnet.comaceharddrive@phastnet.com

Do that for real, Bomb! 🙂

------------------

Originally posted by Bomb:
**Alright, dudes, it's been a busy week and it still isn't quite ready. I'm hoping to have tomorrow night (Friday, I know.. a scary though, eh?) free so I can stay in and finish up the beta work. I pretty much ****ed around all last weekend so I won't mind taking it easy this time to make up for the lost work. Long story short? Sorry about the delay. If it isn't ready by Monday, I'll fly to wherever each of you live and hand deliver a signed copy..:D

_bomb

You mean you cant give the beta to be tested yet? Sure, if you dont mind spending several hundred dollars for crossing the Atlantic ;). And I didnt get the joke of Friday being scary thought.

------------------

Originally posted by General Cade Smart:
**You mean you cant give the beta to be tested yet? Sure, if you dont mind spending several hundred dollars for crossing the Atlantic;). And I didnt get the joke of Friday being scary thought.

The beta's been sent out. And you all thought I'd be showing up at your doors.. 😄

Friday nights aren't scary. The thought of not partying/going out on a Friday night while up at school is.

_bomb

------------------

And we were all hoping you'd show up! I just wish I could unstuff it. I keep getting that "one of the files could have been unstuffed it you had dropstuff..." Still, thanks for the beta!

~Ace 😄

------------------
"There is simply nothing in life more worth doing than kicking ass for money." - J. S. Jordan, Mercenaries Guild

**And we were all hoping you'd show up! I just wish I could unstuff it. I keep getting that "one of the files could have been unstuffed it you had dropstuff..." Still, thanks for the beta!

~Ace 😄

Humm. I had to use an old stuffing app called "Compact Pro" to stuff it because the emulator is system 8.1, which isn't supported by the new dropstuff. Try nabbing a copy of it online.. it should fine for decompression.

_bomb

------------------

I d/l'ed Compact Pro and it gives me a message saying it either does not recognize the file format or the file is corrupted. Sorry. I guess I won't be able to use it.

~Ace :frown:

------------------
"There is simply nothing in life more worth doing than kicking ass for money." - J. S. Jordan, Mercenaries Guild

**I d/l'ed Compact Pro and it gives me a message saying it either does not recognize the file format or the file is corrupted. Sorry. I guess I won't be able to use it.

~Ace :frown:

Give me a few days- I'm trying to track down an old copy of dropstuff. I'm fairly sure my brother has a copy of it at home, so next time I talk to him, I'll see if he can't send it to me.

_bomb

------------------

**The beta's been sent out. And you all thought I'd be showing up at your doors..:D

Friday nights aren't scary. The thought of not partying/going out on a Friday night while up at school is.

_bomb

Not showing up at my doors is actually good, my parents wouldnt have liked that. So you have a nightlife culture at school? Looking for some relaxation from the lessons? 😛 BTW, did I get sent the beta too at mercury@welho.com? I cant check that mailbox before Friday. And remember to send a hacked pilot so I can complete the intro missions, unless 2.01 has fixed this.

------------------

(This message has been edited by General Cade Smart (edited 03-10-2003).)

Originally posted by General Cade Smart:
**Not showing up at my doors is actually good, my parents wouldnt have liked that. So you have a nightlife culture at school? Looking for some relaxation from the lessons?:p BTW, did I get sent the beta too at mercury@welho.com? I cant check that mailbox before Friday. And remember to send a hacked pilot so I can complete the intro missions, unless 2.01 has fixed this.

I sent it to the email you supplied above. There's no real rush on the beta.. Everything should be pretty solid in there. I just want a few other people to look it over before I upload it for the general public.

As per the intro missions- I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but there were several issues with the first three missions that have all been corrected.

_bomb

------------------

Why it should need dropstuff is beyond me. I thought dropstuff was for compression, not decompression.

~Ace 😄

------------------

**Why it should need dropstuff is beyond me. I thought dropstuff was for compression, not decompression.

~Ace 😄

I know- but I didn't use dropstuff to compress it- I used Compact Pro. Everything would be a lot easier if I could just use dropstuff and make it a .sit file for you to decompress with stuffit expander.

_bomb

------------------

I may just have to wait til I get my iMac fixed to be able to decompress it. I'm just itching to see what you've changed!

~Ace 🙂

------------------

**I sent it to the email you supplied above. There's no real rush on the beta.. Everything should be pretty solid in there. I just want a few other people to look it over before I upload it for the general public.

As per the intro missions- I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but there were several issues with the first three missions that have all been corrected.

_bomb

Look at the Edit of my first post. That thing explains the bug in depth. I dont even remember what the third mission was about, only the first and second. Or do you mean that the first mission has a time limit, and that second mission doesnt mention Munb as where you should return in the text. Oh, and forever ago VoinianAmbassador said how many bugs F-25 2.0 had and said he wanted a F-25 2.01 where the bugs have been fixed. Unbeknownst to him, years later his dream has become true and 2.01 made.

------------------

Edit- kauthor told me Deflect Zidagar Fleet mission has been deleted. Thank YOU, Bomb! You fixed the thing that had bugged me most. Yippiaiee! 🆒 🆒 😄

------------------

(This message has been edited by General Cade Smart (edited 03-14-2003).)

Hahahaha. Actually, it was just skipped over, General Cade Smart.

------------------