Thank you for your contributions to the webboard Voinian Earth!...

(sarcasm)I really enjoyed throughly reading all your posts and having to delete your garbage and locking your topics. I found your spam, pointless topics and excessive use of smilies to be a very positive and uplifting experience.

I hate reading and posting on these boards. I love having to clean up them up though! You have my appreciation for wasting my time. Trying to prevent flame wars and further spam is a joy!(/sarcasm)

You will notice your karma has been lowered 5 times. In all honesty, you deserve more. Please read the guidelines before posting again. Changing your username will also be pointless, I know who you are by your IP address.

By not following the rules you have annoyed and wasted the time of me and other members of the board. You have, I assume, less respect amongst board members. By thinking before you post and following the rules you will, in time, have your karma and respect back. By not doing so you face losing all your karma and getting a ban, not your username, your IP.

This is a few words from your friendly moderator of the EV/O board. Please no one use this topic as a platform to further insult Voinian Earth. I do not want this to be a "flame" topic. I just wanted to make it VERY clear to him that his behavior is neither permitted, enjoyed, nor respected.

------------------
mikeeJ | Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy | zergess@yahoo.com
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus

(This message has been edited by Soviet mikee (edited 05-05-2001).)

Well soviet, I'd have to say my opinion of you has just gone up a notch.

------------------
If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you don't give a man a fish, you'll have something for dinner...
Always remember where you put your ship's keys, floating to the next system can get downright cold...

This is VERY mean.
We were all newbies once (ok, I still am!)
I very much doubt if Voinian Earth will ever post again.

------------------
"Things that try to look like things often do look more like things than things, well known fact."
-Granny Weatherwax

Oh god, I just read the other 3 topics he posted overnight, I am so sorry, I should have read them before I posted my last post. I am not, however, going to change my last post. I still think that it is a valid point.

------------------
"Things that try to look like things often do look more like things than things, well known fact."
-Granny Weatherwax

(This message has been edited by Jess (edited 05-06-2001).)

Originally posted by Jess:

Sorry, but...
What would be so bad about that? 😛

I am seriously not sure whether I am kidding or not.

------------------
"quote me, I'm cool, really" -Cone (StarStrafer)
Speculum : An instrument for dilating the opening of a body cavity for medical examination.
Poirot smily lives on

Originally posted by BattleDoctor:
**Sorry, but...
What would be so bad about that? 😛 **

My thoughts exactly

I am seriously not sure whether I am kidding or not.

I'm not

------------------
EGOTIST, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.
LOQUACITY, n. A disorder which renders the sufferer unable to curb his tongue when you wish to talk.
-Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
(url="http://"http://www.wwiiplug.f2s.com")The WWII Plug-in for EVO(/url), coming soon

Originally posted by Jess:
**This is VERY mean.
We were all newbies once (ok, I still am!)

Some survive, some don't. Some people post, find out the info, and leave. Some people stick around for a while and then get bored. Some people that really shouldn't be here end up sticking around. And finally: Some of us just get stuck in the loop and can't get out.

------------------
"I have been assured by a very knowing American of my Acquaintance in London; that a young healthy Child, well nursed, is, at a Year old, a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome Food; whether Stewed, Roasted, Baked, or Boiled; and, I make no doubt, that it will equally serve in a Fricasie, or Ragoust."

Jonathan Swift

Your a hard man forge, a very hard man.

Jesus. I nearly capitolised your name. Sorry.

~A~
"Become a Pirate"

------------------
"How can I make it go faster?" -Me-

And finally: Some of us just get stuck in the loop and can't get out.

Kinda like the bunch of oldies around here like you, Mikee, and me who never go away, hm? 🙂

------------------

Some people are just obnoxious and don't care about other people. I strongly believe Voinian Earth is one of those people. I don't see this as insulting, just to say there are better places for those like him.

------------------
It is not fear that will destroy you, but the absence of it.
EVEA Webstory Board: (url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/bevoadventures")http://pub51.ezboard.../bevoadventures(/url)
Will burn things for a nickname -- consult for further information.

Originally posted by roostersw:
**Some people are just obnoxious and don't care about other people. I strongly believe Voinian Earth is one of those people. I don't see this as insulting, just to say there are better places for those like him.

Yes. The Houses of Parliament.
Either that or the teaching profession...

------------------
-Granny Weatherwax

Originally posted by roostersw:
**Some people are just obnoxious and don't care about other people. I strongly believe Voinian Earth is one of those people. I don't see this as insulting, just to say there are better places for those like him.

I disagree. I think that he is not just a newbie to the boards, but a newbie to the internet. I think that he is likely quite young, so he has not yet acquired the maturity level of many on these boards. I see no reason to condemn him for that.

Or, he could be a troll.

------------------
All jocks think about is sports. All nerds think about is sex. (Non-exact quote from Revenge of the Nerds)

Originally posted by Starkiller:
**I disagree. I think that he is not just a newbie to the boards, but a newbie to the internet. I think that he is likely quite young, so he has not yet acquired the maturity level of many on these boards. I see no reason to condemn him for that.

Or, he could be a troll.

Good point. Newbies to the boards may spell some stuff wrong, or spam from time to time, but VE is an exception: he's worse. No offense, but spamming, useless topics/posts, and swearing will get bad karma which he's already received. And he probably is a newbie to the internet, and hasn't realized that you can't do anything you want on the internet. Certain actions receive certain penalties even on the world-wide web. Still, he is a newbie and deserves some assistance (it's too bad he hasn't ASKED for any), and I don't think he should be banned unless he does something very dispicable. Or, he could be a troll, like you suggested, in which case, his actions are clearly justified.

------------------
Why settle for a $3 pound of pork meat, when you can get up to 50+ pounds of human meat free?

I think that level of karma lowering is incredibly unfair. My opinion of you just
went down several notches, not up.

He's a newbie. I know you can take that type of thing too far, but we didn't give
him time to CHANGE. We warned him, but he hadn't even posted since his major
warnings. And you lowered him 5 times!

However, if his IP address coincides with someone else....... Lower than both by
10. I wouldn't be surprised.

------------------
Fear not the dragon,
Fear not the wolf,
Fear not the warship,
Fear my Crescent Fighter.

**I disagree. I think that he is not just a newbie to the boards, but a newbie to the internet. I think that he is likely quite young, so he has not yet acquired the maturity level of many on these boards. I see no reason to condemn him for that.

Or, he could be a troll.

I totally agree Starkiller. Yesterday I read Soviet Mikee's post and today I finally got around to reading Voinina Earth's many posts and he does look like a young person who is newbie to the internet. It would seem to me that he just figured out that he "can" post whatever he wants becuase no one knows who he is in real life. He still hasn't figured out (like many spammers on icq) that most people (or atleast the ones I know) take what they post or talk about on the internet seriously, just like if they were talking face to face (or something like that).

Now just as a side note or question. Yesterday I thought the -5 karma was pretty harsh (that was before reading Voinian Earth's posts) today I actually think that -5 is fair or maybe even not harsh enough (depends on if he knew what he was doing was wrong.. which is really hard to say). You could tell he gave it no effort to try to hide the fact that he was spamming just to get his post count up. My question is does karma raising or lowering like this happen on a regular basis? It would seem to me that is doesn't becuase for the small amount of time I have been here I think I have seen 1 person get a karma point, Silver Dragon lose and regain a karma point (right?) and well the -5 karma drop.

------------------
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."
-Pink Floyd

(This message has been edited by dcarvy (edited 05-06-2001).)

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
**I think that level of karma lowering is incredibly unfair. My opinion of you just

He's a newbie. I know you can take that type of thing too far, but we didn't give

However, if his IP address coincides with someone else....... Lower than both by

I would disagree. If you read my post, which is after yours (I was having trouble to get it to post my post... so your post was not up when I tried to submit mine.. took me like 15 mins to get the board to accept my post... grrr) I said that Voinian Earth does not take what he posts up here seriously becuase he just figured out that on the net he "can" post whatever he likes with no consiquences becuase no one knows him in real life (my opinion of course... after reading his posts). What he needs to learn is that people do take what they post or talk about on the net seriously (to some extent atleast). Since he does not care about what he posts on the net, only a large karma drop will get his attention and maybe get him to change. If he only would have lost 1 karma point he might have thought.. hey I can do this 9 more times.. cool... The -5 karma drop is thus justified in my opinion. Of course if he shows signs of trying to repair the mistakes he made he should be put back to decent individual (hopefully Soviet mikee's opinion too).

------------------
-Pink Floyd

Or, he could be a troll.

I totally agree Starkiller. Yesterday I read Soviet Mikee's post and today I finally got around to reading Voinina Earth's many posts and he does look like a young person who is newbie to the internet. It would seem to me that he just figured out that he "can" post whatever he wants becuase no one knows who he is in real life. He still hasn't figured out (like many spammers on icq) that most people (or atleast the ones I know) take what the post or talk about on the internet seriously, just like if they were talking face to face (or something like that).

Now just as a side note or question. Yesterday I thought the -5 karma was pretty harsh (that was before reading Voinian Earth's posts) today I actually think that -5 is fair or maybe even not harsh enough. You could tell he gave it effort to try to hide the fact that he was spamming just to get his post count up. My question is does karma raising or lowering like this happen on a regular basis? It would seem to me that is doesn't becuase for the small amount of time I have been here I think I have seen 1 person get a karma point, Silver Dragon lose and regain a karma point (right?) and well the -5 karma drop.

------------------
-Pink Floyd

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
**I think that level of karma lowering is incredibly unfair. My opinion of you just

Well, considering that you are not me, I don't see how you feel you have a place to say that. I spent an hour checking through the boards. You obviously didn't read everything he posted. I hate to delete MANY of his posts. He put garbage like "Why the heck is no one reading my stuff in the other topics??"

In all honesty, I was being nice. I was on #ev3 and everyone was very ticked off with his behavior and suggested -10.

I said he needed a second chance. I work on principle. I did not pull the -5 out of thin air. He made atleast MAJOR seperate 8 webboard violations. In many cases I was "bundling" his violations into one karma warning. For me to let him break all the rules without a karma lowering is like saying you can do whatever you want and spam up our boards, I will only give you a minor slap. If he does it again he will have -10 and a ban, thus more than enough chances.

Karma RAISES back to 0 with time. In short, you didn't read all his garbage and you didn't have to waste the hour searching and locking/deleting his nonsense. Many people thought I was too nice.

He was lowered for violating the rules, not because I thought he deserved -5. If you still wonder why I did it and continue to feel the way you do, email me and my actions will all be explained

------------------

(This message has been edited by Soviet mikee (edited 05-07-2001).)

Originally posted by dcarvy:
Now just as a side note or question. Yesterday I thought the -5 karma was pretty harsh (that was before reading Voinian Earth's posts) today I actually think that -5 is fair or maybe even not harsh enough (depends on if he knew what he was doing was wrong.. which is really hard to say). You could tell he gave it no effort to try to hide the fact that he was spamming just to get his post count up. My question is does karma raising or lowering like this happen on a regular basis? It would seem to me that is doesn't becuase for the small amount of time I have been here I think I have seen 1 person get a karma point, Silver Dragon lose and regain a karma point (right?) and well the -5 karma drop.

I give karma drops for violating the rules. If you break two rules in a day, you still get two warnings. There were many instances that I didn't warn him for excessive smilies and spam. And often I bundled his violations as one warning. I could of easily found enough violations, that if each were done by seperate people, would of been more than -10, which is enough for a banning.

------------------

Hmmm.......... I still think it was a bit harsh (after all, I think I saw most
of the topics), but it was your decision, Mikee. Perhaps I think that because I
have so recently suffered that -1 karma. It's restored now, but I must say I was
very upset after that (I know, I know, it doesn't really matter).

Anyway, I think I'm going to email VoinianEarth and see how he is. A question;
if he comes back under a different name, will you do the same again? I want to try and "train" him and he might even come back after...

------------------
Fear not the dragon,
Fear not the wolf,
Fear not the warship,
Fear my Crescent Fighter.