F-25 v.2.0

Just stopping by to let anyone who cares know that F-25 2.0 (the bottom up re-write of F-25) has gone into beta testing and should be out in the coming weeks. It's got some great stuff with many more missions, revamped graphics, etc.

_bomb

I haven't seen the beta of F25.1 (or whatever) but I did download the original, so here's my wish list.

• Better English in the text strings. (I offered to help with this, but heard nothing.)

• Less missions where you just hold down the hyperspace key for twelve or fifteen jumps, and then get sent right back to where you came from.

• Less powerful ships and weapons in the new galaxy (especially those available to the player) - they spoilt game balance.

• A top-down graphics version of the plug for the folks who don't like oblique-view graphics.

Good luck with it!

------------------
I'm sorry my karma ran over your dogma. (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/evodude2001/home.html")New & Improved: Cerberus Station!(/url)
I got this .sig file at insanely_great.com - don't even think about taunting me!

Originally posted by VoinianAmbassador:
**I haven't seen the beta of F25.1 (or whatever) but I did download the original, so here's my wish list.

• Better English in the text strings. (I offered to help with this, but heard nothing.)

• Less missions where you just hold down the hyperspace key for twelve or fifteen jumps, and then get sent right back to where you came from.

• Less powerful ships and weapons in the new galaxy (especially those available to the player) - they spoilt game balance.

• A top-down graphics version of the plug for the folks who don't like oblique-view graphics.

Good luck with it!

First off, I think you don't understand the concept of beta testing. There are no "wish lists." The scenario is complete. It's just a matter of testing.

Still, you're in luck, at least somewhat.

1. You have a point about certain grammatical mistakes. However, I had no reason to believe that you'd actually do any real work and therefore had no interest in what you "offered." That, and you seem to have no tact whatsoever.

2. A good point. The jumps are considerably shorter in this version.

3. For this I'm not going to change anything major because balance is ridiculous. Why would two galaxies that have always been separate mysteriously have perfectly balanced ships with EVO's? The F-25 ships are considerably better to make the plug-in more challenging. Granted, I've tinkered with the damage a bit and added several new weapons and defenses that people will like. If anything, it makes the combat slightly easier, especially against pesky fighters.

4. This one is already being done.

_bomb

I thought the original plugin was quite fun. However, I was not able to solve the riddles very well at all, at least with the same answers that the Authors wanted (and I did try ... I liked my solutions better since they were more science related rather than to some silly book authors, as I recall). Anyway, I had fun building a super fleet and conquering the galaxy. I really enjoyed the interesting ships.

I'll be watching out for the new version !!!

1. You have a point about certain grammatical mistakes. However, I had no reason to believe that you'd actually do any real work and therefore had no interest in what you "offered." That, and you seem to have no tact whatsoever.

Yes, arrogant little git, isn't he? ๐Ÿ˜›

------------------

Originally posted by Kevin Jordan:

Yes, arrogant little git, isn't he? ๐Ÿ˜›

Yeah, especially to someone who's majoring in English. Admittedly, I write at night, so my grammar slips considerably, but it's not like my first language is Portugese or something and I'm writing terrible, fractured sentences.

_bomb

Oh! Bomb! One last thing!!

That annoying problem that the plug has with the Voinians! AAHH! I spelled it right! I spelled Vikimadegi-.... nevermind..

Anyway, I found that soooo annoying, I wanted so much just to go in and conquer Veggies with my new-found ships... please fix?

------------------
Hi! I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm big, mad, strong, and Hinwar! I yell 'LONG LIVE THE UE!', but I smash vikimadegie lovers every chance I get! Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk! I'm always making the mods mad doing something or another, but I'll never learn! I'll never turn! Look at my karma! Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
AIM: StrikerDragon

Originally posted by Bomb:
Yeah, especially to someone who's majoring in English. Admittedly, I write at night, so my grammar slips considerably, but it's not like my first language is Portugese or something and I'm writing terrible, fractured sentences.

All your base are belong to us. You have no chance to survive make your time. Take off every "Zig"- you know what you doing. Move "Zig!" For great justice. ๐Ÿ™‚

Originally posted by VoinainAmbassador:
A top-down graphics version of the plug for the folks who don't like oblique-view graphics.

Originally posted by Bomb:
This one is already being done.

But what about those people you do like oblique-view graphics, Bomb? (Like me ๐Ÿ™‚ ) You do have a version for us, don't you? (Please say yes!!!!!!)

God bless,

UE Patriot

------------------
"Turn me over, I'm done on this side."- St. Lawerence at his martyrdom
"The glory of God is man fully alive"- St. Iraeneus
Voinian lovers are ignorant of the UE marines taking over Borb Station.
(url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category;=plugins&display;=date&file;=ReignOfTheUE.Bin")Reign of the UE(/url): Get it today!

(This message has been edited by UE Patriot (edited 04-30-2001).)

The original was cool. So, 2.0 must be awesome. Thanks for all the work youยดve done for us.

And as i see it you have every right to be arogant. Keep up the damn good work!!

Originally posted by Alien 5672:
**Oh! Bomb! One last thing!!

That annoying problem that the plug has with the Voinians! AAHH! I spelled it right! I spelled Vikimadegi-.... nevermind..

Anyway, I found that soooo annoying, I wanted so much just to go in and conquer Veggies with my new-found ships... please fix?

Sadly, no, I can't, because it's either that or remove the Bomaarii and Xarnez from the game. And since that would leave only shady or evil races behind, the balance would be badly disrupted. ๐Ÿ™‚ EVO uses up too many ship spots and thus limited me in what I could do with F-25. At one point I considered eliminating the Independant vessels, one Centurian vessel, one Querin vessel and one Kytaan to push the Voinians back in.
Tell you what. I'll take a vote. If anybody reading this has played F-25 and has any kind of opinion, I'm definitely open to changing it, if enough people want the Voinians in F-25. Just keep in mind you sacrifice ships to get them back.

_bomb

All your base are belong to us. You have no chance to survive make your time. Take off every "Zig"- you know what you doing. Move "Zig!" For great justice.

Heh, yeah, right? I think at some point, the Querin will have to march into a Kytaan settlement and yell "All your bases are belong to us!" ๐Ÿ˜‰

Originally posted by UE Patriot:
**But what about those people you do like oblique-view graphics, Bomb? (Like me ๐Ÿ™‚ ) You do have a version for us, don't you? (Please say yes!!!!!!)

God bless,

UE Patriot

Ummm... Weepul? Want to do some more graphics? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Sorry, at this point, I'll be going with only 2-D graphics, mainly because all of the Kytaan (formely Kytarii) and Querin ships are out of my control because they came from free ship-yards. However, I think you'll be impressed as hell with what Weep's done so far... Also keep in mind that I'm already offering two versions of the plug-in: One without QT movies and one with...

_bomb

Originally posted by Opalius(without password):
**The original was cool. So, 2.0 must be awesome. Thanks for all the work youยดve done for us.

And as i see it you have every right to be arogant. Keep up the damn good work!!**

Arrogance? Me? ๐Ÿ˜‰

But yeah, 2.0 is gonna rock, if for no other reason than it'll be clean and without bugs. Combine that with 200+ new missions, new graphics, a rapidly changing galaxy.. good times.

_bomb

Originally posted by _bomb:
**Tell you what. I'll take a vote. If anybody reading this has played F-25 and has any kind of opinion, I'm definitely open to changing it, if enough people want the Voinians in F-25. Just keep in mind you sacrifice ships to get them back.

I'd say leave the Voinians out. If I wanted to fly around in Voinian space I'd do it with the Reign plugs. And kicking Voinian butt probably wouldn't be much fun with an F-25 ship and/or weaponry.

------------------
I'm sorry my karma ran over your dogma. (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/evodude2001/home.html")New & Improved: Cerberus Station!(/url)
I got this .sig file at insanely_great.com - don't even think about taunting me!

Hell, off with the Vikimawazzits! I don't want to lose any of those vessals...

------------------
I'm big, mad, strong, and Hinwar! I yell 'LONG LIVE THE UE!', but I smash vikimadegie lovers every chance I get! Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk! I'm always making the mods mad doing something or another, but I'll never learn! I'll never turn! Look at my karma! Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!

If you could get your plugin out before EVN hits, you'll have a lot more people downloading. You don't want to go head-to-head with EVN.

I'm with the Ambassador on this one. Leave them out I need those ships ๐Ÿ™‚

------------------

Tell us when it's done Bomb!

------------------

Originally posted by cruiser:
If you could get your plugin out before EVN hits, you'll have a lot more people downloading. You don't want to go head-to-head with EVN.

This definitely doesn't top my concerns list since EV3 hasn't even entered beta yet, and we're quite a ways in. Combine that with the fact that EV3 is about 3-4 times as large in scope as F-25 and you realize that F-25 will be out in three weeks at most, while Nova could be several months down the road. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, and for now, the Voinians won't be in F-25. I'm in agreement with everyone who commented: I like the new ships better. ๐Ÿ™‚

_bomb

Oh crud, I better get a pilot ready! I've been playing B5 recently!!

------------------

Originally posted by Alien 5672:
**Oh crud, I better get a pilot ready! I've been playing B5 recently!!

There's no need. One of the worst parts of playing F-25 (getting a pilot ready) has been eliminated.

_bomb