How to outfit a UE Destroyer

I'm looking for the best way to outfit a UE destroyer.
I would like anyones ideas on a good design.
The destroyer is the best ship in my mind,
so i want to max out it's potential.

------------------
Why is Star Wars so addictive?

I can't give you what I'd consider the best way since I eschew that ship entirely. I can however tell you that the biggest proponent of the UE Destroyer of all time is Skunko7. He'd probably be able to tell you the optimal way of outfitting a UE Destroyer.

------------------
Look at the stars, that's your life. Look at the dirt, that's your life too. Look to all sides of yourself and see what really isn't your life, but a fantasy dreamt of by others and forced upon you in whole.

10/31/96

Well, I'd be curious to hear why you think the UE Destroyer is the best ship...

But as long as you are committed to it, here's what I would suggest. All three speed/maneuverability upgrades, since that's not the Destroyer's strong suit. Dospect armor to play up the Destroyer's existing armor. Three turrets: blaze against Voinians (or neutrons if you figure you've got enough space) or phase against anyone else. I see the Destroyer as being in its element when fighting at short range, so I'd go for secondaries that play that up: in Human/Voinian space I'd choose rockets (and possibly needles, which are quite useful), and in the Crescent I'd go for dispies or maybe defense pods. Another point of view would be to simply accept your lack of mobility and use the space for more secondaries rather than speed upgrades.

Of course you should get all the standard zero-space outfits. The Igazra plasma siphon would probably be a nice addition when it comes time to join a Strand.

Oh, yeah, and it's all about the Force.

------------------
Paradigm, Captain of Industry
And when you stare persistently into an abyss, the abyss also stares into you. - Nietzsche

Well the reason i like the destroyer so muchis.

1. It's a challenge, it's weaker then other vessels and to stand up against bigger ships and
win is a great feeling.
2. I love the look of the ship, the turrets sticking out, it looks crazy.
And it has look of the rockets we use today

Your i deas sound good, i'll try thm out and see the results.

Grand Admiral Thrawn exploits the FORCE

------------------

The way I typically outfitted my UE Destroyer (before I took a liking for the Voinians that is ;)), was:

three blaze turrets (forget phase weapons if you're fighting the Voinians, although neutron weapons aren't a bad choice),
two hunter missile launchers with around twenty to fifty hunter rockets,
an afterburner to avoid contact with large clusters of Voinian fighters,
all the ship upgrades,
and sometimes a rocket launcher with a few rockets, if space permitted.

I haven't flown a UE Destroyer in quite some time, but this was how I typically armed the ship.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade
-Battle for Sol - Episode III: The Worlds Beyond the Milky Way - coming soon -

I usually upgrade my destroyer with a Lazira.

While I usually stear clear of UE warships, I guess if I were to upgrade a destroyer I've give it the pretty standard upgrade package. The maneuverability upgrades are a must, and a layer of dospect increase your longevity in the crescent. Use blaze/phase turrets depending on where you're flying, add all the standard gizmos. It's not that fast, but it could still be a good platform for dispersal rockets, my weapon of choice.

Of course, to do any of this the first thing you have to do is sell your rocket/hunter missile launchers.

As for being the best ship, I suppose one could make an argument saying that it is the best ship for the money. Still, I go with crescent ships mostly, except if I can get my mits on a UE Cruiser.

------------------
Each smilie I see drives me closer to the edge

That is a good way to set up a destroyer.
But i hate hunter missles so i would rather use some rockets.

What do you like abouvoinian vessels? they feel so sloppy, and i can not stand there slow speed and
horrible turning.
Well thats my opinion.

------------------

Originally posted by grand admiral thrawn:
**What do you like abouvoinian vessels?

They have awesome looks. And I love watchin my Voinian Heavy Fighters massacre UE Cruisers, while I monty the fighters.

------------------
Prepare to succumb to superior intelligence
MOSS of the Crimson Guard, a (url="http://"http://www.planetarion.com")Planetarion(/url) alliance.
Winning isn't everything thing, it's the only thing.
Go have a good laugh with (url="http://"http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com")Bushisms(/url).

<Grand Admiral Thrawn exploits the FORCE>

No, he just looks at art to exploit other species. No Force involved. Well, I like phase cannons paired with heavy rockets, and maybe a Zidagar beam. I normally use a Zidara, then a UE Crusier ;).

Just me...

------------------
macmaxbh
"I don't need romance." Zak Kebron told her confidently. "I have goldfish."

(QUOTE)Originally posted by macmaxbh:
(B)<Grand Admiral Thrawn exploits the FORCE>

No, he just looks at art to exploit other species. No Force involved.

Yes Thrawn does use art to exploit the weekneses of his enemys.
But don't forget about how he used Jedi master Jorus C'boath.
He used him too exploit the FORCE.

------------------

You have to end it with (/quote) and (/b). Generally, "/" followed by the starting, which will be "code", "quote", "i", "b", "list" or "url".

UE Destroyer wise:
Density Scanner
IFF Decoder
2 Fuel Scoops
Maxed out blaze turrets
2 Needle missile launchers, maxed out needle missiles
Shield upgrades
Speed upgrades
Sensor upgrades
ECMs

I'm not sure on the space, but that should all fit. Don't wother with expendable secondaries, but consider a repulsor/tractor beam if you have any money left.

SilverDragon

------------------
That's all very nice, but where are the guns?
- SilverDragon

Well, what I do tends to vary. However, I'm ALWAYS sure to place a layer of dospect armor on the ship. Its also wise to eschew hunter missiles for pursuit missiles instead; since they weigh less and you can actually do more against Voinian armor with many pursuits than with a few hunters. Plus, since pursuits take up so much less space, that leaves room to fit in other useful outfits.

Definitely add a couple fuel tanks, and at least one fuel scoop. I also recommend the speed & thrust upgrades; IMO the Destroyer's turning ability suffices.

For fighting the Voinians, always keep blaze turrets & rockets. For Crescent fighting, phase turrets are better (naturally). Rockets are decent against Crescent ships (their heavy weight also serves to knock them around a bit); though dispersals do more against shielding. For Crescent fighting I would eschew the rockets and pursuits, and simply max out on dispersals. The nice thing about freeflight rockets is that they can't be jammed, and in Override 1.0.2 homing weapons are deterred far too easily, with the exception of the hunter missile (which, ironically, supposedly has dumb homing rather than smart).

UEC

------------------

UE Crusader, I must bring you notice that you are a player of RoC 2. <teeth grate> So do something!

------------------
That's all very nice, but where are the guns?
- SilverDragon

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
UE Crusader, I must bring you notice that you are a player of RoC 2. <teeth grate> So do something!

Nice reminder, Esponer. I'm coming, by the way...
Figure out that cryptic statement.

================

Anyway, I generally fly a Crescent Fighter, or possibly a UE Cruiser if it's available, but if you must fly a Destroyer, just use all speed upgrades, phase or blaze turrets, and some Dispy rockets (or regular rockets, if you fight Voinians).

------------------
"Why should I boast? The bards will do it for me -- and with music."
--Ertai, wizard adept

It really depends on what race you are fighting. Here is a general overview of how to fight the specific races.

Note When stripped down off all outfits, the UE Destroyer has 205 tonnes of space

Azdgari
The key to fighting these guys with the UED is defeating the Azdaras. Heavy dispersal rocket and phase turret fire will prove deadly to them
3 Phase Turrets (60T)
2 Dispersal Rocket Launchers (40T)
35 Dispersal Rockets (35T)
Manueverability Upgrades (30T)
Dospect Armour (20T)
2 Fuel Scoops (10T)
2 Fuel Tanks (10T)
ECM
Sensor Upgrade
IFF Decoder and Density Scanner

Zidagar
The key to fighting these guys with the UED is being able to blast through their swarming. At long range, they are powerless
3 Phase Turrets (60T)
1 SAD Launcher (30T)
45 SAD Modules (45T)
Dospect Armour (20T)
2 Fuel Scoops (10T)
2 Fuel Tanks (10T)
ECM
Sensor Upgrade

Igadzra
The key to fighting these guys with the UED is being able to use the monty python and medium range weapons. At long and short range, they own
3 Neutron Turrets (90T)
1 Pursuit Missile Launcher (15T)
30 Pursuit Missiles (30T)
Dospect Armour (20T)
2 Fuel Scoops (10T)
2 Fuel Tanks (10T)
ECM
Sensor Upgrade

Voinians
The key to fighting these guys with the UED is being able to use long range munitions effectively or to dance around them in medium range. They will kill you at short range
3 Blaze Turrets (60T)
2 Pursuit Missile Launchers (30T)
45 Pursuit Missiles (45T)
Dospect Armour (20T)
2 Fuel Scoops (10T)
2 Fuel Tanks (10T)
ECM
Sensor Upgrade

Hope this helps you, the UED is a fine ship 🙂

------------------
MOSS of the Crimson Guard, a (url="http://"http://www.planetarion.com")Planetarion(/url) alliance.
Go have a good laugh with (url="http://"http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com")Bushisms(/url).

Originally posted by General Rak:
Zidagar
The key to fighting these guys with the UED is being able to blast through their swarming. At long range, they are powerless

True, but with that weapons set, the Zidagar Fighters will rip you to shreds with Phased Beams. You could use Miranu Defence Pods to get rid of them, or the Igadzra's Plasma Siphon. Also, SADs usually don't even hit their target.

Igadzra
The key to fighting these guys with the UED is being able to use the monty python and medium range weapons. At long and short range, they own

Pursuit Missiles can be good, but they generally go off in circles when you fire them without doing anything useful. Neutron turrets do work best against Igazras, though. Try using Phased Beams. Seems to work for me. If you don't play for the Zidagar, you could use Dispersal Rockets, but it'd be kind of hard.

Voinians
The key to fighting these guys with the UED is being able to use long range munitions effectively or to dance around them in medium range. They will kill you at short range

You usually want to use neutrons against Voinians. Blaze turrets have such short range that to fire them, you have to get in close with the Voinian ship, which is not such a good idea. Pursuit missiles the best choice against Voinians, as you said.

------------------
"Why should I boast? The bards will do it for me -- and with music."
--Ertai, wizard adept

(This message has been edited by Lord Asriel (edited 08-20-2001).)

Thanks General Rak for all those very sprecific destroyer outfitts.
And how too use them against the races.

And i have to agree the UED is a great ship.

------------------

Yeah. I love dospect armor. When I could sell back mass expantions, I put some dospect in my Scoutship (he he!). I don't like neutron. Too slow. The jammers are nice, and some of those missles that go over asteroids (prob already said, but I haven't played EVO for a while, forgot names). I use the worst tactics. I fire at close range at destroyers and crusiers.

<how he used Jedi master Jorus C'boath.>

Well, he DIDN'T use Jorus. He died a long time ago. Joruus, well, I might agree on that.
((Sorry guys, it's just a Star Wars fight. I hope I just ended it. 🙂 ))

------------------
macmaxbh
"I don't need romance." Zak Kebron told her confidently. "I have goldfish."

Originally posted by Lord Asriel:
**True, but with that weapons set, the Zidagar Fighters will rip you to shreds with Phased Beams. You could use Miranu Defence Pods to get rid of them, or the Igadzra's Plasma Siphon. Also, SADs usually don't even hit their target.

Yes, MDPs would really help against the Zidagar Fighters. And with SADs, they give you a very good advantage... Your oppenent can outmanuever you, but he can't kill you at long range. SADs are the only real long range weapon in the Crescent. But if you want to go head to head with the Zidagar Warship in a UED, be my guest.

Pursuit Missiles can be good, but they generally go off in circles when you fire them without doing anything useful. Neutron turrets do work best against Igazras, though. Try using Phased Beams. Seems to work for me. If you don't play for the Zidagar, you could use Dispersal Rockets, but it'd be kind of hard.

I find Pursuit Missiles quite accurate and deadly. They are nice medium range weapons, you can use them while montying the Igadzra ships with neutron turrets. Phased Beams consume massive amounts of fuel. The UED has a maximum of 6 jumps of fuel. No where near enough to fight efficiently with the Phased Beam.

**You usually want to use neutrons against Voinians. Blaze turrets have such short range that to fire them, you have to get in close with the Voinian ship, which is not such a good idea. Pursuit missiles the best choice against Voinians, as you said.

True. I usually use neutrons against Voinians, they are so slow as to not be able to evade the NTs.

------------------

I'm sorry for not being clear.

I ment the clone of Jorus C'boath.

Which he did use.

Sorry for dragging this on.

------------------