Wow, i feel like a newbie and it´s great!!

I just got connected to the internet with my mac, for the first time!!
I have been forced to sit on various other computers when i wanted to be on the net, that way the only plugs i could download was them at 1.4 mb. But now i´m finally online, and yesterday i downloaded Frozenheart. When i started the plug i just thought, wow i´m feeling like a newbie and it´s damn good. Forget about being an oldie or experienced ev/evo user, who doesn´t want to go back to the very first hours of play. I just felt so good!!

------------------
G.W.D.N.A.M

You're always a newbie till.............. never! You could call yourself an old fart though..

------------------
Hi! I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm big, mad, strong, and Hinwar! I yell 'LONG LIVE THE UE!', but I smash vikimadegie lovers every chance I get!
Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm always making the mods mad doing something or another, but I'll never learn! I'll never turn! Look at my karma!

Very funny

------------------
G.W.D.N.A.M

does this post have any point? Please read the FAQ and dont let this happen again.

Your welcome 🙂

------------------
Remember that thou art dust and to dust
thou shalt return. And while your creation is forgoten your death you still spurn

Originally posted by Opalius:
**I just got connected to the internet with my mac, for the first time!!
I have been forced to sit on various other computers when i wanted to be on the net, that way the only plugs i could download was them at 1.4 mb. But now i´m finally online, and yesterday i downloaded Frozenheart. When i started the plug i just thought, wow i´m feeling like a newbie and it´s damn good. Forget about being an oldie or experienced ev/evo user, who doesn´t want to go back to the very first hours of play. I just felt so good!!

Well, then, welcome!
Jude

------------------

Point is that it is good being a newbie, duhh 🙂

------------------
G.W.D.N.A.M

ditto

------------------
Remember that thou art dust and to dust
thou shalt return. And while your creation is forgoten your death you still spurn

Amen 😄

------------------
G.W.D.N.A.M

Why is it so great being a newbie, when your an oldie you get more respect.

------------------
"One Ring to rule them all one Ring to find them, one Ring to bring them all into the darkness and bind them, in the land of mordor where the shadows lie."
Check out the upcomming Lord of the Rings Movies at (url="http://"http://www.lordoftherings.net/home.html")http://www.lordofthe...s.net/home.html(/url)

(This message has been edited by Titan (edited 01-17-2001).)

Originally posted by Titan:
**when your an oldie you get more respect.

And where did you learn how to get respect? 😄

j/k!!!

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub29.ezboard.com/b20")Don't click here.(/url)
The Person who misspells "Voinian" knows not of the 50 gigaton nuke coming at their cranium.

My objective is to live forever. So far so good.

Originally posted by Titan:
**Why is it so great being a newbie, when your an oldie you get more respect.

No you don't. Believe me. 😉

------------------

(quote)Originally posted by Soviet mikee:
**No you don't. Believe me.:)

------------------
G.W.D.N.A.M

So all you newbies out there, enjoy being a newbie. Because you'll want to be a verteran, but then you'll become a veteran so fast, that when you are, you'll wish you were a newbie again. Although, it sometimes helps to start again without using the Monty Python or any of you're other faviorate manuvers, but it only helps.

------------------
Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy
I don't know the Monty Python but I've got a lotta toys
My daddy is a Renegade, his name is Hellcat Helian
Wait a second...

I know what you mean! Wow... have fun with Marin Turner's children!
FF's easier then FH, IMHO.

🙂 Have lots of fun! Oh, gosh, when EV3 and FH2 comes out, whooho! I'll be a newbie agin. Wait, in the ML/UEVO, I'm an ethernal newbie. Oops.

------------------
Max B-H
"I've taken the disperser out of the loop and run the cables through the initiator power intake on the engine power system. The feedback energy is just accumulating in the repulsor system. When the power level is high enough, I'll reset the feedback power breaker and dump the energy right into the initiator intake on the engine power systems."
"What?!"
"Jump-start it," Han said. "I'm going to jumpstart it."

Originally posted by Opalius:
**By looking at the number of post you´ve made, then somehow... I believe you:)

Actaully I have made alteast 900 posts using other names, including the largest, "mikeeJ", more over I have been a regular long before these new boards were created.

So, yea, I'm kinda regular 😃

------------------

When you're a veteran or an old fart, you pretty much get the right to call yourself a veteran or and old fart.

------------------
Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy
I don't know the Monty Python but I've got a lotta toys
My daddy is a Renegade, his name is Hellcat Helian
Wait a second...

Yeah! Being a newbie rocks!! I miss the days when I used to go crazy when I blew up a turncoat or saw the Miranu for the first time...

Ha, it'll all happen again when EVN comes out...

And I'm definately an old fart.

------------------
Hi! I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm big, mad, strong, and Hinwar! I yell 'LONG LIVE THE UE!', but I smash vikimadegie lovers every chance I get!
Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm always making the mods mad doing something or another, but I'll never learn! I'll never turn! Look at my karma!

Why is it so great being a newbie, when your an oldie you get more respect.

That isn't always true. Speaking as a relative oldie myself (I've been here since the DiscBoard days back in early 98), it is true that a lot of oldies have a lot of experience and the like, and deserve a great deal of respect. I could give you quite a list, but most of you would only identify with those you've seen around here often--many great oldies you are likely familiar with are Bombcat, Lobster, ColdFusion, Pipeline, Weepul 884, the true Talon Kaarde (I know him better by another name, but I won't confuse you), Jude, Captain Scurvy, Regulus....no doubt others as well. I suppose Mikee is one too, sorta. 😛

However, there are some oldies that can sometimes be....idiots. Some people from back then are downright rude and/or rather wierd....while they have been around awhile, they just aren't on the same level. I won't bother mentioning names or certain events, but the point is that while most oldies (by far) are very cool and deserve a ton of respect, some do not deserve it and should not get it simply because they've been around awhile.

Bottom line? Respect is something you earn. It is not an inherent status.

UEC

------------------

Poor Mikee...never could get respect 😛

(How 'bout them, Sooners? :p)

::: beats Cursdera :::

K-a-r-r-d-e. K-a-r-r-d-e. K-a-r-r-d-e. >:p

• frodelus perfectus

------------------

Originally posted by talonkarrde:
**Poor Mikee...never could get respect:p

(How 'bout them, Sooners? :p)

::: beats Cursdera :::

K-a-r-r-d-e. K-a-r-r-d-e. K-a-r-r-d-e. >:p

• frodelus perfectus

Yea, you live in Oklahoma don't you? I seem to recall that.

Sooners!
(for those that don't know who the "Sooners" are, they are the #1 college football team in America, my college's (Oklahoma Univ) team) 🙂
------------------
"...The Bill of Rights is a literal and absolute document. The First Amendment doesn't say you have a right to speak out unless the government has a 'compelling interest' in censoring the Internet. The Second Amendment doesn't say you have the right to keep and bear arms until some madman plants a bomb. The Fourth Amendment doesn't say you have the right to be secure from search and seizure unless some FBI agent thinks you fit the profile of a terrorist. The government has no right to interfere with any of these freedoms under any circumstances." - Harry Browne

(This message has been edited by Soviet mikee (edited 01-20-2001).)