F-25 v.2.0

I'm at a loss as to whether to buy and F25 ship or keep my Crescent Warship. They look very cool.

------------------
"Haw, you look at 'im shag it? Big enough to eat apples off my head an' he mine me like a baby." -Ken Kesey

I'd go with an F-25 sgip, they're so much better suited for the terrain...

------------------
sigh Is there ever a good EVO roleplaying experience?
AIM: StrikerDragon

Bomb......Do you remember me? I was beta testing for you...had a page of notes about problems...got a long way in the plug...had a major powersurge and completly fried my hard drive...gave up because finals were coming and i didn't have time to redo or remember all of it...please forgive me for deserting you! whew! Boy, am I glad to have that off my chest! The plug sounds great!

------------------
"Do not try to bend the spoon, that is impossible. Simply try to realize the truth." "What is that?" "There is no spoon" "There is no spoon..." Eirrrrnnn

I am interested in playing F-25, but I am having trouble downloading it. I downloaded as a .sit file, and Stuffit turns it into something else, and the new file won't do anything. I can't find any program to expand it. Is there anything I ought to do or try? Thanks

There is a program called ZipIt, but I'm not sure where to find it or who makes it, since I use Stuffit as well.. maybe someone else can show you the way or you could ask about it on one of the other boards...

------------------

Originally posted by VoinianAmbassador:
**I haven't seen the beta of F25.1 (or whatever) but I did download the original, so here's my wish list.

• Better English in the text strings. (I offered to help with this, but heard nothing.)

• Less missions where you just hold down the hyperspace key for twelve or fifteen jumps, and then get sent right back to where you came from.

• Less powerful ships and weapons in the new galaxy (especially those available to the player) - they spoilt game balance.

• A top-down graphics version of the plug for the folks who don't like oblique-view graphics.

Good luck with it!

I've worked very hard on both testing the missions and proof-reading the text -- all of it. Although I haven't completed all of the testing I'd like to have, I can honestly say that this version of F-25 is much more polished and more compelling to play. I think you'd have a hard time finishing any of the major strings in this plug without more powerful ships. It is not intended that you finish F-25 and then go back to regular EVO space and kick buuuutox. It is intended that you accept that EVO's stories are in the past and that now you are playing bomb's stories -- which just happen to take place in an area north of the regular evo galaxy.

Try just to play the plug and relax. It's a game after all. This one will challenge you and has a story to tell. Give it a shot. What do you really have to looooose since there aren't many really large plugs coming out for EVO 1.0.2 right now anyway.

Just my 2˘ (which is not even worth that around here -- wink to those who know me 😉

Jim

Who would want to go back to EVO with F-25?? I never did...

------------------

Originally posted by Jim:
**I've worked very hard on both testing the missions and proof-reading the text -- all of it. Although I haven't completed all of the testing I'd like to have, I can honestly say that this version of F-25 is much more polished and more compelling to play. I think you'd have a hard time finishing any of the major strings in this plug without more powerful ships. It is not intended that you finish F-25 and then go back to regular EVO space and kick buuuutox. It is intended that you accept that EVO's stories are in the past and that now you are playing bomb's stories -- which just happen to take place in an area north of the regular evo galaxy.

Try just to play the plug and relax. It's a game after all. This one will challenge you and has a story to tell. Give it a shot. What do you really have to looooose since there aren't many really large plugs coming out for EVO 1.0.2 right now anyway.

Just my 2˘ (which is not even worth that around here -- wink to those who know me 😉

Jim

Thanks Jim- stick around. We need more people like you here..

Anyway, if F-25 2.0 is up any later than one week from now, I will formally hand over my spot on the EVN beta list to Alien. 😉

_bomb

Hey, bomb, what's the holdup? I've seen neither post nor email of you for weeks. BTW my email addy is now weepul@2xtreme.net, please contact me...

------------------

Of course you know I am going to hold you to that Bomb.. 😄

------------------

There is a list of the beta testers?

------------------
--The Eye is Upon you--
If you look long enough the Sun isn't that bright.

Originally posted by Alien 5672:
**Of course you know I am going to hold you to that Bomb..:D

Good news, or bad, depending on your point of view. Fetch is finally working, so I may have the files up as soon as tonight. I would do it this afternoon, but I'm going to work in a few minutes.. So probably from 9 PM EST on would be a good bet.

_bomb

2nd day. 🙂

------------------

3rd day. 😉

(I ain't lettin' ya get away from this one..)

------------------

What's going on bomb? it's still not there!

Does kytarri mean bat or something cuz that's what their ships remind me of

------------------
My very first EVO Chronichle called "The UE's Dread" Followed by the "U.E.S. Inconvertrable" Then "What Happened to Huron" finally "Ontario the Azdara"
What do you think?

You guys need to tell people when there is a time limit to a mission. I can't tell you how many missions I have failed because i diddn't know I was supposed to get somewhere by some time. This is so bad I have stopped playing it.

Just my 2 cents.

Wintermute

Originally posted by Overrider720:
**What's going on bomb? it's still not there!

Does kytarri mean bat or something cuz that's what their ships remind me of

No, it doesn't. But you are partially right- they are predatory-looking vessels.

_bomb

Originally posted by Wintermute:
**You guys need to tell people when there is a time limit to a mission. I can't tell you how many missions I have failed because i diddn't know I was supposed to get somewhere by some time. This is so bad I have stopped playing it.

Just my 2 cents.

Wintermute**

Oh, bugger off. Just because you're too dumb to read the mission texts which usually tell you if there is some kind of timelimit, doesn't mean it's a bug. Either that, or you're not supposed to know there is a timelimit, and it just went clear over your head.

_bomb

(quote)Originally posted by Alien 5672:
**3rd day.:p

_bomb

4th day.

Or one mad little Hinwar. 😄

------------------