Sad moments

I was just remembering the times where I traded my fateful crappy ship for a UE cruiser or when I (sob) discovered how to chart courses throught the map. I used to jump into one system, (sob) open the map, select the next system and hit "j" (sob). Or when the Voinian Dreadnought blew up the Stockholder II (my ship) for the 1 000 000th time or the time I didn't know why I kept failling that ski resort mission when it was because my ship didn't jump fast enough (I didn't know ships had different jump speeds).

Anyway, add your own sad moments!

------------------
-Moe

When my comp crashed right after the first time I destroyed all the Voinians in the battle for Ekuip Station. That pissed me off. Fortunately, I had 3 years to get over it. πŸ™‚

------------------
"The problem with freedom of speech is that you have to put up with so much dumbness of speech." - Shoe
"It is your fault, you have forced me to say what I think." - Plato
may the farce be with you

When waaaaaaaah I figured out that waaaaaaaaaah that you could plot a course with the map!waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

------------------
GIR: Tell me a story about giant pigs!
ZIM:Once, giant pigs came and destroyed the Earth. Now PAY ATTENTION!

When I captured an Igazra and all my Azdgari buddies started randomly attacking me... :frown: I was crushed... And, of course, when I realized that the reason I couldn't plot a course on the map wasn't because my ship was too primitive... bursts into tears

------------------

Don't you people read??
I believe it tells you directly on the map screen how to plot a course...
Idiots...
πŸ˜„

The only sad moment for me was wheen I first opened the game and thought it was like Maelstrom, so I started shooting everything in sight...

Oh, and also the times when me and my little brother played two-player by having one person do navigation and the other do weapons and things...

------------------
"Squirrels: They seem cute, UNTIL THEY GET ONE OF YOUR EYES!" - A T-shirt I once saw
"If Johnny has 6 apples and you take 2, how many years will you have in jail for robbery?" - Me

Well, this is actually for the Frozen Heart, but 9 times out of 10, I'd get the Jasta Helena mission, and either get blown up, or have the game freeze. sob

------------------
Adapt or die.
(url="http://"http://www.anomalousarts.com")ΔΉΕ„Ε™ΔΎΔΊΕΉΕ™ΓΌΓ§(/url)

Well, this isn't really a sad moment, more like a moment when I got extremely pissed. It happened last night, or rather, this morning (2 AM PST). Anyway, I was doing the mission for the Igdarza that requires you to capture eels from a miranu freighter that is quite a few jumps away. I got there without a problem, aside from the occasional bounty hunters, but they were easily dispatched by Death's Shadow, my heavy modified Crescent Warship. The eels were taken without incident and I began my return trip. One jump away from the Igdarza home system, in Notil, I believe, I ran out of fuel. I saw a Merchant Arada and decided that I'd just borrow some fuel from him. He was disabled quite easily and I was about to board him when an Azdagari jumped in right on top of me. Keep in mind, that I was on friendly terms with the Azdagari at this time. Anyway, he quickly dumped his fighters and opened fire. The swarm of fighters or the Warship I could of handled easily. But not at the same time. They took me out when I was one jump away from mission completion. I was pissed as hell. I declared war on the Azdagari and after I successfully completed the mission, I took over all the stellars in their home system. I was happy again, πŸ˜ƒ

------------------
-- Greg Anderson
-- Member of Green Eye's Storyline Developement Team
-- AIM Screenname: DrowninInReality
-- E-Mail: foodvelocity@mac.com

Damn Azdagari, they did it again. They will all die!

------------------
-- Greg Anderson

(This message has been edited by Wedge Antilles (edited 12-28-2001).)

Well, this isn't really a sad moment, more like a moment when I got extremely pissed. It happened last night, or rather, this morning (2 AM PST). Anyway, I was doing the mission for the Igdarza that requires you to capture eels from a miranu freighter that is quite a few jumps away. I got there without a problem, aside from the occasional bounty hunters, but they were easily dispatched by Death's Shadow, my heavy modified Crescent Warship. The eels were taken without incident and I began my return trip. One jump away from the Igdarza home system, in Notil, I believe, I ran out of fuel. I saw a Merchant Arada and decided that I'd just borrow some fuel from him. He was disabled quite easily and I was about to board him when an Azdagari jumped in right on top of me. Keep in mind, that I was on friendly terms with the Azdagari at this time. Anyway, he quickly dumped his fighters and opened fire. The swarm of fighters or the Warship I could of handled easily. But not at the same time. They took me out when I was one jump away from mission completion. I was pissed as hell. I declared war on the Azdagari and after I successfully completed the mission, I took over all the stellars in their home system. I was happy again, πŸ˜ƒ

------------------
-- Greg Anderson

my double vision must be acting up again...

------------------
"I- I Swear Officer.. The Dwarf was on fire when I got here!"
------------------------
"....This is only what I think. We can't in a million years guess what goes on in the snarling, churning bowels of Red's head."
~ESPilot

Whoa. How the hell did that happen... Must not use back button that much again...

------------------
-- Greg Anderson

When I was 14 I asked this girl out and she rejected me. It was pretty sad. But most of the time when bad stuff happens gamewise I just get pissed off rather than sad. Sad is like, that episode of Voltron when there was fighting in space and the good people tried to run away but they got hit by a seeker missile and they all died. I watched it at my grandparents place. Angry is where you've just tried a mission for the 10th time and successfully completed it but then you try to jump out of the system and get pimp slapped by hostiles when you're in that immobilized jumping state. That really sucks.

Originally posted by Punkster:
...when you try to jump out of the system and get pimp slapped by hostiles when you're in that immobilized jumping state. That really sucks.

Get Lightning Jump. It modifies the sound file so jumps are instantaneous. Or, if you like ResEdit, change the hyperjump sound to something that lasts only 0.1 of a second, if thats how long you want your jumps to take πŸ™‚

------------------
"Resources exist to be consumed, and consumed they will be, if not by us then by some future generation. What right does this forgotten future have to stop us from doing what God intended?"
CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Centauri Monopoly"

Originally posted by dutchie:
**Get Lightning Jump. It modifies the sound file so jumps are instantaneous. Or, if you like ResEdit, change the hyperjump sound to something that lasts only 0.1 of a second, if thats how long you want your jumps to take:)

Nah, that's what's s'posed to happen... it gets me pissed as hell, but it's the way the game is πŸ˜›

Man I had just d-loaded frozen heart and i decided to create a new pilot. Well as I found out later that frozen heart uses the same pilots as EVO,
and if you create a pilot with the same name as the other, the original will get erased. so i created a new pilot with the same name as
my best EVO pilot. Well I don't have to tell you the rest but i will. My evo pilot (Andrew Slash) Was deleted, he had a tight UE Cruiser
with D.Armor, 4 shield enhancers, 5 N. turrets, speed, engine,and turn enhancements, and the rest of standard UEC weapons.

------------------
P-Z out

There are many very sad moments in Frozen Heart. Probably why I like the game, there are three dimensional characters, whom you actually care about...I have to say, so far Femme Fatale hasn't struck me the same way..not as much wordy exposition for the JH character. Would like to know more what she is thinking and feeling as she searches for her ominous past...perhaps I'm not far along enough in the game yet.

------------------

Originally posted by mamajama:
**There are many very sad moments in Frozen Heart. Probably why I like the game, there are three dimensional characters, whom you actually care about...I have to say, so far Femme Fatale hasn't struck me the same way..not as much wordy exposition for the JH character. Would like to know more what she is thinking and feeling as she searches for her ominous past...perhaps I'm not far along enough in the game yet.

Frozen Heart and Femme Fatale are the greatest plugs for EVO. Period. They are some of the very few that are capable of actually stirring an emotional response. Hrm, after I "beat" EVO with my current pilot, I think I'll play Frozen Heart again.

------------------
-- Greg Anderson

When I realized that when you held down the option key you could buy ammo in multiples of 10 until you were full, instead of clicking the mouse a hundred times. Very, very sad.

------------------
Bleeding is breathing.

10/31/96

Originally posted by forge:
**When I realized that when you held down the option key you could buy ammo in multiples of 10 until you were full, instead of clicking the mouse a hundred times. Very, very sad.

I realised that a while ago. Took me three years.Same thing with course plotting in the map.It's sad that it took me so long to figure it out.

------------------
"God is dead." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Originally posted by dutchie:
**Get Lightning Jump. It modifies the sound file so jumps are instantaneous. Or, if you like ResEdit, change the hyperjump sound to something that lasts only 0.1 of a second, if thats how long you want your jumps to take:)

I was very happy when I worked that one out I used it ever scince πŸ˜ƒ

------------------