Ships

I can't stand Emalgha cannons either for the same reasons already mentioned. The blaze cannon is OK against Voinians, and I guess it's OK in the crecent. In the crecent - If I can, I'll use nuterons and a fighter bay(which one depends on who I side with). The nuterons are awesome against warships, but fighters of the Crecent are hard to hit. But, tht's what my Zidigar Fighter/Crecent Fighter/Adzara bay is for.

------------------
Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy
I don't know the Monty Python but I've got a lotta toys
My daddy is a Renegade, his name is Hellcat Helian
Wait a second...

Blaze cannon- Inaccurate, pretty good against shields and armor, cheap
Phase cannon- accurate, many varieties (Swivel, Rear, etc), good against shields, useless against armor, expensive
Emalgha cannon- inaccurate, slow, no turret, poor against shield, THE BEST against armor
Neutron cannon- fairly accurate, limited range, good against shield and armor
Phased Beam- accurate, very good against shields, worthless against armor, drains fuel

------------------
I ask you to look both ways- for the road to the atom leads through the stars, and the road to the stars leads through the atom.

Actually, the neutron turret is supposed to be perfectly accurate, the "problem" is that they move slow and ships sometimes get out of the way. And I think that its range is better than the phase

------------------
Remember that thou art dust and to dust
thou shalt return. And while your creation is forgoten your death you still spurn

Why the hell did VoinianAmbassador dig this up from a full year ago in the first place? :rolleyes:

As for the original question, the Arada is a nice ship for 1 million credits. And don't forget the Helian, available on independent and renegade planets, for 250k credits. Decent ship, I've destroyed a few Frigates in that. Freight-courier isn't half bad either.

As for weapons: Phase is probably the best all-around weapon. Fastest and most accurate; comes in lots of varieties; longest range (beats out neutron by a little bit, I think); and it's good against shields, and decent against armor. Of course, if you're going to fight Voinians and have the room, it's Emalgha all the way.

------------------
--Joolzman5, that guy with the red spikey hair whose presence never fails to suddenly kill Mag Steelglass

This is actually quite interesting - you see all sorts of people from a year ago posting, then it suddenly switches to people that are here now. It's kinda like looking back into the boards past. Remind me to dig it up again in about a year :D.

------------------
Wait a second...

This is to VoinianAmbassador. Try using the enhanced azgardi arada with the shield generator and dospect armor. Then you can place 2 phase turrets and 2 sw. phase cannons on. That is a fun ship. Also, if you get the igadzra string then that ship can have the plasma siphon too. Mine also has the cloak. If you want to kill voinians for some strange reason then replace the phases with 3 em. cannons and a neutron cannon.

Originally posted by 21st Century Digital Boy:
**This is actually quite interesting - you see all sorts of people from a year ago posting, then it suddenly switches to people that are here now. It's kinda like looking back into the boards past. Remind me to dig it up again in about a year:D.

Hehe..... well I wouldn't have even noticed that it was from a year ago if it weren't for the different quote format. I saw this blue-gray writing and I thought, "What the hell?" and then I looked at the dates and I realized that for SOME reason the last post last year on this topic was from February first. It is nice to look back, though, especially for me, since I only started coming here in November.

------------------
--Joolzman5, that guy with the red spikey hair whose presence never fails to suddenly kill Mag Steelglass

I didnt even see that :frown:

------------------
G.W.D.N.A.M

Just fulfilling an old promise 😄

Ok, I have to add something, so... uh... the Adzara doesn't count because it's 1,500,000 credits and this guy who's never going to see this again only has 1,000,000 😄

------------------
Wait a second...

Personally I always go for the F-C, as it comes pretty well armed and has a fair bit of armour. But then I can never be bothered to go all the way to Miranu space for an Arada. Besides, it's as easy as pis...pie to capture aradas in an F-C.

Az

------------------

They are? Where?