Why is United Earth/Voinians Better?? Come Point Out Your Opinion!!!

Why is United Earth/Voinians Better?? Come Point Out Your Opinion. Witch one do you think is better? Witch one has the best weponds, the worst? Who IS the best and why? If you want you can tell me why this is that way and that....or not. What do YOU think?? What i have seen is that United Earth seems to be better...is that true??

Everyone is welcome to share what they think!!!!! HAVE FUN!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

------------------
'89 Macintosh= Windows 98
The Microsoft Corp= A Solitaire Game
--From A Real UE Supporter--The Truth Is Out There.
You know the best is out there, just don't ignore it.

I don't really have much of an opinion. Just don't hate on the Voinians.

------------------
"...Until next time, take care of yourselves, and each other." Jerry Springer

Originally posted by BattleDoctor:
**I don't really have much of an opinion. Just don't hate on the Voinians.

That's a fare responce. But I really do hate the Voinians.

------------------

My, my, you really can't spell, can you? You spelled fair as 'fare'(fare is what you pay on the bus). You spelled which like 'witch' (an evil magician lady). You spelled weapons as 'weponds'(not even a word) No offense, but I just like everything to be spelled right.
P.S. Don't hate the Voinians.

------------------

In all honesty, i prefer the United Earth ships for a number of reasons. First, i feel that any ship should have manouverability (sp?) and the voinian ships certainly lack manouverability.

Second, i think that the United Earth ships provide easier stepping stones to better ships. i.e. a transporter/scoutship is a stepping stone, as is a destroyer, while the only voinian stepping stone is the frigate, which requires a large jump from something like a scoutship, shuttle, transporter, arada, or another small ship. What i mean by this (i'm not sure i have been clear), is that it takes less work to upgrade from a UE ship.

Third, i prefer the UE moral standpoint. The voinians have, if i am correct, attacked the humans without provocation, dominated the emalghia, and dominated that other race in souther voinian space (if they didn't, then just ignore that third race. If they did, please tell me their name). In addition, the voinians attacked without provocation.

Also, i prefer the UE ships' appearances. In all honesty, large grey geometrical shapes to not appeal to me.

Quick question: do you use an UE ship, or a UE ship? I know you are supposed to use an if the next word starts with a vowel, but an doesn't sound correct when used an UE ship. Also, could you answer the same question for USA and United States?

------------------

I can't say anything about the grammar in any of these responses, but I prefer the UE (got around that one!), mostly because I have never been able to get recruited by the vonians. Where the heck can I get recruited? I have tried all the frontier bases before doing any of the UE missions, but I still can't get recruited, and eventually I run out of money for fuel, and I die. Anybody got help here?

------------------
Don't call me Batman EP
on Twang
You Know What you doing!
MOVE ZIG!

Go to Pax. There is a Voinian in Pax Station's bAR who asks you to disable and board a freight courier, and if you accept you have been recruited by the Voinians

------------------

UE - definately.

They have the speed, the better secondary weapons, the better looking ships and
better balanced forces.

------------------
This is Esponer reincarnated after an accident with a phased beamer and a shipment of Saalian brandy.

If you want free answer for the UE (or the Voinians), search a bit with the "Voinian" word

------------------
M'enfin!
Y'a personne qui parle français ici?

I don't exactly like one over the other, as both races have their pros and cons.

UE - Their ships are faster, they have better shields, they have non-military ships, unlike the Voinians who have military only (the Supply Ship is basically the Voinian's FC) and, they are human!

Voinians - Slow, powerful, hulks. Go with these guys if you want raw power, and nothing else. They like to dominate, and think of nothing else. Armor is theb est in the universe.

I prefer the UE however, because I generally start out with missions with the UE, to get money for a new ship, I then just end up going with the UE. I am also a bit patriotic, and like to save my race from threats. πŸ™‚

------------------
- Captain Stud Beefpile
- UE Naval 238th Squadron
- Crew of One Challenger
- Member of the Zacha Renegade Elimination Corporation

**My, my, you really can't spell, can you? You spelled fair as 'fare'(fare is what you pay on the bus). You spelled which like 'witch' (an evil magician lady). You spelled weapons as 'weponds'(not even a word) No offense, but I just like everything to be spelled right.

sorry, but deal with it πŸ™‚

------------------

**My, my, you really can't spell, can you? You spelled fair as 'fare'(fare is what you pay on the bus). You spelled which like 'witch' (an evil magician lady). You spelled weapons as 'weponds'(not even a word) No offense, but I just like everything to be spelled right.

sorry, but deal with it πŸ™‚

Originally posted by Slider:
**In all honesty, i prefer the United Earth ships for a number of reasons. First, i feel that any ship should have manouverability (sp?) and the voinian ships certainly lack manouverability.

Second, i think that the United Earth ships provide easier stepping stones to better ships. i.e. a transporter/scoutship is a stepping stone, as is a destroyer, while the only voinian stepping stone is the frigate, which requires a large jump from something like a scoutship, shuttle, transporter, arada, or another small ship. What i mean by this (i'm not sure i have been clear), is that it takes less work to upgrade from a UE ship.

Third, i prefer the UE moral standpoint. The voinians have, if i am correct, attacked the humans without provocation, dominated the emalghia, and dominated that other race in souther voinian space (if they didn't, then just ignore that third race. If they did, please tell me their name). In addition, the voinians attacked without provocation.

Also, i prefer the UE ships' appearances. In all honesty, large grey geometrical shapes to not appeal to me.

Quick question: do you use an UE ship, or a UE ship? I know you are supposed to use an if the next word starts with a vowel, but an doesn't sound correct when used an UE ship. Also, could you answer the same question for USA and United States?

yep

Originally posted by Rexbo:
I can't say anything about the grammar in any of these responses, but I prefer the UE (got around that one!), mostly because I have never been able to get recruited by the vonians. Where the heck can I get recruited? I have tried all the frontier bases before doing any of the UE missions, but I still can't get recruited, and eventually I run out of money for fuel, and I die. Anybody got help here?
------------------
Don't call me Batman EP
on Twang
You Know What you doing!
MOVE ZIG!
(/B)

Go to Pax station.

------------------

Originally posted by Paladin:
**UE - definately.

They have the speed, the better secondary weapons, the better looking ships and
better balanced forces.

i really like your choice! Yeh know UE Rulez!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

(quote)Originally posted by Stud Beefpile:
**I don't exactly like one over the other, as both races have their pros and cons.

UE - Their ships are faster, they have better shields, they have non-military ships, unlike the Voinians who have military only (the Supply Ship is basically the Voinian's FC) and, they are human!

Voinians - Slow, powerful, hulks. Go with these guys if you want raw power, and nothing else. They like to dominate, and think of nothing else. Armor is theb est in the universe.

I prefer the UE however, because I generally start out with missions with the UE, to get money for a new ship, I then just end up going with the UE. I am also a bit patriotic, and like to save my race from threats. πŸ™‚

------------------

Originally posted by Zacha Pedro:
**If you want free answer for the UE (or the Voinians), search a bit with the "Voinian" word

ok but id still like to know what people think nOw.

------------------

Originally posted by Rexbo:
**I can't say anything about the grammar in any of these responses, but I prefer the UE (got around that one!), mostly because I have never been able to get recruited by the vonians. Where the heck can I get recruited? I have tried all the frontier bases before doing any of the UE missions, but I still can't get recruited, and eventually I run out of money for fuel, and I die. Anybody got help here?

yeah go to pax but y whould you want to start missions with the Voinians? πŸ™‚

------------------

This is to Slider. I understand what you are saying. "An" is an article to be used before a word starting with a vowel. However, in this case UE is not a word but an abreviation. The U is not making a U sound. I would say "a UE" ship. However, I would also say "an United Earth" ship. I hope that clears that up.

Originally posted by Slider:

Well, here's my take on this. English grammar has some pretty strange rules regarding 'an.' As I understand it, you are supposed to use 'an' before any word beginning with a vowel or the letter 'h.' (In the case of 'h,' I think this is technically true whether it's a soft 'h' as in "an honorable soldier" or a hard 'h' as in "an home.") If you want to be accurate, it should be "an UE Fighter," "an US ambassador," and "an European dignitary." Personally I ignore the rule entirely and base my usage on the sound. In modern America if you use all the correct rules for "an" you can seem condescending.

Rexbo: The Voinian missions require a much higher combat rating to get than the UE ones. This could be why you're having such trouble finding them. I think you might have to be rated "Competent" or better before the Voinians will talk to you. Plus, even then you only have something like a 20% chance of being offered the mission.

Taylor: Personally, I prefer the UEs. I have done all the missions for both races (once with a single pilot), and I think the UE missions are more developed and interesting. Plus I agree that the UEs have more advanced overall technology... although the Voinians have been developing theirs for combat for much longer. The Voinians do have some very serious armor, but I prefer not having to take 10 minutes to get to safe jump distance.

Also the UEs just have more style.
Paradigm

------------------

(This message has been edited by Paradigm (edited 03-26-2001).)

UE for sure.
Voinians have more weaknesses than they know what to do with. I took down the VOINIAN DREADNOUGHT in a UE fighter! That goes to show that the Voinians cannot stand up to a UE ship of any kind, save maybe the shuttlecraft.

------------------

Actually, usage of 'an' is based soley on the beginning sound of the word in question. In the case of US, the 'U' isn't a 'vowel sound.' At least, that's what my English teacher says. For example, with the word "Unicorn", the U, as in UE, is more of a 'y' sound. With Umbrella, however, the sound -is- a vowel, which is why we use an.
I think.

Anyways, I'll have to side with the UE ships, on this one. Why? Because I still can't kill that damned dreadnaught. Even with my destroyer, Emgalwhatever cannons, six turncoats, and empty space, so that the UE destroyers attack only the dreadnaught, we still lose. Wow. I might just download 1.0.2 and use the forklift. It's quite tempting. NO...must resist the urge!